Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Just done the test today. It was hard in terms of limited time, but not as bad as I expected...
    At the end they mentioned that results will be out within two weeks and interviews are planned for the week 22-26 of October (if I understood it right)... So those with highest OOMs will be called soon... This campaign is going much faster than previous ones...

At the end of the tests last Friday afternoon, they said the results would not be sent out until November, which conflicts with the above. Can anybody else confirm what they were told around timing?........thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Em mag

greenb wrote: »
    At the end of the tests last Friday afternoon, they said the results would not be sent out until November, which conflicts with the above. Can anybody else confirm what they were told around timing?........thanks

I did the tests on sat and they said at the end the results would be in 2 weeks and that the interview would be around the 26th

Em mag wrote: »
    I did the tests on sat and they said at the end the results would be in 2 weeks and that the interview would be around the 26th

Ok...thanks. Either they changed the plan between Friday and Saturday, or the person who administered the Friday session was just guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lexa15

I also done the test on Friday and we were told the results would be in November.

Ok...thanks. Either they changed the plan between Friday and Saturday, or the person who administered the Friday session was just guessing.[/quote

The Saturday person could have had it wrong hope not as want to be put out of my misery 😂

• Advertisement

Just got a text to log in to my message board but can’t get into site anyone else having problem

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Anastasia_

Em mag wrote: »
    Just got a text to log in to my message board but can’t get into site anyone else having problem

Worked fine for me.. Made it to top 10 in Cork delighted :D Hope everyone else is happy

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Piligrim333

Em mag wrote:

I logged in no prob. The results of stage 2 are out, got new OOM and note that interview invitations (22-26 October) will follow shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Skarlett Black

Logged in grand, new Order Of Merit Results are out. The interviews are being held between the 20th and 26th like they said at the exam I sat on Saturday. Very happy with my results. I wonder how many are being called to the next stage? Good luck to everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

After all her worrying. Sister got top 20 in Cork. Delighted for her. Fastest campaign ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

the candidate portal was down for maintenance from 12:30 to 3 pm today... probably why you couldn't access it.

Absolutely over the moon with my results and got my time and date for interview so more studying to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jojocrow

Thought I'm really messed up on the numeracy part but delighted I got called for the interview stage, mid teens in Rosslare and twentys in Dublin! Time to start preparing for the interview now hopefully they will tell us asap our dates

• Registered Users Posts: 3 l_uuuke

Can anyone confirm that the role is to begin in January? Where was this said? Thanks.

It was mentioned the first batch they take on will start in January in an article in the irish independent(they said 170 people).

Saying that the article in question was one big contradiction.

It started with Ireland is preparing for brexit and the last line was a revenue spokesperson saying these jobs are not dependent on brexit.

gizmo23 wrote: »

It started with Ireland is preparing for brexit and the last line was a revenue spokesperson saying these jobs are not dependent on brexit.

I would take that as meaning the jobs are part of brexit preparations but if brexit doesn't happen those hired will still have a job. There is so much uncertainty around brexit that "preparations" could go on for the forseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 nickidd

Hi, I am top 10 for Cork also and regretting I didn’t take more notice of the information leaflet. Would anyone have downloaded it and be able to post it? I’m wondering if it stated if the positions were permanent, if there is a 25% shift allowance or what kind of hours they are. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 nickidd

Hi, I am top 10 for Cork also and regretting I didn’t take more notice of the information leaflet. Would anyone have downloaded it and be able to post it? I’m wondering if it stated if the positions were permanent, if there is a 25% shift allowance or what kind of hours they are. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Considering how quickly they are going to start interviews wouldn't be surprised if the actual jobs started quite soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Ok...thanks. Either they changed the plan between Friday and Saturday, or the person who administered the Friday session was just guessing.

No the exams we had on Friday were also attended by revenue staff for an internal Revenue EO competition, their reaults are due in November, I reckon the lady supervising the exam just forgot to mention that to everyone in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

Does anybody know what the salary is for this position?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Grumpycat

Does anybody know if the OOM actually 'means' anything.

For instance, I was placed in the top 20 OOM and invited to an interview; I've received my date and time. Does this OOM put me at a disadvantage against those in the top 10 OOM at the interview stage or is each interview as valid as the next. In other words, does somebody with an OOM of 2 have the same chance as somebody with an OOM of 20 at the interview stage?

Gorman700 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the salary is for this position?

It was in the booklet/reference information when making the application. The salary is on a pay-grade scale and ties in with that of the standard Clerical Officer pay-grade.

Grumpycat wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the OOM actually 'means' anything.

For instance, I was placed in the top 20 OOM and invited to an interview; I've received my date and time. Does this OOM put me at a disadvantage against those in the top 10 OOM at the interview stage or is each interview as valid as the next. In other words, does somebody with an OOM of 2 have the same chance as somebody with an OOM of 20 at the interview stage?

Order of merit is basically where you are in position for the job. For example if you 3rd you are before the 4th person and so on.. from previous campaigns interviews are pass/fail and don't count towards order of merit

gizmo23 wrote: »
    Order of merit is basically where you are in position for the job. For example if you 3rd you are before the 4th person and so on.. from previous campaigns interviews are pass/fail and don't count towards order of merit

But if you were 30th at Stage 2 and invited for an interview (stage 3) and another person who was 2nd at Stage 2 OOM is also invited to the interview - do you have an equal chance against them or not?

But if you were 30th at Stage 2 and invited for an interview (stage 3) and another person who was 2nd at Stage 2 OOM is also invited to the interview - do you have an equal chance against them or not?

If you both pass the interview and there are only 15 jobs the person at 2 on order of merit gets offered it before anyone bar the person ranked 1st.

Basically it all depends on how many jobs are going in each area.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

nickidd wrote: »

See link below.

The shift allowance depends on your roster pattern. 24/7 = 25% or 16/7 = 16%.

The information booklet suggests that roles in Dublin would be 24/7 but that outside Dublin would be 16/7. (which personally I don't think is a bad thing, I never liked doing night shifts)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

It was in the booklet/reference information when making the application. The salary is on a pay-grade scale and ties in with that of the standard Clerical Officer pay-grade.

Suggests it's €23027 PA plus shift allowance @ 16%/25%.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

My sister did 6 months as tco with revenue in the past and also worked with the central statistics office....if she got the job...wud she go up an increment in two on the payscale?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Skarlett Black

Vologda69 -She should get her yearly increment alright for her time served, she'll just have to apply for it through PeoplePoint after she has her year down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Vologda69 wrote: »
    My sister did 6 months as tco with revenue in the past and also worked with the central statistics office....if she got the job...wud she go up an increment in two on the payscale?

She would have to apply for credit but basically as mentioned above,she needs 12 months service, if she did

6+3= she go to point 2 after 3 months
    6+6= she would start on point 2

Advertisement