Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Indoor rooms, overhead ceilings, vertical walls.
    These geniuses think of everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Rfrip wrote: »
    I think I speak for us all when I say we would be so happy for bodhrandude if he was announced!!!

I think at this stage we'd need to give BD the 'gimpy' type bumps politicians give each other when they get elected... In the crowd during their set!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I think at this stage we'd need to give BD the 'gimpy' type bumps politicians give each other when they get elected... In the crowd during their set!!

Can I kick him in the arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Did a poster on here say something bout razor light self announcing?

It's listed on their website under the live page

https://www.razorlightofficial.com/
    01 Sep Electric Picnic Stradbally, Ireland

So we defo have got at least 1 more announcement to go, i would fully expect it to be on the Friday that ATN starts, probably rolled up with comedy announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Let there be no panic about there being a chic void in the line up poster

they wernt added until the week of the festival last year

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

So we defo have got at least 1 more announcement to go, i would fully expect it to be on the Friday that ATN starts, probably rolled up with comedy announcement.

Is this a joke about Razorlight only being fit for the comedy stage or have I taken it a step too far? :P

Snarky Snark Snark

Is this a joke about Razorlight only being fit for the comedy stage or have I taken it a step too far? :P

That was not actually the intention but now that you mention it...:D

"...and then he says, 'That isn't the gearstick either, Father!' Hahaha, anyway, here's The Man With The Golden Touch..."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

My thoughts exactly. This feels like more of a third than second announcement. I think they'll throw in a decent dance act and some others to again hog attention.

And if by any chance Wilco are announced I really won't care if the rest of the entire line-up is cancelled.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. This feels like more of a third than second announcement. I think they'll throw in a decent dance act and some others to again hog attention.

And if by any chance Wilco are announced I really won't care if the rest of the entire line-up is cancelled.

Too soon on the Wheel of Line-ups for Underworld or Orbital?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

rubick wrote: »

Wouldn't mind Orbital but fed up with Underworld at this stage, they need to take a break, they headlined Latitude this year I think.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

We've not had orbital in the years that i've been attending (since 2013) so why not.

Wouldn't mind Orbital but fed up with Underworld at this stage, they need to take a break, they headlined Latitude this year I think.

I've enjoyed dipping in to the Drift series they have been putting out this year. Was thinking of ordering the boxed set when it comes out. Been eyeing up those tasty delicious new t-shirts too.

https://store.underworldlive.com/index.php?page=products&section=T-Shirts

Is Latitude a Festival Republic event? I always forget which one is a good indication of the Picnic line-up - Bestival maybe? There's an EP shaped hole in their touring schedule too, I've just noticed...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Still no Little Big, can't have ATN having the only Russians to visit this year.
    I'd expect there's a lot more to come, with some big names for Freetown, Apex, Chemicals, etc. Still no one announced that I'd call a real headliner.

I've enjoyed dipping in to the Drift series they have been putting out this year. Was thinking of ordering the boxed set when it comes out. Been eyeing up those tasty delicious new t-shirts too.

https://store.underworldlive.com/index.php?page=products&section=T-Shirts

Is Latitude a Festival Republic event? I always forget which one is a good indication of the Picnic line-up - Bestival maybe? There's an EP shaped hole in their touring schedule too, I've just noticed...

I could be wrong but End of the Road is the only one I've noticed with any real crossover. And even then it's usually only 7/8 acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Still no Little Big, can't have ATN having the only Russians to visit this year.
    I'd expect there's a lot more to come, with some big names for Freetown, Apex, Chemicals, etc. Still no one announced that I'd call a real headliner.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Little Big ends up in the new dance area.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Hopefully the gaps still there in the tour schedule.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but End of the Road is the only one I've noticed with any real crossover. And even then it's usually only 7/8 acts.

There's a brave crossover already right enough.
    https://endoftheroadfestival.com/

Would absolutely love Beak> to be added. Saw them at Glastonbury 2016 in William's Green, where they announced themselves by saying, "Hello, we're the Inspiral Carpets!", and a lengthy comedy rant about the inaccuracies in the blurb in the festival guidebook. Fantastic tunes to back it all up. Would be perfect for Cosby/Rankin's Wood.

There's a brave crossover already right enough.
    https://endoftheroadfestival.com/

Would absolutely love Beak> to be added. Saw them at Glastonbury 2016 in William's Green, where they announced themselves by saying, "Hello, we're the Inspiral Carpets!", and a lengthy comedy rant about the inaccuracies in the blurb in the festival guidebook. Fantastic tunes to back it all up. Would be perfect for Cosby/Rankin's Wood.

Would be a real highlight for me too. Love this:

https://youtu.be/udkoNdjLzTg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Still no one announced that I'd call a real headliner.

Agreed. Did the Strokes fleece them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

With a possible third main announcement (razorlight etc) body and soul, comedy, more trailer park and salty dog still to announce this is amazing.

I see a lot of line ups all over the world. This is an amazing set of talent.

Genuinely believe we have the best fest in the world. Going to VIP Primavera 2020 so my opinion may change but I doubt it.

Snarky Snark Snark

Wooderson wrote: »

I'd say Flo-Jo & the 1975 were probably far more expensive than them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Have to say plenty on there to make me happier Marr, Ashcroft, otherkin (brilliant live), just mustard (saw them support NGHFB at malahide better live than on record), talos, all tvvins, somebody's child (decent set at kaleidoscope) plus more to discover doing my homework.

And still think a few more decent acts will be added.

Still no suede though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I'd say Flo-Jo & the 1975 were probably far more expensive than them

'Paddy' getting taken to the cleaners so. '75 on at 4pm at Werchter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

'Paddy' getting taken to the cleaners so. '75 on at 4pm at Werchter.
    and headlining Reading and Leeds festivals....

I doubt it probably just happy to be upgraded from the throwback stage.

Snarky Snark Snark

I doubt it probably just happy to be upgraded from the throwback stage.

knew bugger all about them until recently but they defo are not quite at that level yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Yonaka and sports team are pretty good , seen em both at werchter this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

and headlining Reading and Leeds festivals....

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

Still no Little Big, can't have ATN having the only Russians to visit this year. I'd expect there's a lot more to come, with some big names for Freetown, Apex, Chemicals, etc. Still no one announced that I'd call a real headliner.

Really? From a headliners point of view it's quite strong. Big acts that are popular, is that not what a headliner is supposed to be?

I thought most people here don't go for headliners anyways.

Advertisement