Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

CZ 453 wrote: »
    What happens if a customs deal is struck? Are these positions redundant? Or will they keep a certain number no matter what?

Revenue has said they need the 600 regardless, deal or no deal. The issue then becomes 'when do they need them', now or in two years time.

Anyone hired before 'the deal' should be safe. They will just stop hiring more people until later in the transition period.

In the case of a Nordic customs agreement being struck during the transition period, people will likely continue (until the end of the transition period) slowly redeploying to other roles within revenue.

Basically my understanding of it. The 600 are needed just no deal means they are needed with greater speed.

Revenue actually said way back last September that these jobs were NOT dependent on brexit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Ganeolas

ianb97 wrote: »
    Sorry I'm not sure the answer for this, but would you mind me asking what OOM you were, it's fine if you don't want to give an exact number even if you could say 30s/40s etc.

I got an offer today and I am in the early thirties or mid thirties or late thirties.. But thirties nonetheless :)

Again they aren't sure where the job will be in the Airport or Port but beggars can't be choosers :)

Seanfhocail out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Parliamentary Question to the Minister for Finance - dated 05/02/2019
    These posts are being filled by the recruitment of new staff from the Public Appointments Service, and from internal and interdepartmental competitions. As serving staff are taking up their new Brexit related positions, Revenue is backfilling the vacancies created through panels of candidates established from its general recruitment activity.

Revenue are on track to have appointed over 400 additional staff to customs and related roles for Brexit during the period September 2018 to 29 March 2019.

The following table provides a broad outline of the planned additional 400 staff:

Number

Munster - 49

BMW - 48

Dublin - 238

Wexford - 30

Rest of Leinster - 35

Total - 400

Resources will be deployed based on the evolving business needs and to tackle any risks as they emerge.

In the event of a no-deal Brexit, Revenue plans to appoint a further 200 staff during the rest of 2019. This would bring the total additional staff recruited to the 600 staff required to deal with the UK withdrawal from the EU.

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

LINK

Wonder what that means for Cork batch 1. Numbers seem low, and with internal staff already being taken on. Doesn't look great.

These posts are being filled by the recruitment of new staff from the Public Appointments Service, and from internal and interdepartmental competitions. As serving staff are taking up their new Brexit related positions, Revenue is backfilling the vacancies created through panels of candidates established from its general recruitment activity.

Revenue are on track to have appointed over 400 additional staff to customs and related roles for Brexit during the period September 2018 to 29 March 2019.

The following table provides a broad outline of the planned additional 400 staff:

Number

Munster - 49

BMW - 48

Dublin - 238

Wexford - 30

Rest of Leinster - 35

Total - 400

Resources will be deployed based on the evolving business needs and to tackle any risks as they emerge.

In the event of a no-deal Brexit, Revenue plans to appoint a further 200 staff during the rest of 2019. This would bring the total additional staff recruited to the 600 staff required to deal with the UK withdrawal from the EU.

LINK

The one question I wonder is have 400 places or are the 400 some placed and some still in training.

I know they are so far at mid 20s for rosslare. Which would mean the 30 seem to be from our panel.

Thanks for posting it has somewhat made clearer the mud ha

• Advertisement

gizmo23 wrote: »
    The one question I wonder is have 400 places or are the 400 some placed and some still in training.

I know they are so far at mid 20s for rosslare. Which would mean the 30 seem to be from our panel.

Well they have only hired 230 so far (according to the earlier posted article) so there is still 170 to be recruited by end of march / early April. And if no deal, these numbers will bulk out by another 200 (so there may still be hope)

The biggest problem with this breakdown is what do they mean by 'munster' and 'Rest of Leinster', like this panel doesn't cover these areas, outside cork & wexford.

It would be interesting to know are they restricted to internal candidates or will they sent our panel out expressions of interest in other locations.

Well they have only hired 230 so far (according to the earlier posted article) so there is still 170 to be recruited by end of march / early April. And if no deal, these numbers will bulk out by another 200 (so there may still be hope)

The biggest problem with this breakdown is what do they mean by 'munster' and 'Rest of Leinster', like this panel doesn't cover these areas, outside cork & wexford.

It would be interesting to know are they restricted to internal candidates or will they sent our panel out expressions of interest in other locations.

Being honest it seems a bit a game of shadows say one thing while doing another.

I would agree with you especially with cork. Which isn't even mentioned by name it the above link but Wexford is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Portarlington, Portlsoise are two area that are covered by the Rest of Leinster quote. There is a 3rd location and its either Tullamore or Athlone i just cant remember.

These locations were advertised internally and interviews have been completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nod3Million

Guys where are ye seeing a batch number? I was given oom alright but no mention of a batch?!

Guys where are ye seeing a batch number? I was given oom alright but no mention of a batch?!

I got my batch number in the final email from PAS with my interview results and final O.O.M

It was one of the first lines on the email. If thats any help

• Advertisement

I got my batch number in the final email from PAS with my interview results and final O.O.M

Ah I see. I’ve only done my interview last week so I haven’t heard back yet. Any idea how long they wait to let you know the result of the interview?

Ah I see. I’ve only done my interview last week so I haven’t heard back yet. Any idea how long they wait to let you know the result of the interview?

Genuinely haven't an idea I sat my interview end of October and got my results about a week later.

But it depends on how many they are interviewing as they won't give results till everyone who has been called up for this interview has been interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rossmcd2018

Has anyone from batch 2.1 starting on the 4th march received a contract or where the training is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kittyc2018

Has anyone from batch 2.1 starting on the 4th march received a contract or where the training is ?

I received my contract last week. No word on training location yet

Genuinely haven't an idea I sat my interview end of October and got my results about a week later.

But it depends on how many they are interviewing as they won't give results till everyone who has been called up for this interview has been interviewed.

Cool thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bellah1

Hi , just wondering can someone give me an estimate of what oom in batch 2.1 has been reached , thank you for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rossmcd2018

I was oom28 got a phone call last Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Emailed Revenue HR asking for an update on Cork...not a peep :(

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭argentum

My daughter got a phone call and an email with the offer of a job yesterday .It doesn't actually give the address for the training but it does mention Dublin port .Does anyone know when the office is down in the docks ,she doesn't drive so will be using public transport and I'm not sure how far from the Red Luas line it is

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Emailed Revenue HR asking for an update on Cork...not a peep :(

Last I heard 127 (batch 1) were brought to interview stage 1.

No one has been assigned

• Advertisement

argentum wrote: »
    My daughter got a phone call and an email with the offer of a job yesterday .It doesn't actually give the address for the training but it does mention Dublin port .Does anyone know when the office is down in the docks ,she doesn't drive so will be using public transport and I'm not sure how far from the Red Luas line it is

The office is right down in the port beside the Circle K petrol station. She could get the Luas to the Point but its still a good 20 min walk from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Training is in the city centre, Various locations I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

No one has been assigned

I thought I heard there was a batch 2 for Cork...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Anyone due to start on Monday heard anything re training location?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Anyone due to start on Monday heard anything re training location?

No nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dmsm

kittyc2018 wrote: »
    No nothing!

The other day I called HR and they advised that we will be informed of the training location on Thursday (tomorrow) most likely. I was under the impression that HR were dependent on someone else to provide them with this info before they can pass it onto us.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Not the easiest place to get to if your daughter doesn't drive - especially with the shift work

weadick wrote: »

No one has been assigned

I thought I heard there was a batch 2 for Cork...

There is but batch 2 havent gone to interview stage yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 twohiga

nosey11 wrote: »
    I was low down in oom(1000) got called for tests, anybody else? And do we have any hope whatsoever, I presume we have some chance or why would we be doing the tests?!

i am oom 1071 and got the invite on 15th there to stage 2, also had completely forgotten and am now 6 months into a new job. going to go along to test, nothing to lose i suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Flynnerr

What oom (approx) was your daughter ?

Advertisement