Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Catching up on Glasto coverage, killers and the pet shop boys! I mean like talk about contrast!! different worlds/genre's/fan base. HOW did that happen! :)
    I can see the stereotypical popular jock type Killers fan in the crowd, early 30's male, medium to good Looks, confident, a little homophobic.........etc etc..... "Who the **** is it man with the hat"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Catching up on Glasto coverage, killers and the pet shop boys! I mean like talk about contrast!! different worlds/genre's/fan base. HOW did that happen! :)
    I can see the stereotypical popular jock type Killers fan in the crowd, early 30's male, medium to good Looks, confident, a little homophobic.........etc etc..... "Who the **** is it man with the hat"

The Killers have always been obsessed with eighties UK pop/indie, much of it camp. The Pet Shop Boys, Duran, Duran, New Order and The Smiths in particular. For admirers to miss that is a mite blinkered, particularly given that The Killers are fairly camp themselves. And they also don't strike me as an act with much of a neanderthal fan base.

Not having a go at you, I just think their guests at Glasto weren't an enormous surprise. Now had they brought on Ozzy to chomp the heads off live bats.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

If anyone has a weekend ticket going pm me. Have a friend looking for one

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

https://lambofficial.com/

Lamb have a conspicuous lack of an Irish date on their European tour, and are free 31st Aug. Probably wont be ATN as theyre in Germany on 4th Aug

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    The Killers have always been obsessed with eighties UK pop/indie, much of it camp. The Pet Shop Boys, Duran, Duran, New Order and The Smiths in particular.

They have live form in working with PSB, did it at the Brit awards a decade ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Whatever year they last headlined EP (2012?), when they came on we decided to make an early assault on the Woods as we aren't fans. Stopping by the tent in Hendrix for a few late-club cans, we discovered our neighbours sitting round their tent listening to a Killers CD. One of them had a Killers t-shirt on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

rubick wrote:
    Whatever year they last headlined EP (2012?), when they came on we decided to make an early assault on the Woods as we aren't fans. Stopping by the tent in Hendrix for a few late-club cans, we discovered our neighbours sitting round their tent listening to a Killers CD. One of them had a Killers t-shirt on.

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug"

Rick James

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Finally looked at some of the Glastonbury coverage on the iPlayer last night.

Sharon Van Etten was on my wish list for EP well before seeing her performance at Glasto, but after seeing it the want has gone up 10 fold!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

rubick wrote:

Makes you wonder if they just sold tickets to the campsites and music separately how many would actually bother going to see a band. My first ever festival, Feile 94, I went with a big group from my home town, half of them never even went into Semple stadium!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Davydeath

i see the Berlinhaus is back this year - did anyone manage to find it last year?

• Advertisement

Davydeath wrote: »
    i see the Berlinhaus is back this year - did anyone manage to find it last year?

Yep, very close to the Salty Dog, but queues every time i passed. Feedback was good last year, but unlikely to be worth an hour or two wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I loved it last year..headed in on the Friday night. Just very cool.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    The Killers have always been obsessed with eighties UK pop/indie, much of it camp. The Pet Shop Boys, Duran, Duran, New Order and The Smiths in particular. For admirers to miss that is a mite blinkered, particularly given that The Killers are fairly camp themselves. And they also don't strike me as an act with much of a neanderthal fan base.

Not having a go at you, I just think their guests at Glasto weren't an enormous surprise. Now had they brought on Ozzy to chomp the heads off live bats.....

Yes I'd love if Ozzy staged crashed a picture this gig!!
    Never realised. I'm brush tarring here obviously but the listening to killers CD drinking cans at the tent, wearing a killers teeshirt while killers are playing less than 20min away story kinda backs up what I mean hope I haven't offended you.

Shocked to learn Brandon Flowers is only 37/38, he's had that much work done he looks like a 55 year old trying to look young.

Pet shop boys EA 2006! Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I feel so different to this time last year. I was a complete moanhole on this thread about the next announcement
    This year, it’s a strong first announcement, Glastonbury coverage has shown billy Eilish and Christine and the queens are must sees.
    Also last year was just incredible aside from the music...between the Berlin bunker, the trailer park, body and soul and so much other stuff going on , I really felt it was the best year yet last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Yea went last year was very good, q wasn’t too long when we went on the fri night

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Have neglected this thread this year cos I was wrapped up in Glasto discussions for my first Glastonbury as part of my 50th celebrations.

Glastonbury fkn rocks. Big time. For anyone thinking about it or having doubts, just do it. You won't regret it one bit. We need a stone circle in Stradbally lol.

Killers were brilliant, we were at the front and it was mental. Idles at the Park was savage. Fontaines owned the place. Gerry Cinnamon was excellent. Billy Bragg brought me back to my 14 year old self and I had a little cry. Kylie was magic. Frank Turner brilliant. Vampire Weekend impressive too.

One act I would love to se in Stradbally is Lukas Nelson and the Promise of the Real. He was great at the Park.

I'll take Turner, Nelson, Cinnamon and Billy in the next announcement as well as my annual shout for James.

Edit: Very remiss of me to forget Johnny Marrs set!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Yup, caught it on the Friday as well.

Very cool addition, maybe should try increase capacity this year given the queues once the location became known.

Never realised. I'm brush tarring here obviously but the listening to killers CD drinking cans at the tent, wearing a killers teeshirt while killers are playing less than 20min away story kinda backs up what I mean hope I haven't offended you.

Shocked to learn Brandon Flowers is only 37/38, he's had that much work done he looks like a 55 year old trying to look young.

No offence whatsoever. Not a great Killers fan (thought they were very bland in 2012, maybe the kids were better off staying in the campsite!) though enjoyed the Glasto set. However, am a big fan of the eighties acts they love and yeah, that PSB Picnic-ending EA set was astonishing. Very few better ways to end a weekend.

Though New Order in Trinity on Sunday may just match that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

I am staying in Harvest Moon this year am I able to enter via the Quarry Entrance to have tickets scanned and enter the grounds? Have always used campervan before so not too sure of this.

After years on this thread, I'm ashamed to actually be asking a car park question!! ;)

What's car parks are open for the Thursday entry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

After years on this thread, I'm ashamed to actually be asking a car park question!! ;)

What's car parks are open for the Thursday entry?

The one near the Paintball entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

This was 2 years ago but the Yellow car park wasnt open on the Thursday. They wouldnt allow us to take our gear up to Harvest moon area and then go park car in Red/Green. Have a 4 wheel garden trolley but It was still a fair old hike. Tried to clarify last year again but didnt get any definite useful answers from EP or Yurt people.

Yep, he's beginning to look like Chris Isaak's older brother.

Anyone know where the designated BBQ areas are? Don't think there are any in Pink moon, but was thinking about using my trangia stove outside there if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

LowOdour wrote: »
    Anyone know where the designated BBQ areas are? Don't think there are any in Pink moon, but was thinking about using my trangia stove outside there if possible

There is supposed to be one in pink moon but no idea where it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Think we could get 21 pilots, had a look at Leeds/reading and looked at their tour dates, nothing for the week of EP but a European festival either side of it.
    Royal blood are free that weekend as well.

New Order stunning at Trinity last night. Five JD tracks and a dozen hits. Excellent sound and Barney's voice better than it's been for some time. Too early for them to return to EP but I'd love them back next year. 40th anniversary of Closer could signal a big tour.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

An Ghaeilge is in The Hazel Wood area along with an Irish Speaking campsite announced

An Ghaeilge is in The Hazel Wood area along with an Irish Speaking campsite announced

Any idea where the campsite is...was there last year also but never found out.

• Advertisement

LowOdour wrote: »
    Any idea where the campsite is...was there last year also but never found out.

Ah, it's beside Tour De Picnic campsite.

Advertisement