Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Will see them this weekend at Pohoda festival in Slovakia. One of the few acts to look forward to on a poor lineup. Feedback next week on acts heading to EP.

Good man seathrun66

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

whats the thoughts on Billies set? what length slot can we expect?
    i was surprised she played such a short set at glasto
    but then i was thinking,,when they booked her she hadnt blown up to
    the degree she has now, i wonder if it will be the same at EP
    ill be well pissed off if she only gets 40 mins,
    would they extend her set based on how big she is or is it set in stone
    from the time it was booked? Can they bump her to headline or are they
    allowed drop the current headliners down the bill,
    if it was announced today she'd be a headliner without doubt

I havent a clue how all this works

cheers

No idea how it works either but you'd guess maybe the Dua Lipa slot from last year? A time like that might be best, acts could arguably draw a bigger crowd at this time as they won't be clashing with as big acts. Hard to imagine her playing a headline slot if she is only going to play for 45 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Probably already mentioned but Florence's site lists her as playing Sunday (and elsewhere the friday), think that's reliable? I've to bail Sunday AM and she's the headliner I'm least pushed on as I've seen her a few times. Hoping for a Strokes Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭antfin

Probably already mentioned but Florence's site lists her as playing Sunday (and elsewhere the friday), think that's reliable? I've to bail Sunday AM and she's the headliner I'm least pushed on as I've seen her a few times. Hoping for a Strokes Saturday.

She's on the Milano Rocks lineup for Friday and they sell those tickets based on the daily lineups, which would rule out the Friday 100% and make the Sunday more than likely correct for Electric Picnic.

Edit - I see Milano Rocks also has The 1975 for Friday and Billie Eilish for Saturday too. Twenty One Pilots could be an addition and playing Saturday at Milano Rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Milano Rocks has Florence and the 1975 on the Friday, so chances are it'd be Saturday or Sunday at EP for those two.

They also have Billie Eilish on the Saturday. She's playing Barcelona on Monday, Sept 2 so based on that, I'd guess she'll be on the Friday night. It just makes logistical sense instead of flying over and back!

That said, though, she's in the UK the weekend before EP and has two shows in Russia midweek. UK, Russia, Ireland, Italy, Spain... It's a hell of a week for her!

Edit - antfin beat me to it with most of that! Damn my slow typing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Seamus2754

I’ve a lad selling me two tickets for the festival at face value and I can’t tell if it’s fake or genuine.. he says the tickets are hard copy but I was wondering did they get rid of that this year, I thought all the tickets were in paper form but I might’ve heard wrong?

Also any tips for sussing out if these are real or not!? (sorry if this isn’t the place to be posting this..)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Seamus2754 wrote: »
    I’ve a lad selling me two tickets for the festival at face value and I can’t tell if it’s fake or genuine.. he says the tickets are hard copy but I was wondering did they get rid of that this year, I thought all the tickets were in paper form but I might’ve heard wrong?

Also any tips for sussing out if these are real or not!? (sorry if this isn’t the place to be posting this..)

I've hard copy tickets as I bought from ticketmaster stall so they do exist.

After that, I'm not sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I've hard copy tickets, and i ordered online. They wre posted out late last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

My tickets were the old fashioned hard copy and arrived by post.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

EP only issue hard copy tickets, they don't do online / email ones.
    This year Ticketmaster issued tickets on flimsier paper than they would normally issue, which I suppose makes it a bit harder to see if tickets are legit or not.
    So if you ask him to send you a picture of the tickets, you could get his full name, look him up on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn to see if he seems genuine.
    Then save his number in your phone and look him up on Whatsapp and / or Viber to see further if he seems genuine.
    That's what I'd do anyway, seems a bit overkill but not when it's over 200 euro in question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

No idea how it works either but you'd guess maybe the Dua Lipa slot from last year? A time like that might be best, acts could arguably draw a bigger crowd at this time as they won't be clashing with as big acts. Hard to imagine her playing a headline slot if she is only going to play for 45 mins.

she has plenty of material as well as the album
    she could easily play a headline length set but is it a case of
    "well you booked me for 45mins and thats what youre getting"
    thats what im unsure of or could they just say we want you to headline
    here a few more quid? they've juggled the schedules before and had
    headliners dropped down the list a place after the later announcements

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Good man seathrun66

Thanks Mucker. Unfortunately it's the type of lineup where I'll end up having to watch The 1975. That's the type of feedback you'll be up getting. First acts announced were good, it has a decent history and I am thee anyway visiting my partner's family. Will choose more carefully in future.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

45 minutes is the average festival slot anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I've hard copy tickets also. My address is on them. I sold two off to a poster here and met in person. I also provided photo ID alongside proof of address. Just ask for the same and all should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Milano Rocks has Florence and the 1975 on the Friday, so chances are it'd be Saturday or Sunday at EP for those two.

They also have Billie Eilish on the Saturday. She's playing Barcelona on Monday, Sept 2 so based on that, I'd guess she'll be on the Friday night. It just makes logistical sense instead of flying over and back!

That said, though, she's in the UK the weekend before EP and has two shows in Russia midweek. UK, Russia, Ireland, Italy, Spain... It's a hell of a week for her!

Edit - antfin beat me to it with most of that! Damn my slow typing...

Have a feeling she'll end up cancelling a portion of her tour, young kid is gonna burn out eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

She says she's indestructible.
    At least I think that's what she said, she's a bit of a low talker.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Does she sing live tho? Everytime i watch videos of her performing to me it looks like she is miming , although she has plenty of energy on stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

endainoz wrote: »
    Would be great to hear Golden Touch. More mid 00s indie bands!

Probably it will end up not being on their setlist just cause.
    They need to get Blink 182 or someone like that involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Does she sing live tho? Everytime i watch videos of her performing to me it looks like she is miming , although she has plenty of energy on stage
    barely singing over a pretty prominent backing track by the sounds of the Glastonbury footage.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

barely singing over a pretty prominent backing track by the sounds of the Glastonbury footage.

most of her stuff is "barely singing" breathey anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

she has plenty of material as well as the album
    she could easily play a headline length set but is it a case of
    "well you booked me for 45mins and thats what youre getting"
    thats what im unsure of or could they just say we want you to headline
    here a few more quid? they've juggled the schedules before and had
    headliners dropped down the list a place after the later announcements

cheers
    looking at setlist.fm, at her own gigs she only plays max 5 songs (19) longer than her Glastonbury set (14 songs, 45mins), so little chance she's headlining if she doesn't even do more than about an hour when she has the opportunity...

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Thanks Mucker. Unfortunately it's the type of lineup where I'll end up having to watch The 1975. That's the type of feedback you'll be up getting. First acts announced were good, it has a decent history and I am thee anyway visiting my partner's family. Will choose more carefully in future.

Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I reckons she does, looked that way to me for her Glasto set anyway.
    She should play 45 mins, play all the big ones and leave people clamouring for her to headline in a couple of years.

Listening to a bit of Bodega recently and liking them a lot, hope they don’t have a major clash.

Based on info on bandsintown strokes and Dermot Kennedy, friday christine Saturday florence and cavetown sunday. Not sure how reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭endainoz

showpony1 wrote:
    Probably it will end up not being on their setlist just cause. They need to get Blink 182 or someone like that involved.

I'm sorry, that sentence doesn't make any sense to me. Anyway it's on the setlists.

Have been following this thread on my phone since i joined. All of a sudden its been reformatted and now so small impossible to read. Anyone know how to reset it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I saw a bit of her set at glasto and at the time it seemed like she was singing live, you could hear her vocals better on the quieter tracks. But watching it on youtube the louder songs look like miming. I think its just her quiet voice being drowned out by everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Have been following this thread on my phone since i joined. All of a sudden its been reformatted and now so small impossible to read. Anyone know how to reset it?

Click "legacy" site down the bottom of the page

It looks like
    Friday
    Miles Kane
    Michael Kiwanaku
    Saturday
    Sons of kemet
    Sam Fender

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »