Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just saw that Ranking Roger just died, was happy to have caught the Beat at Body&Soul 2017 as I missed them at the Picnic, RIP Ranking Roger.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/26/the-beat-singer-ranking-roger-dies-aged-56?fbclid=IwAR3dC4uHd5MPyyetdJbOjykMnjK7GMm-gHY3XlMgPTpQ1B541DrPOaF43LY

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Just saw that Ranking Roger just died, was happy to have caught the Beat at Body&Soul 2017 as I missed them at the Picnic, RIP Ranking Roger.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/26/the-beat-singer-ranking-roger-dies-aged-56?fbclid=IwAR3dC4uHd5MPyyetdJbOjykMnjK7GMm-gHY3XlMgPTpQ1B541DrPOaF43LY

That was sad to hear last night. Loved the band, always great live and Roger the healthiest looking fifty something I've seen on stage so a great surprise. RIP man. If there's a heaven for musicians you're in good company up there.

Haha Woodstock will be 50 years old this August, not a bad lineup there either, some of the old 1969 old school acts are still knocking around.

FB_IMG_1553036399157.thumb.jpg.0a88eca3dc638bcf63a88fb761cfcd2a.jpg

French festival on from the 14th - 17th August, it seems to have a mix of acts already playing ATN so can deduct other acts unless announced for ATN next week might crop up in the EP second announcement.

FB_IMG_1553855282261.thumb.jpg.b4937a0510b26c9221f1e3b247bf0a1b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Off the top of my head...

Beirut playing Dublin the week before EP.
    Jon Hopkins, Hot Chip, Fontaines, Black Midi all playing ATN.
    Stereolab play Dublin on June 25, Idles are in the Iveagh Gardens this summer too.

Tame Impala, Metronomy, David August, Pond, and Deerhunter might be good shouts though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Off the top of my head...

Beirut playing Dublin the week before EP.
    Jon Hopkins, Hot Chip, Fontaines, Black Midi all playing ATN.
    Stereolab play Dublin on June 25, Idles are in the Iveagh Gardens this summer too.

Tame Impala, Metronomy, David August, Pond, and Deerhunter might be good shouts though.

Metronomy already announced for EP IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Metronomy already announced for EP IIRC.

Missed that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

2nd EOTR announcement on Tuesday so would imagine there will be a few from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Dermwex

Hi everyone,
    This would be my 4th year in a row but unfortunately wasn’t able to secure a ticket for myself. If I was lucky enough to pick one up on DoneDeal or Facebook, is there anything I can do to make sure it’s legit? Could I ring Ticketmaster to check the code or something? Any advice would be very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I’d be surprised if they gave you the time of day. The only way you will know is when you get to the gate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Dermwex wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    This would be my 4th year in a row but unfortunately wasn’t able to secure a ticket for myself. If I was lucky enough to pick one up on DoneDeal or Facebook, is there anything I can do to make sure it’s legit? Could I ring Ticketmaster to check the code or something? Any advice would be very much appreciated

There's a good post about it on the toutless website:

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26835

I suppose it's the same as anything else in this world, check their online feedback, look at the ticket to make sure the security features are right, ask the person selling a few questions e.g. why they aren't going, arrange to meet them in their work (if customer facing) or house, etc. As for their ID, check that it matches the names on the tickets is a good one too, although people don't always buy the tickets themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’d be surprised if they gave you the time of day. The only way you will know is when you get to the gate.

That’s what I was thinking. Don’t know if my anxiety could handle the worry of it😂

There's a good post about it on the toutless website:

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26835

I suppose it's the same as anything else in this world, check their online feedback, look at the ticket to make sure the security features are right, ask the person selling a few questions e.g. why they aren't going, arrange to meet them in their work (if customer facing) or house, etc. As for their ID, check that it matches the names on the tickets is a good one too, although people don't always buy the tickets themselves.

Thanks for all that. If I was brave enough to buy, it’d have to be a hard copy anyway. Too dodgy with the printed page. Hopefully I get lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Thanks for all that. If I was brave enough to buy, it’d have to be a hard copy anyway. Too dodgy with the printed page. Hopefully I get lucky

There are only hard copy tickets for EP (AFAIK) if anyone tries to sell you a printed page it’s a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

If buying on Facebook, make sure to add the person as a friend to be able to see their full page. I've found that a lot of people selling tickets on Facebook who are looking to scam people have only recently set up a profile and have unusual names. Obviously only go for in-person cash exchange and avoid anyone who asks for PayPal payment or bank transfer. Ticketmaster only issue hard copy tickets for EP so anyone who's selling a printed page isn't legit. Apparently Ticketmaster have issued tickets this year on a different type or feel of paper than usual which makes it even more difficult to see if it's legit. As far as I can see, early bird tickets were issued on the usual type of ticket paper, and standard €250 tickets were on the new paper type, but I could be wrong, as I haven't seen any standard price tickets yet. Best of luck getting a ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Early bird loyalty here, was on A4 paper also.

Just buy through toutless. imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Weird, early bird loyalty (paid for on the day of the initial ticket release), got mine on the standard tickets, was expecting the new A4 but got the old style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Hi everyone,

Even if its a hard copy ticket there's no guarantee on validity. Where tickets are undelivered/lost in post, TM will cancel the first set and issue replacements, the first set will look like vaild tickets. I think if you called TM on a quiet day they may tell you if cancelled or not.

If you're worried that someone has duplicated barcodes, the best method would be to get to the gate scanners first, before the other versions, I.e. early entry on Thursday.
    This isn't going to give 100% piece of mind, but if it works it will deepen your weekends excitement! like a 'Will she' 'won't she' basic instinct moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Is it just me or is anyone else surprised that there is no news on tickets or artists for kaleidoscope festival given it is on at end June. Not like promoters to not lock away funds asap.

• Advertisement

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is anyone else surprised that there is no news on tickets or artists for kaleidoscope festival given it is on at end June. Not like promoters to not lock away funds asap.

Unless they've got something extra special to announce, I know Longitude delayed their announcement one year till quite late, but what was announced almost sold out immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Unless they've got something extra special to announce, I know Longitude delayed their announcement one year till quite late, but what was announced almost sold out immediately.

Slipknot

All the references to clowns. Gotta be.

Slipknot

All the references to clowns. Gotta be.

Or Chemical Brothers. :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fatfrog wrote: »
    If you're worried that someone has duplicated barcodes, the best method would be to get to the gate scanners first, before the other versions, I.e. early entry on Thursday.
    This isn't going to give 100% piece of mind, but if it works it will deepen your weekends excitement! like a 'Will she' 'won't she' basic instinct moment :)
    That would only work for tickets that you print yourself at home because a scammer would have the option to print loads.

The original printed hard copy tickets are cancelled if the buyer requests new ones so the originals won’t scan.

The best way to get tickets is on toutless. I’ve bought and sold tickets loads of times no hassle. Just use common sense.

Love the new tame impala

https://youtu.be/rUmV-MorIKc

Aw Bombay bicycle club announced for all together now. Would have loved them for ep

And John Grant, he’s playing here more than chic at this rate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Rfrip wrote: »
    Aw Bombay bicycle club announced for all together now. Would have loved them for ep

And John Grant, he’s playing here more than chic at this rate!!

Gutted they got BBC, great festival band,
    fond memories of them at EP (twice)

Gutted they got BBC, great festival band,
    fond memories of them at EP (twice)

That gorgeous Sunday sunny afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Rfrip wrote: »
    That gorgeous Sunday sunny afternoon

indeed, flaked out on the grass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭everlast75