Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It won’t happen. That said, James Blunt played EP before so technically anything is possible I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

True, but Mr. Blunt seems like a nice chap, had a beautiful little tribute to Keith Flint and has an utterly savage twitter feed so he can be allowed (as long as his mic and amp do not work).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

True, but Mr. Blunt seems like a nice chap, had a beautiful little tribute to Keith Flint and has an utterly savage twitter feed so he can be allowed (as long as his mic and amp do not work).

The guy is legend tbf. He’s brilliant on Twitter, and that tribute to KF was pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Watching 'Bunch of Kunst' doc about Sleaford Mods. Really sorry I missed 'em last year.

Snarky Snark Snark

They were great, Jason Williamson had this grin on his face after each track as though he'd done something slightly naughty and gotten away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

They were great, Jason Williamson had this grin on his face after each track as though he'd done something slightly naughty and gotten away with it.

That is a perfect description of him that night. He is really interesting to watch on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Watching 'Bunch of Kunst' doc about Sleaford Mods. Really sorry I missed 'em last year.

Excellent, wasn't it? His pre-gig butterflies are pretty intense. They also did an Irish mini-tour in Feb before the new album came out, including Academy in Dublin & Roisin in Galway. Mental stuff in such a small venue. Reckon they'll be back in Summer /Autumn. Though possibly not for the new kid-friendly fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Stillill42 wrote: »

Love the title!!

Little green cars are no longer

Snarky Snark Snark

Shame that, first album was a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Haven't seen this posted anywhere but this is the new two day festival Mother and MCD are organising in Kilmainham two weeks before EP. Was thinking Robyn might have played this especially after Nialler9 said a few weeks back that Robyn might be doing her own show in Kilmainham but no acts there that we have missed out on really.

https://twitter.com/Nialler9/status/1110122947950321671

Haven't seen this posted anywhere but this is the new two day festival Mother and MCD are organising in Kilmainham two weeks before EP. Was thinking Robyn might have played this especially after Nialler9 said a few weeks back that Robyn might be doing her own show in Kilmainham but no acts there that we have missed out on really.

https://twitter.com/Nialler9/status/1110122947950321671

That is very much not my cup of tea. Although Soulé was great a couple of years ago in Body and Soul by all accounts.

Snarky Snark Snark

Lily Allen and Kelis would both be reasonable additions and we've had both in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

[ur]

If Robyn plays in Kilmainham, I reckon it'll be in early June, either as part of Forbidden Fruit or a standalone gig there using the same stages like others have done in the last few years. she's playing in Barcelona on the June BH weekend, and nothing after that until the end of June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Didn't Nick Cave play Kilmainham the week after Forbidden Fruit last year? He was also a Primavera headliner so would make sense if Robyn did the same. You'd expect an announcement quite soon though. Not long to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I know she's straight but is she a lgptqexyv icon so she might appear in kilminham?

Lily Allen and Kelis would both be reasonable additions and we've had both in the past.

Kelis superb in Rankins Wood last time. She was still promoting the excellent Food album she did with the TV on the Radio guys.
    Otherwise nothing else of interest from that fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dohertg5

Hi guys, I've created a website that lists average setlists of the artists playing at EP. I got the info from Setlist.fm and created them in Spotify. There are some artists that I couldn't add because their setlists aren't up on setlist.fm. It may be handy for anyone who wants to discover new music before EP or to brush up on the music your must-sees are currently playing. If anyone finds any flaws with the site, feel free to let me know. You can find it here:

Upsetlist

dohertg5 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I've created a website that lists average setlists of the artists playing at EP. I got the info from Setlist.fm and created them in Spotify. There are some artists that I couldn't add because their setlists aren't up on setlist.fm. It may be handy for anyone who wants to discover new music before EP or to brush up on the music your must-sees are currently playing. If anyone finds any flaws with the site, feel free to let me know. You can find it here:

Upsetlist
    This looks great. Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Upsetlist

It’s top class, very professional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Upsetlist

Thanks for putting the time and effort into this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Upsetlist

Fair play that looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Upsetlist

Excellent, thanks for that it's very professional, will be handy over the coming months! Mods you should consider putting a permanent link to post #3090 (the one above) in the original post in this thread...

It's great but not sure if it's just me or how to fix it, once you click into Spotify from then on you can preview the songs in your browser it just bouces you back to Spotify each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

top class

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dohertg5

It's great but not sure if it's just me or how to fix it, once you click into Spotify from then on you can preview the songs in your browser it just bouces you back to Spotify each time.

Yea Spotify's implementation isn't ideal but there's not much I can do about that unfortunately. Thanks everyone for the nice words.

Yea Spotify's implementation isn't ideal but there's not much I can do about that unfortunately. Thanks everyone for the nice words.

It's a thing of nothing...it's good work...get ep to pay for a few banners now and your quids in.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Upsetlist

Top class that pal

Upsetlist

Fab. When us boardsies eventually start running our own fest you'll be the playlist guy.

• Advertisement

Upsetlist

^^^^Why I love this thread!!

Advertisement