Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Anyone use pink moon last year? Is it easier to bring drink onto the main area from there or is it still a strict search?

Still searches during the day as per other gates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Fatfrog wrote: »
    There's a huge, normally empty field next to the main wristband exchange that could easily take the displaced Wilde volume and wouldn't add huge walking distance to the main arena.

Is that where the Eco Campsite used to be, just in to the left hand side of the Main Gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Anyone use pink moon last year? Is it easier to bring drink onto the main area from there or is it still a strict search?

2 years ago in pink moon if you poured your can into one of the plastic cups from the pink moon bar there they would let you through with it - I can't remember if they were letting this happen last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

rubick wrote: »
    Is that where the Eco Campsite used to be, just in to the left hand side of the Main Gate?

Yea, That's now where the Tour de Picnic, The Gaeltacht and and some crew camping is I believe.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Yea, That's now where the Tour de Picnic, The Gaeltacht and and some crew camping is I believe.

do the tour de picnic people get to stay in their own campsite private campsite?

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    do the tour de picnic people get to stay in their own campsite private campsite?

It's either private or some staff in there too. However i'm not sure if they get their own bands or if its general. I'ts been in the same place for a while.

Korvanica wrote: »
    It's either private or some staff in there too. However i'm not sure if they get their own bands or if its general. I'ts been in the same place for a while.

that's pretty handy so getting a nice camping spot out of it too rather than paying for pink moon etc!
    anyone do the run down before?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

that's pretty handy so getting a nice camping spot out of it too rather than paying for pink moon etc!
    anyone do the run down before?

I don't think it has the comforts etc. of Pink Moon.

I think there are massage tables when then arrive and I would assume there are showers which would be there all weekend. You still have to put up your own tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

It is unlikely that there will be signpost "For those who used to camp in Oscar Wilde -->" ;)

One of the other fields could be renamed as Wilde. My guess would be that they would use more of the space up by the campervans and Janis Joplin.

It could also be that the Tour De Picnic and An Ghaeltacht could be re-located.

I don't think it has the comforts etc. of Pink Moon.

I think there are massage tables when then arrive and I would assume there are showers which would be there all weekend. You still have to put up your own tent.

The key is an area separate to Jimmy Hendrix, though if its only really the "athletes" might not get interacting with as many as normal in camp site.
    One year recently there was definitely tour de picnic people wandering around pink moon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

It is unlikely that there will be signpost "For those who used to camp in Oscar Wilde -->" ;)

One of the other fields could be renamed as Wilde. My guess would be that they would use more of the space up by the campervans and Janis Joplin.

It could also be that the Tour De Picnic and An Ghaeltacht could be re-located.

I would guess this is where it will be... there is a large area there for Joplin overflow .. very quiet* in previous years, but a long walk to the main stage area.

*probably not quiet anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

Anyone know what the story with the Bunker is? The marketing write up says it’s “selective” and only a few people get in. Is that just pr speak?

dansan7 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story with the Bunker is? The marketing write up says it’s “selective” and only a few people get in. Is that just pr speak?

It's not a big place - so they only let people in when people leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

i see they botched the barcodes on the family camping again this year,
    thats a flood of potential dodgy tickets out there now

2 years in a row??

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Davydeath

Breast Milk bags - they hold about 400ml of spirits. buy some mixers from the ice cream vans - sorted

Fair few tickets popping up now on that EP Facebook group but I private messaged the sellers and they were looking for €350 each for the tickets. I'm going to try the 3 app tomorrow but again if anyone has any they are thinking of putting on adverts/toutless please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Camroc20

Fair few tickets popping up now on that EP Facebook group but I private messaged the sellers and they were looking for €350 each for the tickets. I'm going to try the 3 app tomorrow but again if anyone has any they are thinking of putting on adverts/toutless please let me know.

Same! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shinyshoos

Hey, I don’t post often but I have a three code for the ticket sale tomorrow if anyone would like it?

**code gone**

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Generally I'd avoid Facebook for ticket purchases, have heard of loads of scammers there lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

hi

i have a code also if anyone wants it

rgds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭AlanMcC23

Im trying to sell a weekend camping ticket and the thursday early pass but not sure about going through that facebook group. A friend of mine had his ticket on it and twice he was left high and dry after the buyer didnt turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

AlanMcC23 wrote: »
    Im trying to sell a weekend camping ticket and the thursday early pass but not sure about going through that facebook group. A friend of mine had his ticket on it and twice he was left high and dry after the buyer didnt turn up

I'd use Toutless. I've dealt with good honest people on there.

I'd use Toutless. I've dealt with good honest people on there.

Adverts is good as you can see the feedback.
    its all about using common sense though - if using toutless check their posting history someone who is posting buying and selling over the years more likely to be honest then someone selling an EP ticket with their first post.

I much prefer to use paypal/e-tickets these days as you can generally see the name on the ticket they send and match it to the email address they use through to the Paypal account and if they rip you off can get the money back through Paypal.

Anyway there are lots of honest people here looking to buy :D (for face value!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

rubick wrote: »

TourDePicnic and Gealtacht are to the left of the wristband exchange, I'm talking to the right beyond Chaplin and ECO (ECO is the Brown field no tents, this pic is a few years old)

The green X is the crew camp BD?
    From memory this wasnt as full as this photo in the past two years? This area or red outline could be used to recover the lost Wilde space.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

TourDePicnic and Gealtacht are to the left of the wristband exchange, I'm talking to the right beyond Chaplin and ECO (ECO is the Brown field no tents, this pic is a few years old)

From memory this wasnt as full as this photo in the past two years? This area or red outline could be used to recover the lost Wilde space.

there's even more further back on the zoomed out version of that pic (can't find the original but this was from discussing the Eco campsite move before EP18):

https://i.imgur.com/LiqPH0o.jpg
    LiqPH0o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Dusky, Tensnake and a good few Irish djs announced for the heineken stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Anyone know how much the tickets on sale tomorrow with three will be

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Camroc20

AlanMcC23 wrote: »

I would be interested in taking this if it's still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

If that's the spot I'm thinking of then that whole red box was full last year(maybe not that small corner on the top left). It was considered Joplin but you had to walk through the main Joplin and through the gap and into the field.

And across the bottom red line was fenced in and there were tents already up in there. Think it was called Kip N Go but that was only a small fraction of the field.

That field had the usually amenities as the other sites. Along your red line on the right were toilets, a couple of chip vans and a first aid tent.

It wasn't nearly as crammed as the other sites, there was definitely more space around tents compared to Wilde/Hendrix but pretty full as far as I could see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Yves Tumor is on the poster but not on artist A-Z and has no tour date on official channels.

Him and Serpentwithfeet are high on my list to watch.

Advertisement