Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ozzy Osbourne with Judas Priest - 3Arena - 30/01/2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Requested a refund from TM, no hassle getting one. Will wait to see when (if) its rescheduled for. Hopefully Priest are on the bill anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Requested a refund from TM, no hassle getting one. Will wait to see when (if) its rescheduled for. Hopefully Priest are on the bill anyway.

Why do people think Priest won't be on the bill? They have already said they will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Why do people think Priest won't be on the bill? They have already said they will be

A lot can happen between now and September. Venues may not be available to match the original schedule. Some dates may have to be dropped totally. I don't know how busy the Point will be around that time, but it may not be practical to come here if the venues in Nottingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham and London also aren't available.

Ticketmaster did say the new date would be announced within 48 hours. That has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ozzy jr wrote: »
    A lot can happen between now and September. Venues may not be available to match the original schedule. Some dates may have to be dropped totally. I don't know how busy the Point will be around that time, but it may not be practical to come here if the venues in Nottingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham and London also aren't available.

Ticketmaster did say the new date would be announced within 48 hours. That has happened.

Mcd said the 48 hour thing on Monday and still nothing

Could be later in the year when the new dates will be announced when logistics and venues are sorted

A lot can happen between now and autumn. God forbid someone could be dead by then it has sadly happend before (Dio in 2010)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

How do you go about getting the refund

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Judas Priest put tbc dates in their events on fb, Dublin listed for September 13th a Friday. Seems too good to be true :)

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    How do you go about getting the refund

Go onto the TM site and find the customer service tab at the bottom of the page. There are a couple of click Throughs and you send an email to them. They got back to me within 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

ozzy jr wrote: »

They did say that but to be fair, that was when only 4 dates were cancelled. Obviously that would have been far easier logistically to arrange then the whole tour which was cancelled after that initial statement.

Both parties seem very keen to make sure these dates get re-arranged so I'd imagine they're trying to hash it out at the moment to suit everyone's schedule. Hopefully they can make it work!

If it is as stated on priests FB page (sept13th) I won't be able to make it

Looking likely to be Sept 13th according to Facebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Looking likely to be Sept 13th according to Facebook

would you be able to post a link to the relevant facebook page? I cant seem to find it on my phone, thanks.

It's coming up in my events calendar. Because I said I was interested in/attending the original date it's automatically added the date as Sept 13th to my calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

would you be able to post a link to the relevant facebook page? I cant seem to find it on my phone, thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1869507819794310/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

grimm2005 wrote: »

Hope he recovers fully

He should really think of calling it day now. He doesn't need the money and his legacy is there

It could be a while before we find out the new date if the tour ever happens

Ozzy has been admitted to intensive care apparently.

https://www.nova.ie/ozzy-rushed-intensive-care-fears-pneumonia-122677/

He needs to knock touring on the head. What ever about the occasional festival appearance but a man of 70, with the amount he put his body through over the last 50 years, shouldn't be doing a multi date world tour. Glad I got to see him with Sabbath when I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

He needs to knock touring on the head. What ever about the occasional festival appearance but a man of 70, with the amount he put his body through over the last 50 years, shouldn't be doing a multi date world tour. Glad I got to see him with Sabbath when I did.

I never understand older acts taking on intensive tours in the middle of the winter.
    He was scheduled for 11 consecutive gigs ,a day on a day off .
    Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

They ARE getting their information from The S*n though......

Not sure to get a refund or not

I plan on going too the new date if there is one

I saw ozzy with Sabbath 2 years ago and would be happy with that experience if he was too call it a day. Hopefully it's not a RIP case for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Not sure to get a refund or not

I plan on going too the new date if there is one

I saw ozzy with Sabbath 2 years ago and would be happy with that experience if he was too call it a day. Hopefully it's not a RIP case for him

Unless you're hard up for the cash I see no reason to claim a refund just yet. hopefully he pulls through, but I'd have to imagine that he'll call a day on touring completely at this stage. We'll always be able to get a refund if that does come to pass.

He's cancelled the shows in Oz, NZ and Japan too.

Zardoz wrote: »
    I never understand older acts taking on intensive tours in the middle of the winter.
    He was scheduled for 11 consecutive gigs ,a day on a day off .
    Ridiculous

Aye, was watching that Jack & Ozzy show awhile back also and couldn't believe that they had him camping in the fcuking winter.

Even if it was just a short while for the cameras they had him out doing it (and then he stayed in a local 5 star) it's still needless.

The show schedule seems too much for sure but I do see him completing it after five or six months rest, hopefully with the gigs better arranged so he's not doing three or four shows a bloody week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just sent an email there for a refund. I'll rebuy if he's touring again soon but I rate the chances very low he'll make it back to us. Im just pissed over Judas priest I had very little interest in seen Ozzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Judas Priest have just announced the European leg is being rescheduled in 2020.

Time to get that refund so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Rescheduled date confirmed 2/2/2020

poundhound wrote: »
    Rescheduled date confirmed 2/2/2020

Yeah saw that but no mention of Priest been on the bill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah saw that but no mention of Priest been on the bill

They said they would play, so I don't see why they would be removed?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The event page has been deleted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I wonder if that's Superbowl night? Will defo take the Monday off now :D

Advertisement