Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Harsh stillill42 with so many gigs on anything to keep the cost down.

He was being gently sarcastic Mucker. It's near compulsory on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    He was being gently sarcastic Mucker. It's near compulsory on this thread.

I know. Was only messing myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

With plenty of festivals lined up to see him through to the end of summer, including Electric Picnic, where he will take to the main stage before Hozier;

From the Independent article abut Dermot Kennedy, a little snippet of scheduling news.
    https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/dermot-kennedy-the-incredible-rise-of-irelands-hottest-new-star-38202660.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Kepler21 wrote: »
    From the Independent article abut Dermot Kennedy, a little snippet of scheduling news.
    https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/dermot-kennedy-the-incredible-rise-of-irelands-hottest-new-star-38202660.html

That'll draw a fairly massive crowd I'd say. Both hugely popular.

Fair play to them - not my cup of tea but they're very successful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone know when the latest batch of line up announcements will be made? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Anyone know when the latest batch of line up announcements will be made? Thanks in advance.

You're new here eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

You're new here eh?
    I am. My apologies if this has been asked several hundred times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

I am. My apologies if this has been asked several hundred times.

The Prodigy weren't announced until 3rd Aug last year, so it's hard to tell if we'll have to wait as long this year for an announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah prior to last year you could generally expect the second main announcement around end of May, with the third announcement around early August. Last year they rolled both announcements into one and announced it the start of August.

There are announcements for other areas too, guessing roughly when they will be:
    Casa Bacardi - early July
    Body & Soul - mid July
    Jerry Fish - early August
    Trailer Park - mid August
    Salty Dog - early August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

TRAILER PARK AT ELECTRIC PICNIC

INTERSKALACTIC - JYELLOWL - KHARTOUM - COOKS BUT WE'RE CHEFS - LOOSEYSMOKES - TPM - SPINSTER DJS - CHRIS BARRYS BOYS - DUBLIN GOSPEL CHOIR - PANIK ATTAKS - SHOGUNZ OF SKANK - GALWAY STREET CLUB - TELEPHONES - LUNA BOYS - CC BREZ - OJO - HENRY EARNEST - MONTAUK HOTEL - ROADHOUSE DOORS - UNDERSCORE ORKESTRA - THE PEARLY WHITES - STRANGE ATTRACTOR - HARVEST: A TRIBUTE TO NEIL YOUNG - BOOTLEG BEACH BOYS - CODE OF BEHAVIOUR BRASS BAND

Also seems to include the usual stuff - My Lovely Ranch, Hothouse, Apres Ski, etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

The Aprés ski was quite the find last year! I really love that whole area. So so much fun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

Bootleg beach boys sound interesting, if they are half as good as the bootleg Beatles, we will be in for a treat.

Also seems to include the usual stuff - My Lovely Ranch, Hothouse, Apres Ski, etc

Harvest, Montauk Hotel, Galway Street Club and some other goodies in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Interskalactic (actually missed them for the first festival in years last time) and Montauk Hotel both decent shouts.
    Montauk Hotel were on the Thursday night Salty Dog last year too, was impressed by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah you can't go wrong at Trailer Park. They always judge it just right. Some of my happiest EP moments there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Galway Street Club and the Roadhouse Doors are always worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Not happy to see Roadhouse Doors moving from the Friday afternoon Salty Dog slot. They go well with cold cans. I don’t like change like this.

Spreece wrote: »
    Not happy to see Roadhouse Doors moving from the Friday afternoon Salty Dog slot. They go well with cold cans. I don’t like change like this.

I fear it's the beginning of the Salty Dog revolution. Who knows where it will take us.

Snarky Snark Snark

maybe they'll do double duty?

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I fear it's the beginning of the Salty Dog revolution. Who knows where it will take us.

A mutiny?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

can we keelhaul the twonk from the 1975 with the hair?

Let's make teenagers walk the plank inbetween Smiths songs during the These Charming Men. The crowd would go crazy for it.

Let's make teenagers walk the plank inbetween Smiths songs during the These Charming Men. The crowd would go crazy for it.

I thought they'd been granted an amnesty after good behaviour last year? But I'm all for persecuting a couple of random ones with say, Coronas or Gavin James paraphernalia.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭charlietully

Electric picnic. The festival were the line up is so commercial the punters go mad for cover bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Yaaar!

Electric picnic. The festival were the line up is so commercial the punters go mad for cover bands.

Jaysus. Not this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think if were going to have this discussion we need the poster to define what he means by "commercial" in this context :pac:

Early cover bands are a great way to lubricate the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Area expanded, other voices gone, now play the picnic gone. It's going to be a different place this year hopefully not in a bad way.
    Nothing wrong with a good cover band at the right time at a festival.

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    I think if were going to have this discussion we need the poster to define what he means by "commercial" in this context :pac:

He means whatever he doesn't like. Or anything others may derive pleasure from.

Advertisement