Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Increasing capacity and yet less tickets for loyal customers, or so it would appear:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

the cynic in me thinks they made 99 tickets available and they're all gone now.

They cynic in you is wrong. Last year there were roughly 10k Loyalty tickets. Id imagine its the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

everlast75 wrote: »
    The cynical part of me can't help but think that some saw the demand for tickets in the run up to the weekend and the price they were fetching, and factored that into their rush to buy...

It was a piss take near the end, worst I heard was 900 for a weekend ticket, know a few paid around the 500 mark.
    Met a poor chap that bought a 3yr old wristband for €150 off a gougher and another gril who bought one with no clasp on it, was easy pickings for scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Milo Liquorice

yes, because reynolds is doing ATN out of the goodness of his heart.

Based on the EP Loyalty codes /Ticketmaster clusterf**k this year, I'd say its the lesser of two evils.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

the cynic in me thinks they made 99 tickets available and they're all gone now.

Not sure. I know a lot of people who got tickets today (more than in the past 2/3 years) and almost everybody here seems to have got them quicker than usual.

• Advertisement

PLEASE NOTE: THE EARLY BIRD & LOYALTY DISCOUNT ALLOCATIONS ARE SOLD OUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Well if EP says its sold out....there's always ATN. Who knows...the greed that has become apparent in the EP machine might actually help ATN to sell out this year. Here's hoping :-)

Greed? at least EP kept the same prices for next year, unlike ATN which bumped theirs up 20%....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

to be honest, why are they even doing loyalty tickets when it's selling out every year these days. not that i'm complaining

Greed? at least EP kept the same prices for next year, unlike ATN which bumped theirs up 20%....

Yea but EP are upping their numbers it was on the radio this morning, they don't know how many more they can fit yet. There's a tipping point when it turns into Oxygen. That's where ATN has an advantage, haven't been to ATN but I have it in my head it's like the old picnic back in the naughtys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Mad that they sold out the earlybird/loyalty allocation already. Just booked a 2 man pink moon tent for €240 also as they went back on sale.

So are the next batch of tickets going to be full price of €250? If so the €90 saving softens the blow of pink moon a little bit. The boom is back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Yea but EP are upping their numbers it was on the radio this morning, they don't know how many more they can fit yet. There's a tipping point when it turns into Oxygen. That's where ATN has an advantage, haven't been to ATN but I have it in my head it's like the old picnic back in the naughtys.

They announced 2,500 extra and alongside that are increasing the size of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

so? one has kept prices the same, the other hasn't....

EP are apparently upping capacity by 2500, so 5%.
    ATN are upping theirs 5000, so 33% (and increasing prices).

and yeah, ATN is similar to EP back in the day, as is Body&Soul, which ATN/POD/Reynolds have ripped-off in almost every single way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, I wouldn't be getting too misty-eyed about Alltogethernow just yet. It was a great weekend but they've upped capacity, upped prices and effectively offered no loyalty bonus (early access to Tier 1 priced tickets). There's nobody in this for the love of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Korvanica wrote: »
    They cynic in you is wrong. Last year there were roughly 10k Loyalty tickets. Id imagine its the same this year.

Source? How do you know this?

and yeah, ATN is similar to EP back in the day, as is Body&Soul, which ATN/POD/Reynolds have ripped-off in almost every single way.

Yea but didn't Renyolds kick them all off anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Body & Soul is still the absolute best festival in Ireland, will be surprised if that changes any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Got loyalty tickets at Jervis St outlet around 12:30 no problem.

Called easons there they said everything electric picnic has been pulled from their system all sold out. Can't get through to Ticketmaster, I'm after a campervan pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Got my code and would you believe it , it wouldnt work and now I cant even get in to buy any !!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Just been on EP 2019 Banter Page on Facebook (don't judge) and the amount of people saying their local ticketmaster was taking names and numbers to ring people back about tickets, and not selling actual tickets is scary...
    Loads saying too that they bought the wrong tickets so anyone looking for campervan or family pass should have a snoop on there.
    General consensus is that the loyalty code distribution was an out and out disaster.

• Advertisement

Facebook, shudders,

Have you link to that page, can't seem to find it.

Facebook, shudders,

Have you link to that page, can't seem to find it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1611059942480690/

Ticketmaster, fair play, have just got back to me with this....
    PLEASE NOTE: THE EARLY BIRD & LOYALTY DISCOUNT ALLOCATIONS ARE SOLD OUT.

Loyalty codes were issued on 6-Sept-2018

Please note that tickets are subject to availability. The loyalty scheme (and use of discount codes) will end at Midnight Sunday, 30th September, or in the event of a sell-out of the allocation, whichever comes first.

A discount code or request for a discount code does not guarantee a ticket purchase and tickets are sold on a first come first serve basis.

What if i didn't receive a code? Or received the wrong code?

In order to receive a code you must be signed up to receive the newsletter: Email updates such as presales, offers and news
    Further to this you must be signed up for each year attended, the sign up is not historic. The loyalty code is a marketing email and can only be sent to those signed up.

We are unable to assist further as the allocation is sold out.

Fan Support

I don't feel supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Banaba

Hi guys never been to EP before and confused about tickets. I know early birds are gone but will more camping go on sale over the next few weeks or months?

Banaba wrote: »
    Hi guys never been to EP before and confused about tickets. I know early birds are gone but will more camping go on sale over the next few weeks or months?

Yeah I think they release more in October, and then again in March. Steep enough at €250 a pop for 3 day weekend camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

No code and looks like loyalty is gone. What a farce. I’m so annoyed because the word loyalty is clearly a joke.... I’ll send in a very angry email to everyone whose email address I can find but I feel like saying F it and not going. I’ve applied for Glastonbury and might hit a couple of smaller festivals instead. I love EP but man am I angry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

sauce?

Not a chance. Nearly a fifth of all tickets?? Where did you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Do ticketmaster actually give one shite about loyalty?! I emailed and sent a message through their website looking for the correct loyalty code and have had no response but according to this thread, the early birds are sold out anyway.
    They're such hungry bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

erica74 wrote: »
    Do ticketmaster actually give one shite about loyalty?! I emailed and sent a message through their website looking for the correct loyalty code and have had no response but according to this thread, the early birds are sold out anyway.
    They're such hungry bastards.

Pretty much exactly this. Didn't get any code, bought regular earlybirds because it was that or end up with nothing. I called their rep a ****weazel in a twitter PM so that feels a bit better.

Advertisement