Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The app has been updated. I don't see Freetown in the areas list, possibly the "TBC"

What's "little picnic"?

Really curious to see this year's map!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭endainoz

Fatfrog wrote:
    What's "little picnic"?

Something for the kids I'd imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I hope Richie Hawtin gets the Rankin Woods this year as the last time he played in 2012 I think the Little Big Tent was far too small for the crowd that turned up, twas funny watching the game of catch the punter by security who would jump by the security and into the sides of the tent. All the dance acts on the lineup Four Tet, Richie Hawtin, Kolsch, Maceo Plex, DJ Seinfield, Eve, Kettama and Le Boom among others could be destined for Freetown, maybe they'll do away with the dance marquees altogether from the main arena. Maybe it will be like back in 2008 where they stuck the Bodytonic tent into the main camping area.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Can't wait for Courtney Barnet !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Jeff Lynne and ELO are touring, would be amazing on the Sunday afternoon.
    And the Davies brothers are recording together again, would that be too much to ask for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Poorside wrote: »
    Jeff Lynne and ELO are touring, would be amazing on the Sunday afternoon.
    And the Davies brothers are recording together again, would that be too much to ask for?

ELO would be headliner material I’d have thought

ELO would be headliner material I’d have thought

I disagree, serious calibre and definitely worthy of a headline slot, but they're nearly 50 years on the go, I really don't think they be enough in touch with the EP demographic for headlining.
    They'd be perfect in a legends slot Sunday afternoon and very affordable @20k if the below link is accurate.

https://lambgoat.com/blog/472/How-much-does-it-REALLY-cost-to-book-your-favorite-band-for-a-show

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I disagree, serious calibre and definitely worthy of a headline slot, but they're nearly 50 years on the go, I really don't think they be enough in touch with the EP demographic for headlining.
    They'd be perfect in a legends slot Sunday afternoon and very affordable @20k if the below link is accurate.

https://lambgoat.com/blog/472/How-much-does-it-REALLY-cost-to-book-your-favorite-band-for-a-show

I would say 30 or 35 years ELO history with a good fourteen year gap at least of inactivity, considering Jeff Lynne was in the Travelling Wilbury's too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

considering Jeff Lynne was in the Travelling Wilbury's too.

Never did any live touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Out of date I'd say given they've had a big Glasto slot since and a couple of arena tours. Six figures minimum. Would be very happy for EP to pay that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Watching Parquet Courts on the Pitchfork live stream. Not going this year but they will be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Out of date I'd say given they've had a big Glasto slot since and a couple of arena tours. Six figures minimum. Would be very happy for EP to pay that out.

No wonder Oxegen went bust, they mustve booked half the million+ acts as headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

That was Aphex Twin's first and only appearance at Oxegen that year too wasn't it, if I recall that was the driest Oxegen weather wise that year too.

Was at that gig too; proper mad set. No Windowlicker but still a great set. Dragged a mate along. He was asked how the gig went afterwards back in the campsite by the rest of the gang and he just looked up and said: "It was an experience." :D

I hope Richie Hawtin gets the Rankin Woods this year as the last time he played in 2012 I think the Little Big Tent was far too small for the crowd that turned up, twas funny watching the game of catch the punter by security who would jump by the security and into the sides of the tent. All the dance acts on the lineup Four Tet, Richie Hawtin, Kolsch, Maceo Plex, DJ Seinfield, Eve, Kettama and Le Boom among others could be destined for Freetown, maybe they'll do away with the dance marquees altogether from the main arena. Maybe it will be like back in 2008 where they stuck the Bodytonic tent into the main camping area.

Could it be a return to the dance tent they had a few years back? I think it would be a great idea. I wonder if it will have a different closing time to the Main Arena as it would take a bit of the crowd pressure off the rave. The last few years it's been rammed and they closed it early last year.

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    Could it be a return to the dance tent they had a few years back? I think it would be a great idea. I wonder if it will have a different closing time to the Main Arena as it would take a bit of the crowd pressure off the rave. The last few years it's been rammed and they closed it early last year.

Plenty of talk of Wilde being turned into some form of arena, could it be a dance area?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭glennponder

See these charming men have been pencilled in for 5.40pm at the salty dog on the friday!!! At least that confirms that the salty dog is definitely returning ��

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

See these charming men have been pencilled in for 5.40pm at the salty dog on the friday!!! At least that confirms that the salty dog is definitely returning ��

If they wanted to reassure us that all was still well with the Salty Dog, that's the way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Stillill42 wrote: »
    If they wanted to reassure us that all was still well with the Salty Dog, that's the way to do it.

Another attempt at a boards meet up????

Plenty of talk of Wilde being turned into some form of arena, could it be a dance area?

According the press release earlier this year, the new Freetown area will use the old Wilde Campsite and have a new stage called Terminus. At 8,000 capacity, it could well be a bespoke dance area throughout the weekend.

It'd be great if it had later opening hours than the main arena as it would give another late night option and take some of the crowd pressure off the rave.

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    According the press release earlier this year, the new Freetown area will use the old Wilde Campsite and have a new stage called Terminus. At 8,000 capacity, it could well be a bespoke dance area throughout the weekend.

It'd be great if it had later opening hours than the main arena as it would give another late night option and take some of the crowd pressure off the rave.

That's if there is still gonna be a Rave in the Woods, basically Freetown or Terminus will be the new Rave in the Woods I'd imagine but incorporating tented structures, stalls and perhaps bars too. Perhaps all these corporate bars that dotted the main arena like the 3 place, Logic, Cocktail Cocktail will be put in this area too freeing up space in the main arena for other stuff.

Edit: Actually scratch that, Rave in the Woods is still there it was renamed Anchronica and I see that on the lineup poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

The big question of whether Freetown will be considered part of the main arena (Freeflow booze etc.) is still out there.

Does anyone have any inside info on this?

It would be very hard to do it without impacting on The Salty Dog and Trenchtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A nice warm up act for Mr. Marr himself..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

The big question of whether Freetown will be considered part of the main arena (Freeflow booze etc.) is still out there.

Does anyone have any inside info on this?

It would be very hard to do it without impacting on The Salty Dog and Trenchtown.

If there's no freelow policy there it would be a mistake. Plus wouldn't that automatically place Salty Dog inside the main arena. Don't like the idea of no cans at the boat. If Freetown is to be an additional late night area, it really needs to be freeflow.

In terms of the structure, I feel it'll be a large outdoor area and a couple of large tents or buildings like Block9 @ Glastonbury. And a big statue of Oscar Wilde, wearing white gloves and a dust mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Plush289

Does anyone know when the early bird LooWatt passes usually go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Plush289 wrote: »

Got ours for Eco last week, there was an option for both sets of loos.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Plush289 wrote: »

https://www.loowatt.com/electricpicnictickets.html

on sale already it seems

edited to include link for byeco camping loowatt tickets

https://www.loowatt.com/electricpicnicecotickets.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

God I can’t wait to be a liability in work on the Thursday and spend the day on clashfinder ....highlighting and laminating to my little hearts content

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

I would say 30 or 35 years ELO history with a good fourteen year gap at least of inactivity, considering Jeff Lynne was in the Travelling Wilbury's too.

I think Jess Glynne was already annouced

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Rfrip wrote: »
    God I can’t wait to be a liability in work on the Thursday and spend the day on clashfinder ....highlighting and laminating to my little hearts content

Our work summer BBQ is the Thursday. Very happy little turn of events that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

mimimcmc wrote: »
    https://www.loowatt.com/electricpicnictickets.html

on sale already it seems

edited to include link for byeco camping loowatt tickets

https://www.loowatt.com/electricpicnicecotickets.html

I haven't been to EP for a few years so explain this loowatt thing to me. Are they just fancy toilets? Are they only in the campsite?

Advertisement