Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

showpony1 wrote: »
    I think Jess Glynne was already annouced

Two different folk showpony1, Jeff Lynne is lead vocalist/songwriter for ELO and Jess Glynne is a female singer and songwriter.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Two different folk showpony1, Jeff Lynne is lead vocalist/songwriter for ELO and Jess Glynne is a female singer and songwriter.

ELO with Jess Glynne on lead vocals instead of Jeff Lynne would be... interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Jess Glynne sounds like a goat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

ELO with Jess Glynne on lead vocals instead of Jeff Lynne would be... interesting.

I like Jeff Lynne's tracks with Clean Bandit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Make that happen, please!

Don't let me dooooooooooowwwnnnnnn...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Rfrip wrote: »
    God I can’t wait to be a liability in work on the Thursday and spend the day on clashfinder ....highlighting and laminating to my little hearts content

Are you going to EP2009! :):) we have apps now!!
    I used to do this religiously but some years we still didn't have full stage times Thursday evening.... I just can't cope with the stress of this. Of late I've been buying the lanyards as much as a souvenir but useful combined with the app + the app gets updated if anything changes or acts drop out.

Plush289 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the early bird LooWatt passes usually go on sale?

ECO campsite loowatt went on sale last week. I clicked the link as soon as I seen it, but early bird was already sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Camroc20

See these charming men have been pencilled in for 5.40pm at the salty dog on the friday!!! At least that confirms that the salty dog is definitely returning ��

Where did you see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I haven't been to EP for a few years so explain this loowatt thing to me. Are they just fancy toilets? Are they only in the campsite?

Not sure about the other one (I think it's possibly in Hendrix/Warhol), but the Eco Campsite Loowatts are three portacabin toilets with comfy seats - dry toilets with no water. All the 'product' goes into bags that are taken away after you press the button, and used to power the lights in the Eco Campsite via the new field of bio-science magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

rubick wrote: »
    Not sure about the other one (I think it's possibly in Hendrix/Warhol), but the Eco Campsite Loowatts are three portacabin toilets with comfy seats - dry toilets with no water. All the 'product' goes into bags that are taken away after you press the button, and used to power the lights in the Eco Campsite via the new field of bio-science magic.

Ah I see. Poo magic sounds wonderful. I'm in a campervan though so no point in me buying this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Camroc20 wrote: »
    Where did you see this?

It's on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Are you going to EP2009! :):) we have apps now!!
    I used to do this religiously but some years we still didn't have full stage times Thursday evening.... I just can't cope with the stress of this. Of late I've been buying the lanyards as much as a souvenir but useful combined with the app + the app gets updated if anything changes or acts drop out.

Oh lol!! Old dog new tricks!!

forget yere high tech apps...give me an excel spreadsheet anyday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Heh heh yeah Oscar Wilde meets Altern8 !!

I think everyone wants to know beerflow situation for this new area / Salty Dog

rubick wrote: »
    If there's no freelow policy there it would be a mistake. Plus wouldn't that automatically place Salty Dog inside the main arena. Don't like the idea of no cans at the boat. If Freetown is to be an additional late night area, it really needs to be freeflow.

In terms of the structure, I feel it'll be a large outdoor area and a couple of large tents or buildings like Block9 @ Glastonbury. And a big statue of Oscar Wilde, wearing white gloves and a dust mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I have a code for three for the tickets on sale Thursday if anyone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

I have a code for three for the tickets on sale Thursday if anyone wants it

id use it if you still have it please.

Heh heh yeah Oscar Wilde meets Altern8 !!

I think everyone wants to know beerflow situation for this new area / Salty Dog

If this is a late night area only (say starts at 12-1am) then there shouldn't be any need to bring it inside the arena boundary as you can bring cans in after bars close anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Fatfrog wrote: »
    If this a late night area only (say starts at 12-1am) then there shouldn't be any need to bring it inside the arena boundary as you can bring cans in after bars close anyway?

That makes sense. I wonder what will be going on there during the day. It would be a bit of a waste to set it up and then not use it as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Vwwv19

Sorry, I'm sure this is asked every year.

Are there checks in place to make sure each ticketholder is 18+? My 17 year old wants to tag along with his pals who are all 18.

Don't want to risk 300 quid for him only to be turned away at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Vwwv19 wrote: »

Are there checks in place to make sure each ticketholder is 18+? My 17 year old wants to tag along with his pals who are all 18.

My 19 year old nephew was ID’d going in last year. My 31 year old self wasn’t :D

If he hasn’t a fake, then it’ll definitely be a risk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's always a risk - he might get asked for ID, he might not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Panic over on salty dog location...saw comment on their Instagram and someone asked has it changed location and ep have replied to say she will be docked in the exact same spot as last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Never been there outside of picnic time but I assume that it never gets moved and is just covered / protected for the winter months, it's not exactly a movable little thing.

Panic over on salty dog location...saw comment on their Instagram and someone asked has it changed location and ep have replied to say she will be docked in the exact same spot as last year

Har, me hearties. All is well. Good spot, Rfrip.

Never been there outside of picnic time but I assume that it never gets moved and is just covered / protected for the winter months, it's not exactly a movable little thing.

This is correct. My lads were there with the scouts during the Winter and were mightily impressed with it.

Vwwv19 wrote: »

The thing is they can be asked for ID more than once, there was a bunch of young lads on the Sunday that had been stopped at the salty dog entrance, there were told they needed to be accompanied by someone over 18. To be fair they looked young 14/15 in my opinion, I guess security's view was they were in the family site and had become separated.

Do kids/family get a different wristband?

The old story goes they were transporting the ship to the main arena and it came off the trailer near it's current location and was basically too fragile to move any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

But we still don't know if it's inside the security cordon or not. I'm inexplicably nervous about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Screw Attack

Another awful music festival featuring awful looking human beings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Another awful music festival featuring awful looking human beings.

You seem like a rereg who hasn't even looked at the thread and what a thing to say about my fellow posters, Mike.ie and Beasty will be looking for you.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

But we still don't know if it's inside the security cordon or not. I'm inexplicably nervous about this!

Same here. Read somewhere this week that there will be a new 'customs border' in the area. Hoping its not going to have the main area boundary put back ti the campsite entrance.

Advertisement