Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Iano1987

I'm in mid 70's batch 2.1 and got a call yesterday with an offer starting May

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Flynnerr

Iano1987 wrote: »

Thanks for the update. Thought we didnt have any movement what date where you starting in may

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

one third of inspectors not hired yet:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/one-third-of-port-vet-inspectors-still-to-be-hired-for-brexit-1.3848412?mode=amp

could someone copy out the article for us non subscribers

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

One third of port vet inspectors still to be hired for Brexit
    Department of Agriculture says it will be ready for food inspections if there is no deal

A third of the State port veterinary inspectors to be recruited for Brexit have still to be hired with just days until the UK is due to leave the EU.

The Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine said that 46 staff are available to take up “portal inspector” duties at Dublin and Rosslare ports, one third short of the targeted 70 new recruits for these roles.

Food safety and agri-food checks - the so-called sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) controls - will be among the most intensive inspections to be carried out at the new EU-UK border in Ireland after Britain’s exit.

EU rules dictate that compulsory physical checks must take place at the country’s Border Inspection Posts on live animals and animal-related food products coming into the State from non-EU “third countries,” including checks on 50 per cent of all poultry, milk, egg and related food products.

The Government has been staffing up veterinary inspectors at the department to check UK food imports coming in from Britain but has yet to reveal how it plans to deal with north-south checks on food coming from Northern Ireland in the event of a no-deal Brexit, repeatedly stressing that it plans no hard border.

The portal inspectors are just part of the overall recruitment drive by the department. It also plans to deploy about 230 staff for Brexit duties, including new recruits, redeployed staff and temporary contractors.

“A further group of new recruits are expected to commence employment shortly and will be assigned to portal duties as they become available,” said a spokeswoman for the department.

‘Extensive training’
    The department had no response to a query on how many of the 230 staff had been deployed.

“A combination of new recruits and redeployed staff are currently undergoing extensive training in preparation for conducting control functions at Dublin and Rosslare ports and documentary checks at our headquarters offices,” said the spokeswoman.

“Staff will be assigned to import control duties as soon as they are required to do so. This will be supplemented with contracted personnel as needs emerge.”

In February, the department issued a tender for a €4 million contract to provide “border inspection post veterinary” services on the import of live animals and animal products after the UK leaves the EU.

The contract left open the possibility that the services of the contractor vets would be required at locations other than the approved border inspection posts or BIPs at Dublin Port, Dublin Airport and Shannon Airport along with Rosslare Port, which is to be approved as the State’s fourth BIP.

The UK is legally due to leave the EU on April 12th with no deal or May 22nd if Westminster can ratify an agreement. Brexit could be delay beyond these dates if the UK parliament fails to sign off on a deal.

A spokesman for Minister for Agriculture Michael Creed said the department was “extremely satisfied” it would be able to cope with a no-deal Brexit by redeploying people and “pulling people from various corners.”

He added: “We will be ready to go on the 13th if required.”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Dumitru Ivanov

fergus1001 wrote: »
    one third of inspectors not hired yet:
    Is it really that difficult to find them or are there better offers out there?

• Advertisement

Is it really that difficult to find them or are there better offers out there?

I think it's a case of sitting on their hands, in my situation I'm next on the list and apparently there are 3 jobs that are to be signed off on by the department of public expenditure

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

Has anyone heard what shifts they are going go be?

For the agri port inspectors, the shifts are 6am-1:30pm and 1:30pm-9pm. If there is a no deal then a night shift will also happen apparently.

has anyone any contacts in these departments that could shed light on what is going on ?

Sent an email about a week ago looking for an update on panel position for tfu and they advised me today "You are no. 15 on the panel" based on this I'd say we are around oom 80-85 today

• Registered Users Posts: 11 syoyo

I'm oom mid 80s heard nothing, would prefer dept of ag job but have heard nothing at all, I've a holiday booked for June so don't know how that will go down with them if they offer me a job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Sirius88

I was in the 50s OOM Dublin 2.1 around 3 weeks ago. As of Friday I am in the early 20's. Here's hoping they're still hiring🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Just got the call for Wexford.

question for the people on this forum who have been offered a job or have started, how long does the garda vetting and other HR stuff take before you are actually taken on, I am on top of a panel and I am trying to work out when I would hand in my notice ect

question for the people on this forum who have been offered a job or have started, how long does the garda vetting and other HR stuff take before you are actually taken on, I am on top of a panel and I am trying to work out when I would hand in my notice ect

Once you've accepted the position you'll then go through the garda vetting process. Once that's complete you'll get a phone call with a start date, usually 2 weeks from the phone call. Then you can hand in your notice.
    Hope that helps.

Annie K64 wrote:
    Once you've accepted the position you'll then go through the garda vetting process. Once that's complete you'll get a phone call with a start date, usually 2 weeks from the phone call. Then you can hand in your notice. Hope that helps.

thanks for the help, I'm literally pulling my hair out I'm next on the panel and no one in the department can give a clear answer whether there are positions coming up or not !

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sirius88

thanks for the help, I'm literally pulling my hair out I'm next on the panel and no one in the department can give a clear answer whether there are positions coming up or not !

Are you 1oom for Dublin 2.1 for trade facilitation Fergus??

Sirius88 wrote:
    Are you 1oom for Dublin 2.1 for trade facilitation Fergus??

sorry I stated a page or so back I'm on a different but related panel not this one, my panel is to niche to justify it's own thread so I'm kinda hijacking this thread to get general info !

Sirius88 wrote: »
    I was in the 50s OOM Dublin 2.1 around 3 weeks ago. As of Friday I am in the early 20's. Here's hoping they're still hiring��

How is ur oom changing in batch 2.1? Or how are u finding out about it changing??? I'm in batch 2.1 and oom unchanged since I was given it after interview

syoyo wrote: »
    How is ur oom changing in batch 2.1? Or how are u finding out about it changing??? I'm in batch 2.1 and oom unchanged since I was given it after interview

Oom doesn't change but number on the panel does everytime they call people you drop down lower eg I'm batch 2.1 in the high 90s for oom but got an email saying I am 15 on the panel. I dont know if this means theres 14 people to be called then me but I think it is. Theres an email for panel information. Private messaged it to you

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

Iano1987 wrote: »

Thats great news, congrats. What location is that for?

• Advertisement

Thats great news, congrats. What location is that for?

I got email yesterday, they have called as far as 80 for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

Received an email yesterday I’m down to the single digits on the panel for TFU.
    Just wondering if anyone knows what date training is commencing in May incase I get called. I heard the notice period is very little and I’ve my final year exams in college coming up. I’d like to have a rough idea to try and arrange things.
    Thanks

Kevin17W wrote: »
    Received an email yesterday I’m down to the single digits on the panel for TFU.
    Just wondering if anyone knows what date training is commencing in May incase I get called. I heard the notice period is very little and I’ve my final year exams in college coming up. I’d like to have a rough idea to try and arrange things.
    Thanks
    7th May

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

TD Michael McGrath recently asked a parliamentary question on the situation in Cork. Reply below:

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/question/2019-03-06/85/?highlight%5B0%5D=revenue#pq-answers-85

So looks like not much is going to happen at any point in Cork.

Anyone here starting training next month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Coybib2017

Annie K64 wrote: »
    Anyone here starting training next month?
    Yup I am

Is there any other date yet after May 7th for training in Dublin. I’m now down to top five. Hoping for the call soon. Just need to know for work.

Kevin17W wrote:
    Is there any other date yet after May 7th for training in Dublin. I’m now down to top five. Hoping for the call soon. Just need to know for work.

I'm in a similar situation on a different panel the waiting is a killer, especially when you have to try keep yourself concentrated on your own job

Clerical Officer (Dublin only) campaign has just gone live on publicjobs for anyone that may be interested. Deadline next week April 30th

• Advertisement

Coybib2017 wrote: »
    Yup I am

Have you gotten details of training yet? I was told I'd be getting an email but nothing so far

Advertisement