Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

You seem like a rereg who hasn't even looked at the thread.

Ignore the trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

But we still don't know if it's inside the security cordon or not. I'm inexplicably nervous about this!

I asked the most pressing question about cans, hopefully they’ll answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

FREEtown!! Its surely a indicator?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Sorry guys...I’d only half the story this eve!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭glennponder

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I haven't been to EP for a few years so explain this loowatt thing to me. Are they just fancy toilets? Are they only in the campsite?

We stay in the eco campsite, not much fancy about them, no tap water or urinals which is ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Another awful music festival featuring awful looking human beings.

Just to be clear, that's a no to the meet up then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Noticed MO is on the poster but not in Artist A-Z, also as far as I can see no date on songkick or her official page for EP.

Lineup is stacked but wouldn't say no to hearing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Just to be clear, that's a no to the meet up then?

:-)))))

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

thebusher wrote: »
    Same here. Read somewhere this week that there will be a new 'customs border' in the area. Hoping its not going to have the main area boundary put back ti the campsite entrance.

Sounds like its going to be a no deal Pixit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Noticed MO is on the poster but not in Artist A-Z, also as far as I can see no date on songkick or her official page for EP.

Lineup is stacked but wouldn't say no to hearing her.

If you worked in EP marketing you'd wanna have your **** together, CSI-boardsies WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

MO?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

MO?

Sang a popular tune with Major Laser - an enemy of the EP thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fatfrog wrote: »
    The thing is they can be asked for ID more than once, there was a bunch of young lads on the Sunday that had been stopped at the salty dog entrance, there were told they needed to be accompanied by someone over 18. To be fair they looked young 14/15 in my opinion, I guess security's view was they were in the family site and had become separated.

Do kids/family get a different wristband?

Yeah, different wristband for both. The Family Camping adult wristband allows you access to all the other camping areas, but a General Camping wristband won't let you into the Family Camping. Something they're very strict on, which is a good thing. Anything up to 7-8 checks from leaving the arena to the campsite.

Kids get a different wristband and have to have an adult with them at all times.

Snarky Snark Snark

MØ, makes more sense, google kept bringing me to some god awful Brit r'n'b type group

Jon Hopkins playing cork for that sounds of the harbour thing 12th September

I wont have recovered from ep by that stage so il have to give that a miss even though it’s on my doorstep

What's the best route to travel to get directed to the yellow carpark?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

davew121 wrote: »

Depends what day your going down and where from.

Rfrip wrote: »
    Jon Hopkins playing cork for that sounds of the harbour thing 12th September

I wont have recovered from ep by that stage so il have to give that a miss even though it’s on my doorstep

Few cans... you'll be grand!!

Is it completely unlikely he'll be added to the EP lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Few cans... you'll be grand!!

Is it completely unlikely he be added to the EP lineup?
    yes, already playing All Together Now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

3rd time this summer. Hes turning into Nile Rodgers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

BadTurtle wrote: »
    3rd time this summer. Hes turning into Nile Rodgers

Nile Rogers and Jon Hopkins is a comparison I didn't think I'd see.

Heading down early Friday morning from Dublin be in the area by 11am

wonder will there be a complete new layout even in terms of car parks now with freetown
    itching to the see the map already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Rfrip wrote: »
    wonder will there be a complete new layout even in terms of car parks now with freetown
    itching to the see the map already!!

Aye right enough - with Freetown displacing all the Oscar Wilde punters I wonder will there be new areas opened up. Is there room for Chaplin/Joplin to extend? I've never camped in those. Always seemed to be a bit of a hike to the Main Arena from the bottom end of Joplin.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

davew121 wrote: »

Generally if you come from the N80 from the South, either from Carlow or Athy.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

rubick wrote: »
    Aye right enough - with Freetown displacing all the Oscar Wilde punters I wonder will there be new areas opened up. Is there room for Chaplin/Joplin to extend? I've never camped in those. Always seemed to be a bit of a hike to the Main Arena from the bottom end of Joplin.

Was wondering this myself, always camped in Wilde so will likely try to get somewhere close to the front of Chaplin

Was wondering this myself, always camped in Wilde so will likely try to get somewhere close to the front of Chaplin

There's a huge, normally empty field next to the main wristband exchange that could easily take the displaced Wilde volume and wouldn't add huge walking distance to the main arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone use pink moon last year? Is it easier to bring drink onto the main area from there or is it still a strict search?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭endainoz

davywalsh7 wrote:
    Anyone use pink moon last year? Is it easier to bring drink onto the main area from there or is it still a strict search?

Might not be as strict as from the campsites but they do still search you. It does depend on what you want to put down your crotch tho. I remember having a screwcap Capri sun filled with vodka that decided to burst as we were going through security. Vodka jocks for the rest of the evening!

Advertisement