Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Welcoming President Trump to Ireland thread

• 02-09-2018 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

How will the Government roll out the red carpet for the President of the United States? Hopefully they will top their last welcome for Donald Trump

It will be great to see a warm welcome extended as is tradition when U.S. presidents visit Ireland.

It will also be hilarious to see the lefties heads explode with rage when they see Trump enjoying his time here.

Might head down to Doonbeg to see the man himself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

I won't be celebrating him arriving as I'll go about my life as usual but to hear politicians saying we should boycott the US president coming here is hilariouss. Like him or not and he is a repugnant individual, he's the US president in office so he'll be schmoozed like the rest have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

JFK was a whoremaster and we still speak about him like it was the second coming (if you'll forgive the pun).

I dont get it.

If people dont like the Donald why would anyone bother their arse turning up to see him. Its not like any sh1tty little protest is going to solve anything.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'll be going about my life as I did when Barack, Liz, Charlie and Frank et al visited.

I've seen events on facebook encouraging people to show up and 'show support' for a foreign politician. I thought they were pathetic. Must have nothing better to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Personally, I plan on celebrating the occasion by ignoring it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Will Ryan Tubridy write a book about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I’ll see all the gobsh*tes welcoming him on the news... along with all the gobsh*tes protesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I think I'll drink a six pack on the day of his arrival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The best welcome would be a quiet one - no one anywhere near him. Esp women obviously unless they are wearing a chastity belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

You've posted on the other thread, why did you create another? Don't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement