Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cbarr13

cw67irl wrote: »
    Id imagine the biggest change will be the hours, Going from im assuming a flexi clock to 24/7 roster is going to be a big change. Im still in the process myself so i cant testify as to the operation of the TFU however i know from my own role its a big change in lifestyle going from the office to 24/7. It comes with 25% Shift allowance so roughly an extra 120eu assuming you are on the first point of CO.

Sorry i cant offer more insight into the TFU but id consider the lifestyle change. Personally my shift pattern for the most part suits me but i have seen a few people transfer in and try and return to the flex just as quick.

Just my 2c :)

Thanks for your reply :) Sorry what do you mean by TFU? What typical shift pattern would you be on? As in would you get a couple of days off together or does it depend on what shift pattern you're on? Not having flexi and having to work some weekends are putting me off it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

TFU=Trade Facilitation Unit :)

I'm not sure what their shift arrangement is. I'm not sure if they even have it worked out yet as it's a new unit I believe. The roster in my Dept (Not revenue is working 7 from 14) Id imagine it will be somewhat similar.

If loosing flexi is a concern id have a good think about it. Loosing the flexi is one thing but getting into work for 5 or 6am could mean a 3/4am start depending on your location . Then factor in nights, rotating shifts ect Definitely a big shift from a 9-5 or 10-4 ��

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cbarr13

I'm not sure what their shift arrangement is. I'm not sure if they even have it worked out yet as it's a new unit I believe. The roster in my Dept (Not revenue is working 7 from 14) Id imagine it will be somewhat similar.

If loosing flexi is a concern id have a good think about it. Loosing the flexi is one thing but getting into work for 5 or 6am could mean a 3/4am start depending on your location . Then factor in nights, rotating shifts ect Definitely a big shift from a 9-5 or 10-4 ��

Of course! Yeah I think I'm going to turn it down. Thanks very much for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 willcartel

I just got the call. I start training for Dublin port on the 4th of March. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kittyc2018

willcartel wrote: »
    I just got the call. I start training for Dublin port on the 4th of March. Delighted!

Me too! Got the call at lunchtime.

• Advertisement

willcartel wrote: »

Great stuff guys! Congratulations:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

kittyc2018 wrote: »
    Me too! Got the call at lunchtime.

Congrats, batch 1 or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 willcartel

fungijay wrote: »
    Congrats, batch 1 or 2?

Batch 2. 00M 10

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kittyc2018

fungijay wrote: »
    Congrats, batch 1 or 2?

Batch 2.1 OOM 8

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Anyone from Cork get a call yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sam2079

Cbarr13 wrote: »

Of course! Yeah I think I'm going to turn it down. Thanks very much for your help :)

At the moment it’s a temp roster. Early starts at 5 and late finishes at 10.
    Only 4 teams are running at the moment.
    You get 25% shift allowance and double time for Sunday’s and BH. Also an out of normal hours travel allowance.

All the COs who could go for the EO comp in the port got the EO.
    Never seen promotions like this.
    Revenue is the place for promotions.

Sam2079 wrote: »
    At the moment it’s a temp roster. Early starts at 5 and late finishes at 10.
    Only 4 teams are running at the moment.
    You get 25% shift allowance and double time for Sunday’s and BH. Also an out of normal hours travel allowance.

All the COs who could go for the EO comp in the port got the EO.
    Never seen promotions like this.
    Revenue is the place for promotions.

Could you post/even send me the current roster if you have it handy. I want to see how it compares to my current one in a somewhat similar role :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jungle_fever

Hi guys I’m due to start training on the 4th and 5th of March but unfortuenty I will be away those two days , will this affect me now once I let them know

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cb92

Anyone know what OOM there at in batch 2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Hi guys I’m due to start training on the 4th and 5th of March but unfortuenty I will be away those two days , will this affect me now once I let them know

Generally with CS, they only start people on Mondays. I thought i saw someone in this thread say they were starting on the 11th so maybe they could put you in a different group but really you won't know until you ask them..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Seanfhocail

Best thing to do is ask. Ring them back.
    Also where are you on the oom. You say 30's where specifically though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Saun12456

What oom are we up to does anybody know? I'm early thirties.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Saun12456 wrote: »
    What oom are we up to does anybody know? I'm early thirties.

I'm 18 and just got called this lunchtime.

Mid teens batch 3

Mid teens batch 3

Obviously not the mid teens of batch 3 as one of the users was in the 30s.. In batch 2.1

• Advertisement

Obviously not the mid teens of batch 3 as one of the users was in the 30s.. In batch 2.1

Mid teens batch 3 are the batch at interview stage

Mid teens batch 3 are the batch at interview stage

For a thread that's discussing where they are at oom now for hiring...

It's a bit random for you to mention that batch 3 is interviewing.. But not mention that specific information until now ha

Does anyone know where or who was the last oom called for hiring today. Forget the interviews of batch 3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

Mid teens batch 3

Have you sat your interview. If not best of luck with it :)

gizmo23 wrote: »

Wow.. This thread really doesn't follow any rhyme or reason. Regret joining it now because no one answers any of the questions asked.
    It's like a WhatsApp group with no coherence at all.

I ndáiríre pire.. In ainm Dé... Seo libh.. Nach bhfuil sibh ag iarraidh aon rud.. Ciallaím seo libh.. Na bac leis tá sé níos fearr má tá mé ag fanacht le haghaidh na daoine ó PAS.. Slán amadain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

Wow.. This thread really doesn't follow any rhyme or reason. Regret joining it now because no one answers any of the questions asked.
    It's like a WhatsApp group with no coherence at all.

I ndáiríre pire.. In ainm Dé... Seo libh.. Nach bhfuil sibh ag iarraidh aon rud.. Ciallaím seo libh.. Na bac leis tá sé níos fearr má tá mé ag fanacht le haghaidh na daoine ó PAS.. Slán amadain :)

It's quite simple read above batch 2 oom of 18. Was the last post from this afternoon of a person called.

This thread was from the beginning of the competition to what one assumes the end. Being batch 1,2 3 etc..

Or you could simple email the contact you were given on your email.

It's quite simple read above batch 2 oom of 18. Was the last post from this afternoon of a person called.

This thread was from the beginning of the competition to what one assumes the end. Being batch 1,2 3 etc..

Or you could simple email the contact you were given on your email.

It's quite simple... That the last post is not the last possible one who got called.

Read back there mate.

Jungle Fever on page 84 got called today if you click into his previous posts he was in the mid 30s of oom...

So if it's so simple. Use that simple mind of yours :)

I asked him where specifically he was but to no avail and since then no one has replied except one person to mention batch 3... Which has no relevance to the thread.

So be simple.. Yeah :) and read.

Slán

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

For a thread that's discussing where they are at oom now for hiring...

It's a bit random for you to mention that batch 3 is interviewing.. But not mention that specific information until now ha

Hi Sean, I set up this thread. I set it up on the day the campaign was first advertised.

There are many people in this competition in different locations and at different stages of the process. Its not strictly for "discussing where they are at oom now for hiring".

As you didn't specify in your question - location or the stage you were referring too, do shouldn't complain or criticise others if the information you receive wasn't exactly what you wanted. Perhaps next time you should phrase your question better.

It is absolutely heartbreaking that you regret your decision to join this thread, although you may not be the only one who regrets your decision to join.

Until next time, Slàn

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

Hi

I have done my interview abd test and have passed , my oom is in its 70 for cork , does anybody know roughly how long it takes ? its been 4 weeks since my interview . the waiting is killing me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

Hi

Did you get offer an Job ? how long where you waiting ?

Advertisement