Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

LaaSh wrote: »
    Just had my interview today. My oom is 27 batch 3 for Dublin but my 1st choice was Wexford, has Wexford been filled already is that why I’m now on Dublin’s ? Help a very confused girl out. Thanks

Hi LaaSh,

First off well done and best of luck in the interview stage.

From my limited knowledge my understanding is if you have two areas down (Wexford and Dublin in your case) when one of the areas you applied for ( Dublin in this case) are called for interview you will be called to.

If you pass and they reach your order of merit for Dublin they will offer you the job for Dublin. You can turn this down in the hope they reach Wexford. As you sat your interview you won't have another one and your score will transfer to Wexford.

At present they are at order of merit low 20s for Wexford in batch 1. The campaign runs till 2020. Logic would seem to suggest batch 3 won't be reached for Wexford.

They have tested batch 2 for Wexford but have yet to call them to interview stage.

I hope this is of some help

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dools22

Anybody know if there has been any more movement in batch 2.1 for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Thanks why I’m confused about it nothing has been mentioned about Wexford since I applied. I just presumed they didn’t have Wexford available anymore.

Laash, when you say 'they mentioned nothing'.... were you not given an OOM for wexford when you passed the first stage questionaire?

The OOM for Wexford and Dublin would have probably came in two separtate messages on public jobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dmsm

kittyc2018 wrote: »
    I got the link for Garda Vetting by Email this morning, completed it and submitted it

Hi, did you guys get any update on your Garda vetting? I submitted my application on the same day as you and based on the NVB tracking option, the status of my application is "Application process completed". The status was updated around 11am yesterday but I haven't received any further information. Not sure if the outcome was sent to Revenue and wether and/or when I will receive any confirmation. I will appreciate any comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kittyc2018

Dmsm wrote: »
    Hi, did you guys get any update on your Garda vetting? I submitted my application on the same day as you and based on the NVB tracking option, the status of my application is "Application process completed". The status was updated around 11am yesterday but I haven't received any further information. Not sure if the outcome was sent to Revenue and wether and/or when I will receive any confirmation. I will appreciate any comments.

Just checked mine there now and its completed and disclosure has been viewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 LaaSh

Laash, when you say 'they mentioned nothing'.... were you not given an OOM for wexford when you passed the first stage questionaire?

The OOM for Wexford and Dublin would have probably came in two separtate messages on public jobs.ie

No I wasn’t given a oom for Wexford. I presume I didn’t score high enough after stage 2 for Wexford seen as in batch 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dmsm

kittyc2018 wrote: »
    Just checked mine there now and its completed and disclosure has been viewed.

Many thanks for your quick response kittyc2018, just got my disclosure via email too. Did you receive any other paperwork from HR?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kittyc2018

Dmsm wrote: »
    Many thanks for your quick response kittyc2018, just got my disclosure via email too. Did you receive any other paperwork from HR?

No just my Heath & Character declaration form. They have been in touch with my HR dept as I'm currently a serving CS just to confirm my sick leave and PMDS for the last 3 years. I have also been in touch with them about my salary and incremental credit etc

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Very disappointing that there's been zero movement in Cork.

No I wasn’t given a oom for Wexford. I presume I didn’t score high enough after stage 2 for Wexford seen as in batch 3.

Unfortunately that doesnt sound good... usual you get two separtate oom and which ever is reached first at each stage is the one your called for. The results are carried over to your other choice but only when your oom is reached within that location.

Given the high demand in Dublin its possible that you met the standard but not met the standard for wexford.

I would suggest that you contact PAS asap, tell them you didnt receive an OOM for Wexford and ask what the situation is for you now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

Hey, any movement on Cork or Wexford yet? interview back in October places OOM 35 for Wexford and 41 for Cork?
    I emailed PAS and the revenue email they gave me but no reply

Hey, any movement on Cork or Wexford yet? interview back in October places OOM 35 for Wexford and 41 for Cork?
    I emailed PAS and the revenue email they gave me but no reply

There was no assignments made for Cork as of last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bradley linemihler

I have an interview at Date: 07/03/2019
    Interview Time: 15:30.
    awkward time for me they said you cant change it. I it was a few hrs earlier id be fine but now i have to use up a holiday day

I have an interview at Date: 07/03/2019
    Interview Time: 15:30.
    awkward time for me they said you cant change it. I it was a few hrs earlier id be fine but now i have to use up a holiday day

What location are you in for??

its cork
    Abbeycourt House, Georges Quay, Cork

Oh sorry its Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pacho123

Just a quick question.

I've been following the thread since the start. I got offered the job today in Dublin.
    They couldn't guarantee whether it would be Dublin Port or the airport. If it's the port that would be great. Dublin Airport I wouldn't be able to get to. Wouldn't be worth while.
    I've been offered a job in the private sector more pay then what I'm on at the moment but with the shift allowance it would kind of even out.
    Does anybody know if you do accept do you get a choice on the time of shifts?
    I've seen the times someone posted previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ianb97

pacho123 wrote: »
    Just a quick question.

I've been following the thread since the start. I got offered the job today in Dublin.
    They couldn't guarantee whether it would be Dublin Port or the airport. If it's the port that would be great. Dublin Airport I wouldn't be able to get to. Wouldn't be worth while.
    I've been offered a job in the private sector more pay then what I'm on at the moment but with the shift allowance it would kind of even out.
    Does anybody know if you do accept do you get a choice on the time of shifts?
    I've seen the times someone posted previously?

Sorry I'm not sure the answer for this, but would you mind me asking what OOM you were, it's fine if you don't want to give an exact number even if you could say 30s/40s etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

its cork

That's odd that you have an interview for Cork in Cork, are you sure it's the same competition?

Oh sorry its Cork

Im surprised to hear its in Cork.
    Were you open or internal candidate? What was your batch no. & oom?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Just got the message from PAS about portal inspector jobs in agriculture. Seems I've no hope in this comp.

Annie K64 wrote: »
    Just got the message from PAS about portal inspector jobs in agriculture. Seems I've no hope in this comp.

Did anyone in Dublin get the COPI email aswell.. cause if so and they are still interviewing for TFU i would say there is still life

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

I got the same for COPI expression of interest for Wexford, does it mean they dont think they will reach us for the Customs posts??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kiwi5449

Any updates on what OOM has been reached for clearance for batch 2.1??

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

gizmo23 wrote: »
    Did anyone in Dublin get the COPI email aswell.. cause if so and they are still interviewing for TFU i would say there is still life

I'm dublin, and got an expression of interest message about two weeks ago for the copi in agriculture, they said it was ASAP, needed to reply in 24 hours, I said I was interested, but heard nothing since. I'm batch 2, oom in 190's. I have since did an interview for tfu and still wondering about the copi.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

Did they mean just any course?... Civil Service are particular good for training and development. a lot of people have said they went on to study degrees (& higher) and if they passed the course, their fees were refunded by the department.

Mike, On my question what courses, the interviewing person couldn't give examples. but it looks like she didn't know herself. So I said I wasn't aware of any, but it is a bonus. that was it.
    I do not think these people were from HR, I truly believe they were employee and were just trained quickly how to run the interview. (funny to say there was a interview training session for people just behind the wall).

awaiting the decision now, was informed it will be beginning of March (about 2 weeks) via publicjobs.ie profile.

Also the vetting takes 5 working days - got that information from the vetting bureau

gizmo23 wrote: »

So they only have 230/600 hired so far. Thats positive for those still waiting I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

What happens if a customs deal is struck? Are these positions redundant? Or will they keep a certain number no matter what?

• Advertisement

CZ 453 wrote: »
    What happens if a customs deal is struck? Are these positions redundant? Or will they keep a certain number no matter what?

Revenue has said they need the 600 regardless, deal or no deal. The issue then becomes 'when do they need them', now or in two years time.

Anyone hired before 'the deal' should be safe. They will just stop hiring more people until later in the transition period.

In the case of a Nordic customs agreement being struck during the transition period, people will likely continue (until the end of the transition period) slowly redeploying to other roles within revenue.

Advertisement