Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Seanfhocail

Saun12456 wrote: »
    No word yet

Grand thanks. At least someone replies huraahhh

But in most jobs you are paid for the training so I wouldn't imagine it is any different. Tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

OK then could you please PM me. Because I would like to know a specific number and big brother is watching...

Also you can have several people all placed the same number on the OOM as they all have identical scores

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Also you can have several people all placed the same number on the OOM as they all have identical scores

You've said that countless times mate. I know.

Also why would the PAS care if potential employees of the future were discussing there oom.

What is possibly wrong with that.

Also if there is several people who could be let's say 42.. How would they know which 42 you were...lets throw logic out the door shall we

You've said that countless times mate. I know.

Also why would the PAS care if potential employees of the future were discussing there oom.

What is possibly wrong with that.

Only trying to be informative on the OOM..not everyone understands on these things work

Nothing wrong with discussing OOMs but it potentially allows them to see your posting history

Only trying to be informative on the OOM..not everyone understands on these things work

Nothing wrong with discussing OOMs but it potentially allows them to see your posting history

But if there are countless people who are they same say 4 43s then how can they monitor you :..

• Advertisement

But if there are countless people who are they same say 4 43s then how can they monitor you :..

Well if you really wanted to drill down, you'd look at post history and determine gender, location, age etc.and make a match if possible that way.

Well if you really wanted to drill down, you'd look at post history and determine gender, location, age etc.and make a match if possible that way.

So if someone says their male on this it's true.. Mate this isn't Facebook or twitter. There isn't a profile picture or any information of any relevance so..

No.

Whats my age
    Please tell me and we will see how that works

So if someone says their male on this it's true.. Mate this isn't Facebook or twitter. There isn't a profile picture or any information of any relevance so..

No.

Whats my age

Why so confrontational in all your interactions?

Ive no interest in you or who you are. Im just giving advice to those who want it.

Best of luck with your application and future position

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

No.

Whats my age

Ive no interest in you or who you are. Im just giving advice to those who want it.

All news is welcome for me anyway so thanks

It's not confrontation.

You've stated on previous posts what we should do.

Should.

Don't give out oom
    Don't give out emails.

So prove why we shouldn't.

Or stop suggesting.

It's as clear as that mate.

I've got posts you've looked at them now tell me who I am or stop telling me to ask for specific OOMs

Cheers

• Advertisement

It's not confrontation.

You've stated on previous posts what we should do.

Should.

Don't give out oom
    Don't give out emails.

So prove why we shouldn't.

Or stop suggesting.

It's as clear as that mate.

I've got posts you've looked at them now tell me who I am or stop telling me to ask for specific OOMs

Cheers

Its called advice. Take it or leave it

Its called advice. Take it or leave it

Not needed. Now information I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

I havent seen anyone mention placements in cork yet.

Were you in batch 1 going for interview?

I'm batch 2 and in my oomph is in the 70s, I have a feeling I have no chance at this stage

EireinOZ wrote: »
    I'm batch 2 and in my oomph is in the 70s, I have a feeling I have no chance at this stage

In fairness it's hard to know.

From previous posts people are going for tests and potentially interviews after that from batch 3 and we are still in the batch 2 spectrum.

I've emailed PAS twice in the last few days but they haven't replied.

Some people have got calls this week and have been given the go ahead the last oom being in the 30s so who knows.

Next week will hopefully bring some light on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭2016claire

Clerical Officer in Customs Trade Facilitation got called for stage 2 supervised test any advised from someone that have done it?

Im panicking .

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

2016claire wrote: »
    Clerical Officer in Customs Trade Facilitation got called for stage 2 supervised test any advised from someone that have done it?

Im panicking .

Many thanks

Practise the verbal, numerical and check test available on the public jobs website.

Categorising Information is not tested.

You need to pass all 3 tests to proceed but the verbal and checking are the 2 used for OOM purposes so you want high scores for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

Saun12456 wrote: »
    This could have been answered already but do we get paid while we are doing the 5 weeks training?

You get paid basic co wages while training.
    Moving to shift allowance on top when shift work commences.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

2016claire wrote: »

Im panicking .

Many thanks

Hey Claire,

I tried careerservices.ie they do charge you to use the sample questions but I found that it was worth the money. It cost about €80 (I think) but it gives you a lot more choice than the questions on the public jobs site. You have access to the site for a year and it caters for different grades.
    Anyway that's what I used, best of luck with the test.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    Seanfhocail is taking a forum break; as always report posts you think are breaching the forum rules and don't comment on thread.

EireinOZ wrote: »
    I havent seen anyone mention placements in cork yet.

Were you in batch 1 going for interview?

You were in batch 2 for Cork after the supervised test and you have already gone to interview?

That doesn't sound right. Did you have Wexford or Dublin listed as a second choice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Cb92

Anymore updates on batch 2.1 and where there at calling up people on the OOM

Still not heard anything since confirmed interview was passed but hearing ppl are still being called for interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

Cb92 wrote: »

Still not heard anything since confirmed interview was passed but hearing ppl are still being called for interviews

I have my interview today, bundle of nerves, but still, wondering if its a fruitless exercise with so many still in Batch 2.1 awaiting a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Daisy_32

Good luck I have mine in the morning and am wondering the same.... I accepted the expression of interest for the DAFM instead of revenue so not sure if that makes it worse or better.....

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

fungijay wrote: »
    Cb92 wrote: »

I have my interview today, bundle of nerves, but still, wondering if its a fruitless exercise with so many still in Batch 2.1 awaiting a call.

Good luck today. Don't be nervous.

The two panel members I had for mine were lovely and really made me at ease.

Unfortuantly for me I am stuck waiting for Wexford batch 1 but we will get there

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

fungijay wrote: »

I had mine interview yesterday, they ask you exactly on what it is on your CV, and in the booklet you were provided in section The Interview -4 sections -they will be asking to give specific examples of such situations from your work experience.
    communication, difficult customer, delivery of results, teamwork, commitment, what drives you /motivates you, self development (when asked what do they mean it wasn't explained) as there is personal education development and more of a mindful development. knowledge of systems (what programs you can use) and something about strengths and weaknesses.
    no interest in personal life what so ever.

Btw do anyone what courses are available when working for public jobs? I was asked would I be interested and which ones, but I wan't aware there are any available.

ani_mal wrote: »
    Btw do anyone what courses are available when working for public jobs? I was asked would I be interested and which ones, but I wan't aware there are any available.

Did they mean just any course?... Civil Service are particular good for training and development. a lot of people have said they went on to study degrees (& higher) and if they passed the course, their fees were refunded by the department.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LaaSh

Just had my interview today. My oom is 27 batch 3 for Dublin but my 1st choice was Wexford, has Wexford been filled already is that why I’m now on Dublin’s ? Help a very confused girl out. Thanks

LaaSh wrote: »
    Just had my interview today. My oom is 27 batch 3 for Dublin but my 1st choice was Wexford, has Wexford been filled already is that why I’m now on Dublin’s ? Help a very confused girl out. Thanks

What is your oom for Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LaaSh

Diarmaid38 wrote: »
    What is your oom for Wexford?

Thanks why I’m confused about it nothing has been mentioned about Wexford since I applied. I just presumed they didn’t have Wexford available anymore.

• Advertisement

LaaSh wrote: »
    Thanks why I’m confused about it nothing has been mentioned about Wexford since I applied. I just presumed they didn’t have Wexford available anymore.

As far as I know they have started to recruit for Wexford, but they are only posting 30 people there. May more at a later date.

Advertisement