Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Wonder in the Cork port staff (if ever recruited) will be trained locally. Because those expenses are going to add up.

Like anything might change tomorrow but seems only internals getting to go to cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

For those interested in the dept agri, co port inspector roles, this is a good read.

Dublin Port prepares for Brexit aftermath, deal or no-deal

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/dublin-port-prepares-for-brexit-aftermath-deal-or-no-deal-1.3812901?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cb92

Any update on OOM IN Dublin batch 2.1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kiwi5449

Cb92 wrote: »
    Any update on OOM IN Dublin batch 2.1 ?

OOM 44 reached anyway, my sister was called yesterday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 11 syoyo

Kiwi5449 wrote: »
    OOM 44 reached anyway, my sister was called yesterday afternoon

Thanks so much for update, when is she starting training? I'm in the oom80s and just trying to get an idea when I might be called for training

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Kiwi5449

syoyo wrote: »
    Thanks so much for update, when is she starting training? I'm in the oom80s and just trying to get an idea when I might be called for training

She’s starting training March 19th for 5 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DoreenB

Kiwi5449 wrote: »
    She’s starting training March 19th for 5 weeks

That's great. I thought we would have to wait for one training group to end before another starts. I'm 99. So won't be months and months waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Daisy_32

How many groups are in the 2nd batch? Is it just 2 and 2.1 or is there a 2.2 as well?? I am batch 3. Also did everyone get the option of the portal inspectors positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dools22

Daisy_32 wrote: »
    How many groups are in the 2nd batch? Is it just 2 and 2.1 or is there a 2.2 as well?? I am batch 3. Also did everyone get the option of the portal inspectors positions?

I’m not sure how many groups there are per batch but I’m batch 2.1 and I didn’t here anything at all about the portal inspectors position. So I don’t know if their only offering from a certain point up or what way it’s worked.

Daisy_32 wrote: »

There is 2 groups in Batch 2, I'm in 2.2, I got port inspector option two weeks before batch 3 people got the mail, but still haven't heard anything back from them. I think only batch 2.2 and 3 got the copi mail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Just got the results from the tests that I sat last week stage 2, batch 4 OOM in the 20's they really turned that around quick seen as I have been waiting for stage 2 of the EO comp for the guts of 6 weeks...
    Well I best get ready for interview to be sure, Anyone who has interviewed and been successful any tips and info I can look over in regards to the role can PM me if need/want too

Got a call from dept agri about the port inspectors position. Looking for permission for garda checks and references. Fingers crossed it all goes well.
    If I'm offered the position, I'm withdrawn for the revenue tfu campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Was advised by revenue HR that neither the internal or external panel have been called for Cork yet. And no timeframe for when that is likely to change : (

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Daisy_32

fungijay wrote: »
    Got a call from dept agri about the port inspectors position. Looking for permission for garda checks and references. Fingers crossed it all goes well.
    If I'm offered the position, I'm withdrawn for the revenue tfu campaign.

Well done fingers crossed for you

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Was advised by revenue HR that neither the internal or external panel have been called for Cork yet. And no timeframe for when that is likely to change : (

That's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

The salary is very low for these roles

Standard co role with allowances?, same as the immigration job.
    Not always about money. Job security, paid sick leave, interesting work and possibly/hopefully a good team to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dcjc1992

Hi everyone,

I got a mail last Friday saying I had been successful from my stage 3 interview ranked 10oom for Dublin batch 3.

D'ye reckon I have a good chance of getting a job out of this?

Just waiting impatiently for a call or mail back, as I have to give a months notice in my current job which I am absolutely sick of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I wonder if the vote this evening will light a fire under the recruitment process

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Flynnerr

Any updates on oom for Dublin in batch 2?

Hi, I'm oom 80s for customs and heard nothing just wondering if anyone below me in oom since oom 44 was called yet, the thread is gone quiet.

• Advertisement

Hi, I'm oom 80s for customs and heard nothing just wondering if anyone below me in oom since oom 44 was called yet, the thread is gone quiet.

I’m oom 59 and haven’t heard anything yet. I thought someone said on here before that they call for one week then take a break for a week so hopefully next week they’ll start up again!

Dools22 wrote: »
    I’m oom 59 and haven’t heard anything yet. I thought someone said on here before that they call for one week then take a break for a week so hopefully next week they’ll start up again!

Thanks for the reply, I hope so, I'm getting impatient, not organising to do anything for the next few weeks incase I get called for training, holding out for this job!!

Thanks for the reply, I hope so, I'm getting impatient, not organising to do anything for the next few weeks incase I get called for training, holding out for this job!!

Same here. Waiting everyday for a call! Hopefully it’ll come in the next week or so.

Any movement in batch 2.1 for Dublin this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sirius88

Dools22 wrote: »
    Any movement in batch 2.1 for Dublin this week?

I am mid 50's Dublin 2.1 - No word as of yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

anyone see the article about the 400 positions being filled ?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

fergus1001 wrote: »
    anyone see the article about the 400 positions being filled ?

No, where was the article?

No, where was the article?

Nope didn't see any article and there seems to be no movement on panal now, and didn't get offered portal position with dept of ag either I'm batch 2.1

Article in the Irish Times I don't know how to link it to here, all 400positions have been filled, if there is a no deal brexit they will hire another 200!

• Advertisement
Advertisement