Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Coybib2017

Annie K64 wrote: »
    Coybib2017 wrote: »
    Yup I am

Have you gotten details of training yet? I was told I'd be getting an email but nothing so far
    No I haven’t heard anything from them st all about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DoreenB

Another week of waiting on the phone to ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I don't think there are any further plans to call people until there is more concrete news on Brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Damienthorn

Is there a way of checking where you are in the oom . Maybe an email address or a number to call ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

Is there a way of checking where you are in the oom . Maybe an email address or a number to call ?

TFUPanelInformation@revenue.ie
    They occasionally reply but no word the last 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DoreenB

cw67irl wrote: »
    I don't think there are any further plans to call people until there is more concrete news on Brexit

That makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

on my situation (on another panel) apearantly there was a mix up with HR and there is another job sanctioned that hasn't been filled, if this turns out to be true I will be going through clearance, I have a tense day or so waiting to find out if this is true

can't say it to anyone I know in case it turns out not to be true !

so bit of good news for anyone still on the panel Theresa May has stepped down leaving the door open for a no deal prime minister

• Registered Users Posts: 11 syoyo

DoreenB wrote: »
    That makes sense.

It does make sence, by my calculations the current training course finishes end of next week so if we don't get phone calls next week I won't be hopeful of hearing any think before october

• Advertisement

I saw that but the last lot that are currently in training were called after that article and US at the end of batch 2.2 were not offered dept of ag jobs like 2.3 and 3 were so I've not completely lost hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

syoyo wrote: »
    I saw that but the last lot that are currently in training were called after that article and US at the end of batch 2.2 were not offered dept of ag jobs like 2.3 and 3 were so I've not completely lost hope

True....and that hard Brexit might be coming

• Registered Users Posts: 1 runforestrun1

There was an interesting article in Breakingnews.ie on Tuesday 28th May about Cork port and Brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sirius88

As of early April I was down to the 20's for Dublin 2.1. Haven't received any more updates

Sirius88 wrote: »
    As of early April I was down to the 20's for Dublin 2.1. Haven't received any more updates

Sorry I made an error in my post I'm batch 2.1 too not 2.2! I'm number 3 on the list now, the waiting is wrecking my head, want to do a course if I'm not getting called till hard brexit is official which won't be till October!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Damienthorn

Have Just heard from somebody inside TF that a further 200 will be recruited between now and end of Sept.

Have Just heard from somebody inside TF that a further 200 will be recruited between now and end of Sept.

must be the Boris Johnson effect, if they wait too long there is no way to have everyone in place before October and the government will be rightly blamed for this

Has anyone at all from batch 1 got a job in Cork port?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

any word on what locations they will be recruited for?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Flynnerr

Any ideas when they will be starting to call again? Also anyone any idea what happens if you have a holiday booked and get called to start the same week you're away? Got fed up of putting everything on hold for a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Flynnerr

Just got a phone call for dublin will be starting August 12th

Just got a call offering position starting on August 12th.
    Stuck in a position now if I’ll take it or now

Flynnerr wrote: »
    Just got a phone call for dublin will be starting August 12th

Thank Boris Johnson

Im still next in line on my panel, its so frustrating im going on holidays in a few weeks and would love to know whats going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Kevin17W wrote: »
    Just got a call offering position starting on August 12th.
    Stuck in a position now if I’ll take it or now

What batch are you in guys?

cw67irl wrote: »
    What batch are you in guys?

Batch 2.1

Anyone from batch 1 Cork get called?

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Anyone from batch 1 Cork get called?
    havent heard of anyone getting called for Cork. It will be a pity if they have them all filled through internal moves, i would have picked Dublin as my second location had I known they could do it.

Is there anyone still in this forum that’s accepted the position and working away. I’ve just been offered a position and have a few questions. PM me if possible

havent heard of anyone getting called for Cork. It will be a pity if they have them all filled through internal moves, i would have picked Dublin as my second location had I known they could do it.

Yes very disappointing....apparently the new customs hub is Cork is very small with staff of 13 only

• Advertisement

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Yes very disappointing....apparently the new customs hub is Cork is very small with staff of 13 only
    Thats a very small unit alright, not much hope for us so!

Advertisement