Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

and headlining Reading and Leeds festivals....

Fair shout mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah Sports team sound like good craic. We're up and running. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dohertg5

Just a heads up, I've added the second wave of acts to Upsetlist (those have have data on setlist.fm at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

knew bugger all about them until recently but they defo are not quite at that level yet.

They make me want to puke cheesy copper face jack's muck. She said was torture to ears when it came out nearly 20yrs ago and still is. Same year atomic kitten, sclub 7, Westlife etc were around sad days for chart music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

You do know that no one's forcing you to listen to them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

They make me want to puke cheesy copper face jack's muck. She said was torture to ears when it came out nearly 20yrs ago and still is. Same year atomic kitten, sclub 7, Westlife etc were around sad days for chart music.

??? I assume you mean “Last Nite”? If you are, wtf are you talking about?! That’s a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Running out of time for a 3Plus last chance pre sale aren't we? Last two years was the 18th and 28th of July iirc. Really want to get a ticket :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Raekwondo wrote: »
    Running out of time for a 3Plus last chance pre sale aren't we? Last two years was the 18th and 28th of July iirc. Really want to get a ticket :(

Have you ever thought about hang-gliding into the festival site. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Are we talking about the Strokes here??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

BaZmO* wrote:
    ??? I assume you mean “Last Nite� If you are l, wtf are you talking about?! That’s a great song.

Has to be trolling, surely?

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Are we talking about the Strokes here??

Yeah WTF! have they got to do with Atomic Kitten, Westlife and SClub7, they couldn't be any more different.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Have you ever thought about hang-gliding into the festival site. :)

Honestly might have to at this stage. People are selling tickets at the same cost you'd get a mortgage on a house at these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Nice announcement today.

Delighted with Richie Hawtin as I've yet to see him live. Richard Ashcroft will be perfect for pints in the sun and wailing along to the tunes. Charli XCX is a guilty pleasure of mine so will pop along for a pop bop. And Johnny Marr: nuff said.

Look forward to trying out The Viagara Boys and Gerry Cinnamon from the recommendations from previous posters on here. Fjaak are also worth a listen for any dance music fans.

Getting giddy now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

showpony1 wrote:
    Very happy with that so far, would want to see all of the below & that's without the usual extras Mother Djs, Attention Bebe, Electric Ireland tent;

Are Attention Bebe playing again this year? They were great last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Do Mother DJs play the picnic often?
    I was only on the tent for a while last year, but it sounded great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

patch wrote: »

Don’t they always have an end of picnic party? Think that’s the one I always try to make, but never do.

Every year I've been going, they are basically part of the Earthship stage furniture (Body&Soul Village) and same for Attention Bebe too although they didn't do Body&Soul Village last year, I think they did play Trailer Park though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

They close out body and soul every Sunday night on the earthship stage. Last year they played Jerry fish tent for the first time on the sat night

My best memories of ep have been at mother tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭darzog

Homework done... Was starting to panic a bit as I was working my way through the new additions alphabetically a la the earlier announcement as I wasn’t feeling a lot of it. Until I got to White Reaper. Oh yes...a beefed-up Cheap Trick / Lemon Twigs, quite reminiscent of Redd Kross. Lovely, lovely ripe bit of cheese.

darzog wrote: »
    Homework done... Was starting to panic a bit as I was working my way through the new additions alphabetically a la the earlier announcement as I wasn’t feeling a lot of it. Until I got to White Reaper. Oh yes...a beefed-up Cheap Trick / Lemon Twigs, quite reminiscent of Redd Kross. Lovely, lovely ripe bit of cheese.

Wow, I see what you mean. Cleverly throwing people off the scent with the death metal moniker. Very enjoyable stuff. That'll be a fun tent. The Cheap trick Lemon Twigs analogy is spot on. Ta for the tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Just listened to Gerry cinnamon for the first time

Think my ears started to bleed

That's Friday night pub stuff and not even an Irish pub. I worry about the younger generation. First Ed now this.

That's Friday night pub stuff and not even an Irish pub. I worry about the younger generation. First Ed now this.

Fingers crossed he's not clashing with the Strokes, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

rubick wrote:
    Would absolutely love Beak> to be added. Saw them at Glastonbury 2016 in William's Green, where they announced themselves by saying, "Hello, we're the Inspiral Carpets!", and a lengthy comedy rant about the inaccuracies in the blurb in the festival guidebook. Fantastic tunes to back it all up. Would be perfect for Cosby/Rankin's Wood.

Saw them at primavera in June, great stuff indeed. Had a ticket for Whelans gig but couldn't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed he's not clashing with the Strokes, eh?

He'll clash with some one and that's good cos it will draw all the kiddies away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Rfrip wrote: »
    Just listened to Gerry cinnamon for the first time

Think my ears started to bleed

Thank feck there is someone else, I listened to one song today and couldn't do much more

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Cinnamon sounds terrible all right but you have to agree his success in a short period of time has been phenomenal.

Talos is a decent addition and also Otherkin were great in 2017, lead singer loves a bit of stage diving. Saw Jonny Marrs Glastonbury set on BBC and it was good, well able to sing a few Smiths classics too.

It’s a fantastic line up now, best in years I think.

He'll be a big comedown from Therapy the week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Spreece wrote: »
    Cinnamon sounds terrible all right but you have to agree his success in a short period of time has been phenomenal.

Talos is a decent addition and also Otherkin were great in 2017, lead singer loves a bit of stage diving. Saw Jonny Marrs Glastonbury set on BBC and it was good, well able to sing a few Smiths classics too.

It’s a fantastically line up now, best in years I think.

Otherkin live are brilliant. Had a good mosh with the lead singer at ep a few years ago. Met them a few months later at their album launch in tower records, went in by chance and they were belting it out. Sounded like they kept up the madness after their gig. Defo worth seeing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Spreece wrote: »

He wrote the songs,recorded his own music ,released it without a record company and no airplay from radio stations. Done it all through social media. Seen him at Glastonbury and he was brilliant.

Advertisement