Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Rfrip wrote: »
    Yeah I thought the crowd were brilliant...everyone there seemed to just love them. Can’t wait to watch Glastonbury tonight.

If we are to get Tame Impala at EP does it make sense to announce them next week in the afterglow of Glastonbury?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    If we are to get Tame Impala at EP does it make sense to announce them next week in the afterglow of Glastonbury?

And maybe announce them for ep after the 3 arena gig???

Why do we do this to ourselves!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

My one and only Vid from Tame Impala, you'd be forgiven for thinking this is the end of the gig, was actually the very start!!:)

https://vimeo.com/345000744

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

They're the type of camp bed that you get with Podpads, and they're not comfortable at all imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 driddler

Freetown, does any earthling have inside knowledge of the line up, did I see John Digweed on a EP line up a few years ago and then he didn't show?? Or was I seeing things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Yup, I think they’re much better than an air mattress if you have any kind of back issues.
    And you can put stuff under them.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

I just bought a weekend ticket and it says ticket price is 205...(plus booking fee etc. Brings it to about 209 or something)

I thought they cost 250? Not 205?
    Can someone explain. It's a Ticketmaster ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I just bought a weekend ticket and it says ticket price is 205...(plus booking fee etc. Brings it to about 209 or something)

I thought they cost 250? Not 205?
    Can someone explain. It's a Ticketmaster ticket.

Presale and loyalty tickets were available for less than the €250.
    Prices for this year’s Electric Picnic remain the same and once again the festival is offering the Loyalty Scheme tickets to our loyal followers as well as a three-stage instalment plan.

To be eligible for a discount, you will need to prove you’ve been before and in return you’ll get the discount code. If you have been to the festival three times or more a ticket will cost €165, if you've been once or twice a ticket will cost €185 and if you haven't been before it will cost €205.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Presale and loyalty tickets were available for less than the €250.

Thanks for that clarrification!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

I use something like that and find them great.

Watch out, if the legs are not wide enough and the ground is a bit soft, they could go through the groundsheet. I've fitted mine with pipe insulation to avoid that.

I also use a self-inflating mattress on it as well as they can be a bit cold from beneath.

Watching Glasto and just bought early entry tickets, I’m going to be a mess on the Tuesday after it.

Poorside wrote: »
    Watching Glasto and just bought early entry tickets, I’m going to be a mess on the Tuesday after it.

I say this every year as I sit on my couch watching it all weekend but it has to go on my bucket list. I just don’t know if I could cope with the scale. Like the journey home from portlaoise to cork on the Monday is hardship enough never mind the magnitude of Glastonbury

Looking forward to tame impala at half ten

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

Sheryl would fit in Sunday afternoon. Still got it st 57!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Every time I watch any Glastonbury footage, all I can think of is how much I hate people with flags. :mad:

Every time I watch any Glastonbury footage, all I can think of is how much I hate people with flags. :mad:

Just had this conversation, gowls.

CantonaGod wrote: »
    Sheryl would fit in Sunday afternoon. Still got it st 57!

I’d certainly fit her in on a Sunday afternoon........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Copped a flag in the crowd at Two Door Cinema Club that said 'BAN FLAGS'. I lolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Guys I'm just gonna come right out and say it...... I don't like Tame Impala. They're boring.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Guys I'm just gonna come right out and say it...... I don't like Tame Impala. They're boring.

Post reported

• Advertisement

Rfrip wrote: »
    I say this every year as I sit on my couch watching it all weekend but it has to go on my bucket list. I just don’t know if I could cope with the scale. Like the journey home from portlaoise to cork on the Monday is hardship enough never mind the magnitude of Glastonbury

Looking forward to tame impala at half ten

It's exhausting for sure. Five days there and we walked an average of 27km a day last time. But there's nothing like it. Ignore the begrudgers. It remains the greatest of all fests.

Stormzy nailing it I reckon (Tame Impala recorded for later). He's just doubled his fee for a future Picnic slot.

Don’t know if I’m just hearing things but Kevin parkers voice was way better on weds.

Obvs can’t compare indoor gig to this but just saying!

Banished to the nether world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Copped a flag in the crowd at Two Door Cinema Club that said 'BAN FLAGS'. I lolled.

Could be worse, at least there’s no flegs there

Snarky Snark Snark

Stormzy nailing it I reckon (Tame Impala recorded for later). He's just doubled his fee for a future Picnic slot.

He might be able to afford a belt then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

It's exhausting for sure. Five days there and we walked an average of 27km a day last time. But there's nothing like it. Ignore the begrudgers. It remains the greatest of all fests.

it really is. it's a cliche but until you do it you don't realise how great and diverse it is. TV coverage of a few of the big stages doesn't do it any justice.

Snarky Snark Snark

63 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Only managed to go the once, but was literally crippled by Sunday night. There was a 2.00 performance in a small venue (Bimble Inn possibly?) that was about 200 metres from where I stood. I knew that if I went there, there was no way that I’d make the (not particularly epic) walk back to the tent. I did the sensible thing and went straight to the tent. No mud, no wellys, just worn down by the epic-ness of it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

The beauty of music not everything for everyone but plenty for everyone.

Advertisement