Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

Last I heard 127 (batch 1) were brought to interview stage 1.

No one has been assigned

placed 41 for Cork and finally got an email back from then yesterday

''There’s been no movement on Cork yet. We have finished calling for Wexford for the next month’s intake. We do not know yet for certain when we will be calling again.''

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Emailed Revenue HR asking for an update on Cork...not a peep :(

got this finally yesterday -''There’s been no movement on Cork yet. We have finished calling for Wexford for the next month’s intake. We do not know yet for certain when we will be calling again''.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

got this finally yesterday -''There’s been no movement on Cork yet. We have finished calling for Wexford for the next month’s intake. We do not know yet for certain when we will be calling again''.

yeah, very disappointing to the 127 who went for interviews for Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Very disappointing for all. Does anyone know how many they called for Wexford,?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

yeah, very disappointing to the 127 who went for tests for Cork

If there was 127 for tests any idea how many got called for interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

weadick wrote: »
    yeah, very disappointing to the 127 who went for tests for Cork

If there was 127 for tests any idea how many got called for interview?

Batch1: 127 have gone to interview and (whoever passed) have been placed on the panel.

Batch 2: (About 80/100) have gone to supervised tests in dublin but have not yet been called to interview.

So its about 225 people in cork waiting to heard movement.

Batch1: 127 have gone to interview and (whoever passed) have been placed on the panel.

Batch 2: (About 80/100) have gone to supervised tests in dublin but have not yet been called to interview.

So its about 225 people in cork waiting to heard movement.

That's a ridiculous number of people who have all gone to considerable lengths to go through the application process for this position.

Minister Donoghue announced 400 extra customs Staff to be recruited before the end of March. I presume these have all been offered contracts by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Minister Donoghue announced 400 extra customs Staff to be recruited before the end of March. I presume these have all been offered contracts by now?

No, 250/270 i think up to last week were hirer so the other 130/150 will be hired in the next 4/5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dools22

No, 250/270 i think up to last week were hirer so the other 130/150 will be hired in the next 4/5 weeks.

Does that mean that those 130/150 still have to be contacted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 johnnypaul2k7

Interview last week got result today , mid teens oom for Dublin in batch 2.2 . Wonder what the likelihood is of a job offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

Interview last week got result today , mid teens oom for Dublin in batch 2.2 . Wonder what the likelihood is of a job offer?

Congrats,
    I Got mine, mid single digit, delighted.
    From what I can follow, they seem to be up to around 50 or more recruited in Batch 2.1 I believe that group is about 170 in total, so about 120 more to be recruited from that group.
    News says they still need about 150 more people.
    So fingers crossed for both of us, we are right on the edge.
    My interviewer told me the results would be mid march, so hopefully they have rushed it for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nod3Million

Does anyone know the starting salary for COPI and is it a temporary or permanent contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

Does anyone know the starting salary for COPI and is it a temporary or permanent contract?

The copi is still the basic co salary scale so if your not a current civil servant you start on point one on the scale ( I think the scale is online somewhere ? )

But you do get 17%(although I think Dublin will be 25%) of that again per week in lieu of flexi time.

When I rang PAS they couldn't tell me if it was permanent or not they said the department of agriculture would tell you all that if they reached your O.O.M and offered you the job.

Sorry I am not more of a help that's just what I know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

kittyc2018 wrote:
    The office is right down in the port beside the Circle K petrol station. She could get the Luas to the Point but its still a good 20 min walk from there.

The 53 bus goes near there and runs hourly up to 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nod3Million

gizmo23 wrote: »
    The copi is still the basic co salary scale so if your not a current civil servant you start on point one on the scale ( I think the scale is online somewhere ? )

But you do get 17%(although I think Dublin will be 25%) of that again per week in lieu of flexi time.

When I rang PAS they couldn't tell me if it was permanent or not they said the department of agriculture would tell you all that if they reached your O.O.M and offered you the job.

Sorry I am not more of a help that's just what I know

Thanks for that. I can’t find it online, it seems very low pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

If you go on Forsa.ie you'll find the payscales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DoreenB

I am no.99 for Dublin 2.1 and still waiting. Hopefully soon

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dools22

DoreenB wrote: »
    I am no.99 for Dublin 2.1 and still waiting. Hopefully soon

Same here I’m 59 and everyday I’m waiting for the call!!!!

Does previous civil service experience count towards the pay scale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Usually yes, but you'd need to dicuss this with Revenue HR you start.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

It does but you need to complete a previous service form. It's actually provided in the folder given to you on your first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kittyc2018

revenent wrote: »
    It does but you need to complete a previous service form. It's actually provided in the folder given to you on your first day.

I’m starting Monday and was able to sort out my pay over the last week or so by emailing Revenue HR. I’ll be starting on the point I’m currently on

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

Hey guys, I'm starting training on Monday has anyone and idea if we are getting travel expenses and if so when will it be paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Tio07

Diarmaid38 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm starting training on Monday has anyone and idea if we are getting travel expenses and if so when will it be paid.

I asked HR department the other day, they said we get expenses based on the link below and that the trainer will go over it all.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/employee-expenses/travel-and-subsistence/civil-service-rates.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 34 olly2018

Tio07 wrote: »
    I asked HR department the other day, they said we get expenses based on the link below and that the trainer will go over it all.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/employee-expenses/travel-and-subsistence/civil-service-rates.aspx

How are these claimed? Is it monthly or annually?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Tio07

olly2018 wrote: »
    How are these claimed? Is it monthly or annually?

Didn’t get any more info yet, can anyone that’s already started shed any light on the matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rooruu

Hi guys do we go to the doctour ourselves to get the medical certificate ?
    Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

Tio07 wrote: »
    Didn’t get any more info yet, can anyone that’s already started shed any light on the matter?

You can apply for mileage during training to cover you. It's based on your 'place of work'to the training location. So if you were airport it might be good but as port so close it many not be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Wonder in the Cork port staff (if ever recruited) will be trained locally. Because those expenses are going to add up.

Advertisement