Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

How did I forget the epic Beastie Boys sets.

I am pretty sure we have had the PE conversation before and we have agreed to disagree on that one.

KRS-One would be excellent.

Rings a bell. Gave up lecturing people on what they should like a couple of decades ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

How did I forget the epic Beastie Boys sets.

My first ever gig was Beastie Boys in the RDS (94?) supported by Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. Epic! I don't count a Hothouse flowers New years Eve bash in the Point!

sweetie wrote: »
    My first ever gig was Beastie Boys in the RDS (94?) supported by Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. Epic! I don't count a Hothouse flowers New years Eve bash in the Point!

Had almost forgotten about them. Caught them supporting Solomon Burke in 2002/2003 and then playing alongside him. A shame we missed the chance to have them at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Nice,
    i was at that, also saw them in the tivoli earlier that year, cool gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Watching Isle of Wight and I see there’s a Hacienda classical doing the rounds, wonder if that will take the Jenny green spot by any chance? Bez and Peter Hook have shown up at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Poorside wrote: »
    Watching Isle of Wight and I see there’s a Hacienda classical doing the rounds, wonder if that will take the Jenny green spot by any chance? Bez and Peter Hook have shown up at it.

BBC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Fatfrog wrote: »
    BBC?

Sky arts, on again tomorrow but it was a bit crap, 2 songs from each act at most.

Sky arts, on again tomorrow but it was a bit crap, 2 songs from each act at most.

Poor coverage. And the presenters worse. It ain't kids TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I fear it's the beginning of the Salty Dog revolution. Who knows where it will take us.
    maybe they'll do double duty?

Do they not usually play both trailer park and salty dog? Pretty sure i've seen them at both spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/generator-woods

Anachronica 2019
    Who is behind the workings of Anachronica? The mystery continues of who is running Anachronica with its huge pistons that generate the power in this secret and forgotten building. Various sightings have been reported over the years, but still no one knows what it is they are actually doing and why. This year they seem to have built a new look-out tower to guard their secret even further. However crowds will continue to flock there, not just for the possibility of getting a glimpse of these hidden people but to listen to the sound it generates from 10pm to 4am every night.

What fuels this mysterious machine and even its purpose is yet unknown. Known only to the secret society that operates it. But what is clear is that, whatever its purpose, it seems to have a hypnotic effect on the people of the 21st century, drawing them in from afar to dance to the power.

Headlining Friday night is Techno & Cans resident Tommy Holohan, who has been rocking crowds with his ravey influenced Techno sets, also on the line-up is Shampain, Endrift and Sputnick One.

Saturday night will see Manchester’s finest Willow aka Sophie Wilson headline, kicking off proceedings is Helen O’Dea followed by EMA and Bríen.

Closing out the weekend on Sunday night is NTS’s longest running DJ Moxie with Cait, Jio and Dundon completing the line-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

I see oul Bez got the P45 from Glastonbury this year, no Bez's Acid House in Shangri'La. Heard he was last seen getting the once over from Security in 2017 the madman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

It's amazing the detail you can remember from that first gig including the support acts and price, where as now there are other headline acts I barely remember going to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

Fatfrog wrote:
    It's amazing the detail you can remember from that first gig including the support acts and price, where as now there are other headline acts I barely remember going to!!

Nickelback, point Depot 2003, support was De-fault.

endainoz wrote: »
    Nickelback, point Depot 2003, support was De-fault.

Ahem, Moderator alert. Potential ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

We all have to start somewhere. My first was a a Chris de Burgh gig. There. I've said it.

We all have to start somewhere. My first was a a Chris de Burgh gig. There. I've said it.

Ha ha. This is glorious.

Mine was The Chieftans at the 1977 World Scout Jamboree in Waterford.

First gig proper was U2 at Phoenix Park in '83. Substantial support from Simple Minds, Steel Pulse, Big Country & The Eurythmics. I guess a deprived childhood sans Don't Pay The Ferryman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Mine was the first u2 gig in slane...Coldplay and red hot chillis support. I was 17 at the time and that was the start of it!!!

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Ha ha. This is glorious.

Mine was The Chieftans at the 1977 World Scout Jamboree in Waterford.

First gig proper was U2 at Phoenix Park in '83. Substantial support from Simple Minds, Steel Pulse, Big Country & The Eurythmics. I guess a deprived childhood sans Don't Pay The Ferryman.

Away with your first gig proper nonsense. They all count. Sweetie was at it on the last page, trying to pretend the Hothouse flowers didn't count. If I'm counting Chris, there's no Mulligans for anyone else. Necker or no necker.
    Were you wearing a little cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I was brought to a chris de burgh show when I was 12 or so.

I don't count it, i didn't choose it.

Away with your first gig proper nonsense. They all count. Sweetie was at it on the last page, trying to pretend the Hothouse flowers didn't count. If I'm counting Chris, there's no Mulligans for anyone else. Necker or no necker.
    Were you wearing a little cap?

Was indeed. And the rest of the paraphernalia. I've had finer moments.

But were you forcibly marched with a scout troop to watch a band? If so I'll excuse you the Argentine.

• Advertisement

I was brought to a chris de burgh show when I was 12 or so.

I don't count it, i didn't choose it.

Ah hey lads, this thread is running away from us.

At 12 we knew how to mitch from school. Surely escaping CDB was an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Red Hot Chili Peppers in Phoenix Park in 2004.

We got there in time to see Groove Armada and the Pixies. The Thrills and the Hothouse Flowers were also on the bill. We definitely missed Hothouse Flowers but, tbh, I have zero recollection of whether we saw the Thrills or not.

I can remember Pixies in vivid detail and that the Chilis were absolute ****e.

Other than that, all that is stuck in my head is the enormous crowd which, a bit of Googling tells me, was 110,000; a record crowd for an Irish concert. Mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Ahem, Moderator alert. Potential ban?

Ah well, only defense I have is that I was a stupid teenager at the time. I loved every second of it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Nice,
    i was at that, also saw them in the tivoli earlier that year, cool gigs

Jealous. Saw them at EP in 08? But would’ve loved to have seen em at the mid 90s peak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Robbie Williams in early 99 with the divine comedy as support in the Point. Remember it well. I was 12 and my sister brought me and she was pregnant but hadn’t told me yet :D

I think (and I could be very wrong) that he filmed some of the video for Strong at that concert.

I loved it and already loved the Divine Comedy as well. Neil Hannon was at one of my Xmas parties a few years back and of course I had to drunkly tell him he was the first band I saw live. He was lovely!

kg703 wrote: »
    Robbie Williams in early 99 with the divine comedy as support in the Point. Remember it well. I was 12 and my sister brought me and she was pregnant but hadn’t told me yet :D

I think (and I could be very wrong) that he filmed some of the video for Strong at that concert.

I loved it and already loved the Divine Comedy as well. Neil Hannon was at one of my Xmas parties a few years back and of course I had to drunkly tell him he was the first band I saw live. He was lovely![/QUOTE]

That sounds like the plot for 'Our mutual friend', Kg. Tell me you were the inspiration!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Red Hot Chili Peppers in Phoenix Park in 2004.

We got there in time to see Groove Armada and the Pixies. The Thrills and the Hothouse Flowers were also on the bill. We definitely missed Hothouse Flowers but, tbh, I have zero recollection of whether we saw the Thrills or not.

I can remember Pixies in vivid detail and that the Chilis were absolute ****e.

Other than that, all that is stuck in my head is the enormous crowd which, a bit of Googling tells me, was 110,000; a record crowd for an Irish concert. Mad stuff.

I was at that too. My mate and I brought our younger siblings to their first outdoor gig: such a buzz for the youngsters that even the 40 minute queues for beer and the woeful soundsystem didn't detract from their day out!

First gig; No Doubt in the Point in '97. Cans of Olde English cider in my mates back garden beforehand, never again. Still made it to school the next day. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

First gig was Stereophonics in the Point in 05 with The Dead 60's as support

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SimqlySketch

After getting myself the day early tickets to save myself from the crush coming off the bus in the morning. I'm wondering what's the best means of transport for the Thursday? Seems like there's no buses according to the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Ah hey lads, this thread is running away from us.

At 12 we knew how to mitch from school. Surely escaping CDB was an option.

I... I never mitched from school and I don't regret it.

Advertisement