Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does lawn grass thicken outwards as well as growing upwards?

Options
  • 02-09-2018 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭

I recently had to reseed some of my lawn.

It's the rougher part of the garden furthest from the hiuse, and I think the grass in it was more field than lawn if you know what I mean.

I bought lawn seed and spread it. It's now well grown, but quite thin compared to the existing grass. It was put on fairly thick, I didn't scrimp on it.

Wondering now if, over time, that the grass with grow to fill the space better i.e. will it thicken outwards over the years?

Or should I get more seed and throw more down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes, it will thicken, and mowing will help that. If there is even growth it will probably be ok, if there are any noticeable bald patches a bit more seed might be good, but I wouldn't be in too much of a rush, there hasn't been great growing conditions this year, give it time.

Advertisement