Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Anyone (Festival workers or crew) travelling from Galway city on Tuesday 18th June to Ballinlough (Body&Soul) in the morning or afternoon, will chip in for fuel costs and snacks. ;)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

yeah she's superb,
    did you see St Vincent & David Byrne in 2013,
    one of the highlights of my 7yrs at EP

That was easily one of the most wonderful sets I’ve ever seen, saw Mr Byrne last year and although his sets are choreographed to hell and back they are works of sheer joy in music.

That was easily one of the most wonderful sets I’ve ever seen, saw Mr Byrne last year and although his sets are choreographed to hell and back they are works of sheer joy in music.

Was at that too, an amazing gig followed later by the Knife. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’m liking Georgia......she’s a poor mans roybn I feel

https://youtu.be/A4Y9V07wry4

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Any chance more official tickets will go on sale at any stage? Even through 3Plus or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Just mustard much better live than on Spotify

Ride burned it up his evening at malahide. If not there get to workmans well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Ride burned it up his evening at malahide. If not there get to workmans well worth it

Great at both. Though Workmans set far too short. The Cure astonishing. As ever. Should have had them at EP this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Loved Ride in the Workmans but felt a tiny bit cheated at how short it was

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Great at both. Though Workmans set far too short. The Cure astonishing. As ever. Should have had them at EP this year.

You never made it to both??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Stillill42 wrote: »

There were loads of people at the Ride Workmans gig who had come from The Cure

They came onstage circa 12.45. I'd guess most of the crowd had come from Malahide.

Now with some of these big events out of the way maybe we might get a decent announcement soon for this actual event. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

This year will only be our third EP so I wasn't there in 2013. Like a previous poster was saying, we only started going to EP recently when we were old enough to have more sense. We should have been doing this 20 years ago.

I think the late announcement last year has broken this group so little talk of when announcements will be. No matter who they announce the cure last night will be my gig of the year. Hope they come back again sometime.

I think the late announcement last year has broken this group so little talk of when announcements will be. No matter who they announce the cure last night will be my gig of the year. Hope they come back again sometime.

Very true.....they were trying times....but it all worked out in the end!!

Snarky Snark Snark

We must be getting close to the time when smaller acts start to self announce.

Ya surely there’s a few djs with their schedule up at this stage. Dj koze was announced last year I’m sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Definitely. It feels like some of the excitement has been taken out of it this year as we were left waiting so long for a second announcement last year. That and for me, there aren't as many acts I like touring this year, so I really have zero expectations for the next announcement.

Agree The Cure were amazing. Would have been a fantastic booking for EP. I have Fleetwood Mac on Thursday and then New Order next month to challenge them for gig of the year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

I know that just because an artist is playing a few festivals in Europe doesn't mean they're guaranteed to appear at EP, but if we're talking big chart names, I'd chance a guess at Disclosure, Kylie Minogue, Lewis Capaldi, Stormzy and Sigrid all hitting the bill.

When the next announcement is due is the real question!

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

When the next announcement is due is the real question!

Octobuary the twelteenth.

Snarky Snark Snark

Loved Ride in the Workmans but felt a tiny bit cheated at how short it was

Double entendre heaven right there.

Double entendre heaven right there.

Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Agree The Cure were amazing. Would have been a fantastic booking for EP. I have Fleetwood Mac on Thursday and then New Order next month to challenge them for gig of the year :pac:

Have New Order as well, week after Glastonbury. That'll be an interesting stand. Didn't The Cure play EP within the last few years though? Maybe too soon to book them again (or the weekend's gig ruled them out).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

rubick wrote: »
    Have New Order as well, week after Glastonbury. That'll be an interesting stand. Didn't The Cure play EP within the last few years though? Maybe too soon to book them again (or the weekend's gig ruled them out).

2012 is a long time ago. A long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

2012 is a long time ago. A long time.

Honestly thought it was later than that, good god the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Amazing announcement on EP insta just now :P

Snarky Snark Snark

Fookin tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Amazing announcement on EP insta just now :P
    Fookin tesco

To be fair, every little helps...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

everlast75 wrote:
    To be fair, every little helps...

I really hate the banter ****e they come out with. Corporate crap!

Advertisement