Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

kg703 wrote: »

That sounds like the plot for 'Our mutual friend', Kg. Tell me you were the inspiration![/quote]

Hehe not a chance, I worked with Cathy D :)[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it! I'm very fond of Cathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

She’s genuinely one of the loveliest people I have ever met!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Sam Fender has pulled out of Glastonbury due to illness. What a pity for a young lad.

Serious talent, hopefully will be recovered in time for EP.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Spreece wrote: »
    Sam Fender has pulled out of Glastonbury due to illness. What a pity for a young lad.

Serious talent, hopefully will be recovered in time for EP.

Snow Patrol also pulled out on Monday ,They have cancelled all European dates

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Camroc20

Is there an unusual number of scalpers selling tickets for 350+ a piece this year? Maybe we have been more organised in the past and didn't have to go hunting for tickets before but I have come across 20+ people looking for 350+ for a ticket before I eventually found one lovely Galway lady who sold to me for face value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Camroc20 wrote: »
    Is there an unusual number of scalpers selling tickets for 350+ a piece this year? Maybe we have been more organised in the past..

Cannot say I am surprised, it sold out earlier than ever but I'd reckon you'll still see plenty at near to face in the final run up to it on toutless and other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Tame Impala :cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Tame Impala :cool::cool::cool:

He said he'd be back soon, according to someone on the Tame Impala thread! Possibility of EP?

Snarky Snark Snark

He said he'd be back soon, according to someone on the Tame Impala thread! Possibility of EP?

Dear sweet baby jeebus, please let him and his team of merry festival goblins clash with flo jo and her two stroke again.

make the sun shine on all of us and let it happen, let it happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Last night gig is up there with chic at the electric arena a few years ago for me
    Usually not a 3 arena fan but last night was incredible. Maybe it’s because I love every single song by them but it was brilliant last night. I was surrounded by total sounders too, think everyone there last night were total fans, no one had their phones out recording or chatting....he said he would be back alright, if he’s at ep I couldn’t care less if they announced a three day residency for picture this tbh!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

No , Hopefully they dont play EP because i wont be there ha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Aphex Twin has announced two gigs in the middle of September now in London and Manchester so there might be a chance yet of an Irish gig announced too, it will just be my luck he announces a standalone in Dublin on the weekend of the Picnic, hopefully for the Picnic though. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Aphex Twin has announced two gigs in the middle of September now in London and Manchester so there might be a chance yet of an Irish gig announced too, it will just be my luck he announces a standalone in Dublin on the weekend of the Picnic, hopefully for the Picnic though. :)

Surely you two guys have got a telepathic connection at this stage BD? At the very least his ears are feverishly buzzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Is it time to start stocking up on cans yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Poorside wrote: »
    Is it time to start stocking up on cans yet?

A rhetorical question, Poorside. The answer to this is always yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

Stillill42 wrote:
    A rhetorical question, Poorside. The answer to this is always yes.

With this weather the can needs are quite high!

endainoz wrote: »
    With this weather the can needs are quite high!

Exactly, I started gathering cans a few weeks back, none left now.
    Hopefully Dunnes will do the 2 slabs for €50 again before the summer is out.

Snarky Snark Snark

slabs....

christ i'm a weakling when it comes to this, i'll be bringing at most 12 cans with me, 6 cider (cos they freeze ok and act as ice cubes) and 6 beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

slabs....

christ i'm a weakling when it comes to this, i'll be bringing at most 12 cans with me, 6 cider (cos they freeze ok and act as ice cubes) and 6 beers.

You can freeze cans of bulmers! 😖
    Why am I only finding this out now?
    Does anyone realise how many ziplock bags of water I have frozen to keep me lager and cider cold?

Bruce2008 wrote: »
    You can freeze cans of bulmers! 😖
    Why am I only finding this out now?
    Does anyone realise how many ziplock bags of water I have frozen to keep me lager and cider cold?

They’re not great after freezing, dead as fèck.

Freeze bottles of water, keep the cans cold and you have cold water for morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

He did and ep was my first thought (hope). They were fantastic last night really on point crowd up for it and a fantastic light show. Place was packed and while a few back and forth to the bar mostly really into it.

Mucker46 wrote: »
    He did and ep was my first thought (hope). They were fantastic last night really on point crowd up for it and a fantastic light show. Place was packed and while a few back and forth to the bar mostly really into it.

His set is on BBC 4 tomorrow from 10, I’ll be a few ciders in for it.

Snarky Snark Snark

They do freeze a lot better than beer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Poorside wrote:

Surely that's a waste of premium can space though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mucker46 wrote: »

I had an absolute eargasm.. performance was just effortless guy's were seriously tight! add in confetti canons "frickin lazers" and A1 crowd it was just amazing. I think it was my favourite gig of all time. Will be tuned into the BBC for their Glasto gig.

Yeah hopefully they could play EP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Fine for day 1

Bring a few of these link and pop 3/4 into the cooler on morning of day 2

Replace again that afternoon/evening, and repeat on Sunday.

Cold(ish) beer all weekend

Snarky Snark Snark

Hmmmm single use so just waste to go in the bin, slightly flat cider in a recyclable container seems a better choice to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

His set is on BBC 4 tomorrow from 10, I’ll be a few ciders in for it.

Will be at kaleidoscope but recorder set.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

I have been known to freeze a bottle of milk and keep it in a coolbag with a can or two. There's enough melted for breakfast on Saturday, and by Sunday its all melted and still OK.
    I also discovered one year that almond milk is a suspension, and doesn't respond well to being frozen.It separates. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I had an absolute eargasm.. performance was just effortless guy's were seriously tight! add in confetti canons "frickin lazers" and A1 crowd it was just amazing. I think it was my favourite gig of all time. Will be tuned into the BBC for their Glasto gig.

Yeah hopefully they could play EP!!

Yeah I thought the crowd were brilliant...everyone there seemed to just love them. Can’t wait to watch Glastonbury tonight.

Advertisement