Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin "Let's Watch the Race together" group

• 02-09-2018 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi all,

So, I can count on one hand the amount of people in my friend circle that have an interest in motorsport. I work in the music field and it's not the kind of place conducive to finding people wanting to talk about and watch the weekend's motorsport action. I follow F1, WRC and BTCC and, particularly with regard to touring cars, have been super excited about the racing this season. And, even though F1 and WRC hasn't been absolutely nail-biting all season, the championship battles are hotting up coming into the closing stages of both championships.

Would any Dublin-based boarders be interested in having a weekly meet-up, rotating the houses between where we can watch the race and talk about it together? I enjoy watching the races regardless but having people to spar off is always so much better, particularly when there is championship stakes at play.

Or maybe there already is a group?

P

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I like this idea but instead of somebodies house could we arrange something in a pub with some large screens?
    I am thinking the Woolshed or something like that.

Pub for US GP could be doable. Apparently was great fun a few years ago when Button won in Canada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭christy c

I'm not from Dublin but if meeting up I'd go for one race

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭52paddy

I'd defo be on for a pub meet but it's just a matter of seeing which one would show the race. Woodshed might be alright if it doesn't clash with football. There's also smaller places like McNeill's and Annesly House that might not mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

TCP/IP wrote: »
    I like this idea but instead of somebodies house could we arrange something in a pub with some large screens?
    I am thinking the Woolshed or something like that.

They tend to have the F1 on in a screen in the corner with no sound if there is anything else on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭flazio

They tend to have the F1 on in a screen in the corner with no sound if there is anything else on

Well if it's Sky Sports, that's probably a blessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭Inviere

You sure that’s not just the current engines?

:p

Advertisement