Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

endainoz wrote: »
    I really hate the banter ****e they come out with. Corporate crap!

True. But being able to buy crisps at 4am in the morning at supermarket prices when sensible people are busying worrying about the rising cost of health insurance is a truly spiritual moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Amazing announcement on EP insta just now :P

Don't they usually just share the status from Tesco rather than a cut and paste into EP's account! It's a whole new level of whore....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Double entendre heaven right there.

That made me laugh out loud scruff. Badly needed after the ireland match

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Raekwondo wrote: »
    Any chance more official tickets will go on sale at any stage? Even through 3Plus or anything?

Holding out for it myself (3Plus), entitled to an upgrade this month so gonna quiz within as it were, I think sometime in July previously they've gone on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Amazing announcement on EP insta just now :P

Couldn't even get into the place last year, the que was unreal. The only reason we wandered into Calcutta was to check out the Tesco!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hey look EP I'm waving my hands in the air. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Couldn't even get into the place last year, the que was unreal. The only reason we wandered into Calcutta was to check out the Tesco!

Had no reason to look for it but a mate went over around 11 am on the Saturday and brought back loads of ice creams for us.. a hero among men

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Wasn't a big fan of Tesco last year there was hour long queue Saturday (the tills stopped working?) in boiling heat, when usually its a 5 min trip into Londis to sort out ice for the day, first time was stuck with warm cans in years at festival!

Maybe we should burn the festival site to the ground and when EP ask us why we'll just say you were too slow in making that second announcement, sorry. :):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Maybe we should burn the festival site to the ground and when EP ask us why we'll just say you were too slow in making that second announcement, sorry. :):D:D:D

Anyone offer odds on first day of ATN again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Anyone offer odds on first day of ATN again?

Likely but I really hope not, leaves bugger all time to investigate acts and figure out who's worth seeing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

No need to apologise, thats a perfectly reasoned reponse in the circumstances!

"No Apex twin and announcement makes BD go crazy!" :;

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

go?

go?

Yes!! Because the day that we get an announcement and it's Apex twin I think we shall see a new definition of "go crazy" :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

BODHRAN%20DUDE_zpsbx3lvvdj.jpg~original

posted this on the Coachella thread ages ago, no one saw it though :(
    BD is talking matters in his own hands at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

There's a Coachella thread?

Do These Charming Men get much of a mention in the desert?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

BODHRAN%20DUDE_zpsbx3lvvdj.jpg~original

No Radiohead or Daft Punk?

Not going :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Scubakeith

Whenyoung pretty much self announced on their Instagram in May (1 Sept To Be announced IE).
    Good Irish band if ye haven't seen them yet. Played two sets at Picnic last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Scubakeith wrote: »
    Whenyoung pretty much self announced on their Instagram in May (1 Sept To Be announced IE).
    Good Irish band if ye haven't seen them yet. Played two sets at Picnic last year.

Great stuff. Missed both of their sets last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Great stuff. Missed both of their sets last year.

Yeah, they were great last year. Second set was on one of the smaller stages in body and soul (Earthship?) and they were brilliant. Other Voices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Scubakeith

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Yeah, they were great last year. Second set was on one of the smaller stages in body and soul (Earthship?) and they were brilliant. Other Voices too.

Yeah, that's right. New album out too, well worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Scubakeith wrote: »

Saw both which says how much I enjoyed the first one in other voices. New album is worth a listen some great songs on it.

I'm quite surprised why Bad Manners or Selector have never played EP, good fun feelgood acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I'm quite surprised why Bad Manners or Selector have never played EP, good fun feelgood acts.

And of course The Specials. Happy to see any of them. Or what about a fun Boy Three reunion for the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

TRENCHTOWN announcement:
    The line up so far with much more yet to be announced…

DYNAMITE MC x BAZZA RANKS

SIM SIMMA SOUNDSYSTEM x MC BREEZY

CIAN FINN | NATTY WAILER | DJ WAX (RTE 2FM)

STEVIE G x HOT SAUCE DANCE CREW

OUTSIDER YP | THE CLANDESTINOS | RUCKUS FX | BEVIN RIMSON

YANKARI | JIGZZSAW | ADRIAN LENZ | KELTIC POSSE | LAVOSTI

THE SKATUESQUES | THE REBEL SOULS | REWIND | LEX WOO

THE LIGHT RUNNERS | BOSS SOUND MANIFESTO | YVES SOLO

MC LITTLE TREE | SKA PATROL | JAMEIRE | DJ MOG Y | JON PIERCE

INIKE | BERRACAH KISIA | JASON ROOTICAL | ROOTSMAN WURZEL

OI OI SOUND | BAZ HICKEY | DREADZILLA | SELECTIVE SOUNDS

DJ KALI | SIBH C | DJ WALLY | THE ELECTRIC CARAVAN | DJ BLAZEHITTA

DJ PHIL ONE | DJ BLACK MC | 3 LITTLE BIRDS | DJ SLICK NORMAL

WILL SOFTLY | DJ NIGEL WOODS | ONE WORLD SOUNDS | MISS SCOTTY

DR. REGGAE RICHIE | LADY MICHELLE | TREASURE BEACH COLLECTIVE

DJ DODGY | DJ DEFENSIVE MIX UP

Also in the presser...
    Elsewhere in the tropical arena all the sights, sounds and tastes of the Caribbean await to be explored. Reggae, ska, dancehall, jungle, afrobeat and hip hop lay the soundtrack to Trenchtown’s multiple stages. By day come chill in Trenchtown, kick back on the beach (yes, beach in the woods!) take part in one of the dance or drum workshops and dine on traditional Jerk chicken, Rice n Peas but by night get ready to whine ya body as Trenchtown throws some of the best late night parties, a cultural melting pot jammed with music, dance, and nottin but Irie vibes!

TRENCHTOWN announcement:

Also in the presser...

Almost as identical as last years lineup, still its a small announcement and better than a kick in the teeth I suppose. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

***Scanning for jungle***

I'm actually quite pleased with the Dynamite MC x Bazza Ranks announcement as I'm not particularly bothered about any of the Main Stage headliners this year so far! Depending on lower tier set times I can see me hitting that of an evening for a bit of the oul hoods-up-heads-down. Maybe they'll be on at around the same time as the Ragga Twins were on the Friday a few years back.

Great to see EP regular DJ Kali back in Trenchtown after a couple of year's break too.

***EDIT***
    Of course, Aphex Twin will be added in a later announcement so I'll probably miss Dynamite MC & Bazza Ranks.

#OnMessage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Almost as identical as last years lineup, still its a small announcement and better than a kick in the teeth I suppose. :)

Cut and paste that lineup every year really.
    Still won’t see any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Poorside wrote: »
    Cut and paste that lineup every year really.
    Still won’t see any of them.

Its an in-joke right? They could have Jimmy Page in there and no one would notice.

Advertisement