Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare costs

Options
  • 03-09-2018 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Would anybody know how much I should expect to pay for a 20-month-old child to be minded in the minder's own home for 10 hours per day for 3 days per week? And for the same hours for 4 days?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Depemds where you are.If you're in Dublin, anything from 40-60 eur per day would be the norm (probably closer to 60, closer to the city).If you are outside Dublin it may be closer to 40eur a day.I wouldn't expect it to matter whether it's 3 or 4 days, price will probably remain the same.You will most likely have to supply nappies, wipes, spare clothes, and depending on the childminder you may have to supply food.(if not that may be built into a higher cost)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Watergirl4

I am outside of Dublin and for those hours about 40 euros per day. Creche I used would have charged 170 euros for 5 day week/155 for 4 day week and 120 for 3 day week, all food included.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

€4 an hour ??? Really.
    I would think at a very minimum of €6 an hour which would be €60 a day

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Watergirl4

John Mason wrote: »
    €4 an hour ??? Really.
    I would think at a very minimum of €6 an hour which would be €60 a day

My minder has 3 children to mind so she earns 12 euros per hour in her own home.....

Employing a Nanny in your own home would require you to pay minimum wage at least and be their employer but they would not be free to mind other children there too.

Advertisement