Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B'Twin Elops 500 - Thoughts?

Options
  • 03-09-2018 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a cheap bicycle for day-to-day cycling to, from and around a fairly flat town.

I've found the B'Twin Elops 500, by Decathlon for €200 (https://www.decathlon.ie/elops-500-high-frame-city-bike-en-s168449.html)

Would anyone have any advice or thoughts on whether this would be a good purchase, and if not any other recommendations around the same price.

I'm not interested in speed or looks. I want a simple, cheap, reliable bicycle for getting from place to place. I don't want drop handlebars and I want something I can comfortably ride in an upright position. Having a carrier (like the bicycle above) is also necessary.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

My wife has a 2017 version. She loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

godtabh wrote: »
    My wife has a 2017 version. She loves it.

Have there been any issues with the bicycle out of the ordinary or anything to look out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Reviews in decathlon are pretty reliable. You should have a read of them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

danm14 wrote: »
    Have there been any issues with the bicycle out of the ordinary or anything to look out for?

Other falling off the bike rack and staging it a 1km along the N4 and wrecking the rear wheel no!

Advertisement