Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

Dools22 wrote: »

Thanks for that. no mention of any recruitment in Cork..but there is still hope if we all pray for a no deal :D
    ''The Revenue has said that in the event of a no-deal exit, a further 200 staff would be recruited between April and December 2019, completing the full complement of the 600 additional staff being hired for Brexit.''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Ah well scratch this job off the list I guess, seen as batch 2 is still live and all the positions are filled for now, I'm batch 4 from the last test group a few weeks ago so I'd say no chance getting anywhere in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dools22

Thanks for that. no mention of any recruitment in Cork..but there is still hope if we all pray for a no deal :D
    ''The Revenue has said that in the event of a no-deal exit, a further 200 staff would be recruited between April and December 2019, completing the full complement of the 600 additional staff being hired for Brexit.''

Unfortunately I don’t think the British Parliament are going to allow a no deal to happen. I can’t see them putting themselves in that kind of position.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

'Full complement'...and not a single job offered in Cork ...complete joke

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Damienthorn

syoyo wrote: »
    Article in the Irish Times I don't know how to link it to here, all 400positions have been filled, if there is a no deal brexit they will hire another 200!

Not sure if this is the article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Did anyone hear anything about the clerical officer portal inspector jobs in agriculture?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

Annie K64 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear anything about the clerical officer portal inspector jobs in agriculture?

Agriculture hr contacted me two weeks ago, I was garda vetted last week and given a contract on Tuesday. Starting on April 8,very short notice, luckily I was able to quit my job with such short notice.
    Don't know how many they are taking on but was told they are needed ASAP for training

fungijay wrote: »
    Agriculture hr contacted me two weeks ago, I was garda vetted last week and given a contract on Tuesday. Starting on April 8,very short notice, luckily I was able to quit my job with such short notice.
    Don't know how many they are taking on but was told they are needed ASAP for training

Which region are in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Thanks for that. no mention of any recruitment in Cork..but there is still hope if we all pray for a no deal'

I don't think that's very likely to happen, there is likely to be a long extension to article 50 and a general election

Which region are in?

Dublin port

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Daisy_32

Dublin port

I got a call too. They said they were sending out the contract . How long did it take for you to get the contract ? Was it posted out or emailed?

Daisy_32 wrote: »
    I got a call too. They said they were sending out the contract . How long did it take for you to get the contract ? Was it posted out or emailed?

Did you get called for Dublin?

I got emailed the contract and bank forms so so they could get started, but they also have posted out the originals too..

Are you starting on the 8th too?
    Really lucky that we accepted the expression of interest seems customs have filled all the positions

I got emailed the contract and bank forms so so they could get started, but they also have posted out the originals too..

Are you starting on the 8th too?

Yes I got the call on Wednesday but was so surprised I didnt ask enough questions !!! She said she wanted to ensure I was available for the 8th. However I may call her back as I received no contract yet .

Yes I got the call on Wednesday but was so surprised I didnt ask enough questions !!! She said she wanted to ensure I was available for the 8th. However I may call her back as I received no contract yet .

Yeah ring them, my contact is away until Monday..
    It's just a standard probationary contract.
    I'll keep and eye out for ya in training so 🙂

Yeah ring them, my contact is away until Monday..
    It's just a standard probationary contract.
    I'll keep and eye out for ya in training so ��

Think it may be the same contact as going straight to voice mail. I wonder how many they have called for training ?? She couldnt tell me how long the training was for so will be travelling up and down from Wexford until I know more. Might see you on the 8th so :)

Think it may be the same contact as going straight to voice mail. I wonder how many they have called for training ?? She couldnt tell me how long the training was for so will be travelling up and down from Wexford until I know more. Might see you on the 8th so :)

Hi Daisy, I got the call today for Wexford.They didnt say where training is, i assume it's in Dublin? Like you didn't ask enough questions!

Hi Daisy, I got the call today for Wexford.They didnt say where training is, i assume it's in Dublin? Like you didn't ask enough questions!

Oh nice one . Are you starting training on the 8th April? I am Dublin port but my first choice was Wexford so will commute for a while and see how it goes. Well done ....its a nice call to get after all the waiting but I was so surprised.

Oh nice one . Are you starting training on the 8th April? I am Dublin port but my first choice was Wexford so will commute for a while and see how it goes. Well done ....its a nice call to get after all the waiting but I was so surprised.

I was told training is for one week only in agriculture house, then on site training in the port.

I'll see you both on Monday week so :)

I don't know! They just told me to think about the job offer over the weekend and let them know Monday

• Advertisement

So another no vote on Mays deal in parliament today!! Is there a possibility of a no deal??

Dools22 wrote:
    So another no vote on Mays deal in parliament today!! Is there a possibility of a no deal??

possible if the EU refuses to extend article 50 a lot of "we are prepared for no deal" talk coming out of the EU now

Yeah!! Their definitely trying to make it sound like their going to stand their ground. It’s possibke that the UK are trying to fast track a general election to oust May and then vote in an agreement though.

Dools22 wrote:
    Yeah!! Their definitely trying to make it sound like their going to stand their ground. It’s possibke that the UK are trying to fast track a general election to oust May and then vote in an agreement though.

if may went for a general election right now without doing anything else it would be a default no deal as there would be no government to request an extension and an election would take over a month

• Registered Users Posts: 6 canoncan

Congrats on getting the call,What number were you in batch 3?

I'm next in line on my panel (unrelated to this one) and getting a job offer in the short term is hinged on getting a no deal, never thought I would be cheering for jacob recce mogg!

canoncan wrote: »
    Congrats on getting the call,What number were you in batch 3?

Thanks I was in the 50's in batch 3 .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 billyb1993

Thanks I was in the 50's in batch 3 .

been following this thread, seems to be the only place to get updates ! I was batch 3 20's oom, I said id like to be considered for the portal inspector with the department of agriculture but iv heard nothing back. Does anybody have a number or email address to contact them with ? Any help be much appreciated !

a little bird told me they were offered a job today (trade facilitation) and are around 58-60 oom batch 2.1

assuming this means the additional 200 are being taken on now for no deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 billyb1993

fergus1001 wrote: »
    a little bird told me they were offered a job today (trade facilitation) and are around 58-60 oom batch 2.1

assuming this means the additional 200 are being taken on now for no deal

any idea how many people are in each batch ?

Advertisement