Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

fafy wrote: »
    Some options are still available for Pink Moon.

Speaking of which, for those taking early entry, and arriving on Thursday, in Pink Moon, whats actually open, as in food, coffee etc if any ?

If you are paying for pink moon which secures your camping spot I can’t understand why anyone would go a day earlier to leave themselves wrecked for when the festival is actually on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

showpony1 wrote: »
    If you are paying for pink moon which secures your camping spot I can’t understand why anyone would go a day earlier to leave themselves wrecked for when the festival is actually on?

Youth might be on their side!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

showpony1 wrote:

Pink moon is no place for youth! Our crew stayed the Thursday night in a hotel in Port laois, loads there doing the same thing. Got a decent shower in the Friday morning and headed in nice and fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

endainoz wrote: »
    Pink moon is no place for youth! Our crew stayed the Thursday night in a hotel in Port laois, loads there doing the same thing. Got a decent shower in the Friday morning and headed in nice and fresh.

Love the camping experience, Thursday night is a different night to the other 3, have always gone in on Thursday, always had good crack, first time in Pink Moon though. I can go to a hotel anytime. All part of my overall EP experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

fafy wrote:
    Love the camping experience, Thursday night is a different night to the other 3, have always gone in on Thursday, always had good crack, first time in Pink Moon though. I can go to a hotel anytime. All part of my overall EP experience.

To each their own I spose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

fafy wrote: »

Honestly cannot recommend heading in on the Thursday enough. In 2017 there was pretty much nothing on except the carnival in Hendrix, and a few food places open. Think there was comedy on somewhere too. Last year, there were DJs in Salty Dog, all female comedy line up, carnival in Hendrix and loads of food places open.

Best craic ever. Great for getting a decent set up going if camping in general, never been in Pink Moon though apart from sneaking in with mates in 2016 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

endainoz wrote: »
    Pink moon is well worth it, anyone I know who bought it once, ended up buying it every year after, myself included.

Would never go back to slumming it in the normal campsites :p don't how I ever done it to be honest, once I got n experience of Pink Moon that was it, even taking it a step further this year and have a podpad with all the extras ( pillows, blankets etc.) will make all the difference for me, if I dont get a decent sleep I am normally f**ked for the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Would never go back to slumming it in the normal campsites :p don't how I ever done it to be honest, once I got n experience of Pink Moon that was it, even taking it a step further this year and have a podpad with all the extras ( pillows, blankets etc.) will make all the difference for me, if I dont get a decent sleep I am normally f**ked for the next day

The last few years at picnic and B&S we've been in eco camping, in our own tent with an airbed, duvet and pillows, suits us down to the ground and the price is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

The last few years at picnic and B&S we've been in eco camping, in our own tent with an airbed, duvet and pillows, suits us down to the ground and the price is right.

stayed in eco last year too (with all the mod cons), only thing is the bloody rave is thumping through the ground, can't sleep til it's over

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

We don't drive down so can't really carry all of that stuff with us, eco is great, we did stay there a few years ago but I just prefer to have everything set up for me when I arrive, less stuff to carry and I obviously need my comfort. I heard bad things about the noise of the rave last year also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

163 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

My partner can't make it past 1am or so, she didn't seem too fussed by the rave noise last year at least. We were very demonstrably right next to it but it genuinely wasn't an issue for us but I sleep with headphones in so I wouldn't be the best barometer either way.

Snarky Snark Snark

for sleepy times, wax or silicon earplugs are the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

anyone "feeling" Billie Eilish
    I thinks she's really interesting and diverse
    from her gorgeous older "lana-esque" breathy ballads to the newer
    edgier stuff, interesting character for such a young artist too,
    she seems to have loads of demons for someone so young, hope she doesnt implode.
    I assume she'll be main stage? although having seen some live stuff and seen her obsessed fans, i wouldnt be surprised if i dont get anywhere the stage, they'll be camping out hours in advance! cheers

Snarky Snark Snark

Is there a spotify playlist for this year yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Is there a spotify playlist for this year yet?

Here's a playlist we made if you want. It's a little bit biased, but all the artists should be on it. https://open.spotify.com/user/1163377189/playlist/7fmJmzS8b5uOEcYmjRUqWN?si=MfVV3CXeTNe-VwfYMXlyNw

There's also the official EP one on their social media.

she seems to have loads of demons for someone so young, hope she doesnt implode.
    I assume she'll be main stage? although having seen some live stuff and seen her obsessed fans, i wouldnt be surprised if i dont get anywhere the stage, they'll be camping out hours in advance! cheers

For a 17 year old she’s got a mature enough sound but wouldn’t say she’s mass appeal enough for main stage. I’d say electric arena probably, either way it’ll be jammed like it was for Sigrid last year! bury a friend is addictive, had it on repeat for days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

My 15 year old screamed at me when I told her Billie eilish was playing saying she was brilliant. But me on alert for rubbish straight away but having listened to her as part of my give everyone a go research have to say a lot better than other drivel she's listens too. Unless there is a gap in my schedule, which is highly unlikely, still won't go to her but if happened upon her would stop and listen. See old dogs and new tricks not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Always aware of strokes music but never delved too deep. On listens so far a few albums will be added to collection and will defo go to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

My partner can't make it past 1am or so, she didn't seem too fussed by the rave noise last year at least. We were very demonstrably right next to it but it genuinely wasn't an issue for us but I sleep with headphones in so I wouldn't be the best barometer either way.

Was in ECO too but at the opposite end to the rave in the woods, had ear plugs and didn't hear a thing! Its amazing with so many sources how short some sounds travel! Its like a tug of war!

Early entry is a great idea, Glastonbury opens on Tuesday but the main acts start on Friday! I guess it eases traffic congestion, giving punters Tue, Wed, Thur and early Friday to make their way in! No extra cost But its x6 nights in a tent, horrific!
    Had considered it at EP but not disciplined enough :) I'll end up going full gas Thursday night! ****ed by Sat! But Id consider though if b&s was accessible! In fact that would be sweet!! A real chance to explore before things kick off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Always aware of strokes music but never delved too deep. On listens so far a few albums will be added to collection and will defo go to see them.

I reckon they're one of the best bookings we've ever had. They phoned in a lot of shows in the late noughties but they were stunning the last time I saw them in Hyde Park in 2015. And what about that excellent support slot for the Cure at Oxegen 2004? They're my utterly unmissable act of EP 2019.

The thread is getting a little saggy. How about we spark it up by mentioning the acts we consider over-rated and have been happy to avoid over the past fifteen years. I'm not talking about the over-earnest soulless bedwetter stuff we've regularly slated here. I mean acts that some posters here rate highly but you don't. And be not fearful of offending other posters but just get it off your chest. It's all just good old subjective fun.

Never having had the following take up headline slots has been a huge relief to me - Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Kings of Leon, Queens of the Stone Age, Thirty Seconds to Mars. I would welcome all genres at EP, including metal which would give the fest a bit of a shake-up. But I consider the above to be bland rock that wouldn't have got a look in three decades prior. Feel free to roast my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I reckon they're one of the best bookings we've ever had. They phoned in a lot of shows in the late noughties but they were stunning the last time I saw them in Hyde Park in 2015. And what about that excellent support slot for the Cure at Oxegen 2004? They're my utterly unmissable act of EP 2019.

That's as good as I've ever heard them live, also with them touring so much this year they should hopefully be in great form by EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Caught them also at Oxegen also, Casablancas was drunk and screwed up a reference to Irish women, which got boos, but they gave a great performance, and have been a fan since their outstanding debut album, and got them all, so will be checking them out.

For those who have not delved deeply, all their stuff is fairly good, but first two albums, are exceptional: This is It & Room On Fire

Snarky Snark Snark

The thread is getting a little saggy. How about we spark it up by mentioning the acts we consider over-rated and have been happy to avoid over the past fifteen years....

Never having had the following take up headline slots has been a huge relief to me - Foo Fighters

I fookin love FF and have my ticket for them the week before EP, honestly not too sure which I'm more excited about cos I've never seen them before. :D

But that aside in terms of the question, frankly pretty much every major dance act that's ever graced the stage "live", i get it that it's probably amazeballs if you're tanked out of your gourd or settling into a nice geosynchronous orbit initiated via chemical rocket but jesus, they're just so ****ing dull outside of the light shows. Think the best decision I ever made was to go catch super furry animals over Chemical Bros a few years ago (and I've bought CB albums in the past).

Second best decision was skipping out of FloJo and her two stroke to go to Tame Impala, hoping there's someone similarly fantastic on at the same time to her again this year (ideally..... Tame ****ing Impala).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

For a 17 year old she’s got a mature enough sound but wouldn’t say she’s mass appeal enough for main stage. I’d say electric arena probably, either way it’ll be jammed like it was for Sigrid last year! bury a friend is addictive, had it on repeat for days

Certainly not the "be all and end all" but for example she has three times the amount of Insta followers of ALL the four headliners put together! And 220million youtube views in a few years, the strokes have 15m in about 20yrs, I'd say that's mass appeal enough! I'd say she'll be main stage and it'll be as busy as anything on for the whole weekend if not busier!

I fookin love FF and have my ticket for them the week before EP, honestly not too sure which I'm more excited about cos I've never seen them before. :D

But that aside in terms of the question, frankly pretty much every major dance act that's ever graced the stage "live", i get it that it's probably amazeballs if you're tanked out of your gourd or settling into a nice geosynchronous orbit initiated via chemical rocket but jesus, they're just so ****ing dull outside of the light shows. Think the best decision I ever made was to go catch super furry animals over Chemical Bros a few years ago (and I've bought CB albums in the past).

Second best decision was skipping out of FloJo and her two stroke to go to Tame Impala, hoping there's someone similarly fantastic on at the same time to her again this year (ideally..... Tame ****ing Impala).

Generally agree with that bar the odd exception. Maybe it was just the comedown from The Cure's epic set in 2012 but Orbital afterwards were stunning. Otherwise most of the dance sets blur into each other.

Certainly not the "be all and end all" but for example she has three times the amount of Insta followers of ALL the four headliners put together! And 220million youtube views in a few years, the strokes have 15m in about 20yrs, I'd say that's mass appeal enough! I'd say she'll be main stage and it'll be as busy as anything on for the whole weekend if not busier!

Very true, thanks for the stats! Can’t see her fading into nothing any time soon. Like you said her die hard fans get crazy at her shows so could be a good one to see on the main stage and hang back a bit with a cold pint in the sun 🙌ðŸ»

Aside from Billie I’ve been listening to Hozier’s new album just to see what the Billboard hype is about. At the risk of getting roasted by everyone I’d say I really can’t wait to see him. Watched him do a few songs in the subway in NY the other week, crowd pleaser to bits despite being slightly awkward. Fav song off the album is Movement.

Snarky Snark Snark

Certainly not the "be all and end all" but for example she has three times the amount of Insta followers of ALL the four headliners put together!

Insta?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

When do they release the day lineup? I want to try and get a day ticket for the strokes.

Advertisement