Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Messages on Irish flags

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Hazys wrote: »
    Why is AH becoming Ireland’s Brietbart?

Nobody in Ireland gives a fcuk about over the top fake patriotism and symbol worship that dominates far right America.

I don’t need a flag or feel the need to suck the troops dicks to prove I’m Irish. I’m Irish because I’m Irish. Burn the flag for all I care, not getting offended about a bit of material burning, doesn’t change how Irish I am or my level of proudness to be Irish (whatever proudness of nationality means).

Are you proud?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Taytoland wrote: »
    Doesn't represent me whatsoever. Insulting posters a valid argument does not make.

If you think uttering the term 'awful flag' on its own is a valid argument then that's an insult to valid arguments.
    I was talking about the flag in the picture. You know what the thread is actually about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Not keen on people writing stupid things on the flag or fannying around with a flag draped around them or wearing it as a sort of superhero cape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Such nonsence about a poxy flag. Up there with taking a knee during an anthem. People turn silly over a few colurs. There's no Irish flag God in the sky who's going to rain down a plague upon all our houses because a piece of fabric touched the ground.

Leave the fanatical worshipping of flags, symbols and fairy God's to those idiots up in the 6 counties. It gives them a reason to live.

Equating the people in the OP with the “take the knee” brigade in the US is ignorant nonsense. I really hope you’re trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Equating the people in the OP with the “take the knee” brigade in the US is ignorant nonsense. I really hope you’re trolling.

If I've offended you in anyway I couldn't care less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

They put songs on flags now?
    Jaysus, isn't technology fantastic.

Advertisement