Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Way to Get From City Centre to UCD

Options
  • 02-09-2018 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Two questions!

1) I'm starting a part time masters in UCD and I'll be traveling up from Clare once a week. I'm wondering what's the fastest/easiest way to get from the city centre out to UCD? I'm not sure if I'll be heading up by train or my Dublin coach, or possibly a mix just yet.

2) My orientation also seems to only be an hour long, is this normal for a masters? I'm debating whether it's worth heading up for such a short space of time.
    I don't want to miss anything but we have just been told it's an introduction so I can imagine we'll get shown around campus in that time. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

If coming from the train you can get the 145 from Heuston all the way to UCD. There are quite a few buses that go from the city centre too - the 145 and 46a both go every 10 minutes or so at peak times, there is also the 39a and other routes

In terms of orientation, it is not usually a tour of campus but rather information about choosing modules, the structure of the programme, who to contact with any problems, you might get a copy of the School handbook with assignment requirements etc. Really depends on the course / programme tbh. but probably a good idea to make it if you can as you will get to meet your class and get to know a few people, and can wander round campus and check out the facilities and get your bearings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

If coming from the train you can get the 145 from Heuston all the way to UCD. There are quite a few buses that go from the city centre too - the 145 and 46a both go every 10 minutes or so at peak times, there is also the 39a and other routes

In terms of orientation, it is not usually a tour of campus but rather information about choosing modules, the structure of the programme, who to contact with any problems, you might get a copy of the School handbook with assignment requirements etc. Really depends on the course / programme tbh. but probably a good idea to make it if you can as you will get to meet your class and get to know a few people, and can wander round campus and check out the facilities and get your bearings.

Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Use the orientation time to get to know a few of your classmates and the lay of the land, like where your subject materials are in the library . Much easier to do when you are not in the middle of college work.

Advertisement