Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monasterevin commute

Options
  • 03-09-2018 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I’d love to hear from anyone that is commuting from Monasterevin to Dublin (Citywest/Tallaght) area by car. We are thinking of moving down to Monasterevin & trying to figure out if the commute is doable or if we would get sick of it fairly quickly! Would also like to hear people’s opinions on whether the widening of M7 is going to make much of a difference? Thanks in advance 😊

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Really depends on how much you like driving. Its a fairly straight run and once the M7 upgrade is finished, the traffic issue will really be from Rathcoole/ Blackchurch to citywest.

The upgrade will alleviate the substantial congestion around Naas & Newbridge sections and will also alleviate the evening time congestion, but won't alleviate the morning congestion closer to Dublin - but you'd be facing that even if you lived in Kill.

I'd also keep an eye on developments in Kildare town - not a huge price difference to Monasterevin, but quite a difference in lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

For my 2cents worth, its really the facilities and amenities that would put me off Monesterevin rather than the distance. Like CF said, the smarter money might be on Kildare town. Newbridge is 5 mins on the Motorway for stuff like the whitewater. Kildare town have a really good Tesco, Aldi, etc. Kildare Village, Couple of nice pubs and places to eat

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭gilly1910

No offence to anyone from Monasterevin, but it's like a town that time forgot. I lived there for one year, and I hated it, nothing to do in the town, and a four hour round trip to Dublin every day, and sometimes even longer. I'm now living in Dublin, and yeah my rent is a lot more than what I was paying in Monasterevin, but I cycle to work in 15 mins, and I'm a lot less stressed, not to mention endless things to do. If you're going to live anywhere in Kildare, go for Naas, Newbridge or even Kildare Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 COH1975

Thanks for all your input, we actually decided that it would be too far to commute, we are going to move to Naas fingers crossed all going well ��

Advertisement