Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

With yet another balls up from Ticketmaster, and the amount of dodgy sales of tickets at this time of year, would it not be better for Festival Republic to implement the Glastonbury/Seetickets method of sales? Photo on your ticket, if you've bought one you're going. Have a €50 initial deposit and pay off the balance around May/June.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Since when are they non transferable?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I love this list .. very comprehensive and specific:
    Second hand underwear. (excluding bras)

:eek: Some things don't need to be said.... or maybe they do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

maximoose wrote: »
    Since when are they non transferable?
    its the first point of their terms under the heading 'tickets and wristbands'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Looking on here and FB, I'm guessing there were much more three codes than actual tickets!!

Joe.ie say capacity increased by 2500 to 57500

https://www.joe.ie/music/extra-electric-picnic-tickets-sell-out-in-a-matter-of-seconds-676324

I've love the first Tweet from Saoirse.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

rubick wrote: »
    With yet another balls up from Ticketmaster, and the amount of dodgy sales of tickets at this time of year, would it not be better for Festival Republic to implement the Glastonbury/Seetickets method of sales? Photo on your ticket, if you've bought one you're going. Have a €50 initial deposit and pay off the balance around May/June.

what balls up from Ticketmaster? they sold out whatever the small allocation of tickets was in seconds. Job Done. :confused:

as for the dodgy sales, that's largely the problem of anyone who bought them.

not sure why FR and Ticketmaster would get into the extremely costly and time-consuming process of designing a system for registrations, uploading photos, administrating it all, dealing with deposits, dealing with balances, etc.
    A complete pain in the arse for them for no obvious gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

what balls up from Ticketmaster? they sold out whatever the small allocation of tickets was in seconds. Job Done. :confused:

as for the dodgy sales, that's largely the problem of anyone who bought them.

not sure why FR and Ticketmaster would get into the extremely costly and time-consuming process of designing a system for registrations, uploading photos, administrating it all, dealing with deposits, dealing with balances, etc.
    A complete pain in the arse for them for no obvious gain.

They sent out Family Camping Pass Barcodes on General Admission Weekend Tickets the other day, second year in a row.

They also already run a balance payment scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Commiserations to anyone who didn't pick up a ticket in the sale today but I'm always amazed at the anger on social media about it - the tweets in the Joe.ie link are just the start of it. People fuming that tickets went quickly... How many tickets do people expect to be held off the general sale for a sponsor to flog in late July? It can't be a significant amount, really.

I mean, its not like they disappeared and then reappeared on legit sites as "premium" or something similar, as was the case with plenty of other concerts this year.

The EP thing is simple supply and demand. There was probably a dozen or more people on this thread alone looking for codes and chancing their arm. Add to that Facebook, twitter, WhatsApp groups, etc and it looks like there was a major demand for what I would guess is a few hundred tickets. No surprise they vanish very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Hi all. I bought a weekend camping ticket second hand and I am just worried about this barcode thing.

I emailed Ticketmaster and saw on the FB page others did the same but they weren't very forthcoming with information!

Could I just ask if everyone here who got a second set of tickets was for FAMILY camping. Or did anyone get a second set of general weekend camping tickets.
    From what I have read I think it's just family tickets but as I said Ticketmaster just won't say.

Thanks guys

Hi all. I bought a weekend camping ticket second hand and I am just worried about this barcode thing.

I emailed Ticketmaster and saw on the FB page others did the same but they weren't very forthcoming with information!

Could I just ask if everyone here who got a second set of tickets was for FAMILY camping. Or did anyone get a second set of general weekend camping tickets.
    From what I have read I think it's just family tickets but as I said Ticketmaster just won't say.

Thanks guys

I believe the barcode issue only applies to family tickets, so if you have general camping, there's no need to worry about this particular element.

It would be great if Ticketmaster could offer an automated "check barcode service" where it could tell if tickets are cancelled at least, but there's nothing it in for them would only open an extra avenue of liability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Commiserations to anyone who didn't pick up a ticket in the sale today but I'm always amazed at the anger on social media about it - the tweets in the Joe.ie link are just the start of it. People fuming that tickets went quickly... How many tickets do people expect to be held off the general sale for a sponsor to flog in late July? It can't be a significant amount, really.

I mean, its not like they disappeared and then reappeared on legit sites as "premium" or something similar, as was the case with plenty of other concerts this year.

The EP thing is simple supply and demand. There was probably a dozen or more people on this thread alone looking for codes and chancing their arm. Add to that Facebook, twitter, WhatsApp groups, etc and it looks like there was a major demand for what I would guess is a few hundred tickets. No surprise they vanish very quickly.

Yep. Can never understand the moaning after sell out gigs.

The Olympia really gets me. It has a capacity of 1,240, so at least 240 are sold in presale, leaving 1,000. Not counting tickets held back for comps, I would say that most people buy 2. So that's 500 people buying up the lot. Why are people so surprised/annoyed that they didn't get theirs in something that's essentially a lottery? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

The problem is the lack of transparency from TM. People who logged on noticed that resale tickets were available from 9 o clock. Before 9 Viagogo had 4 tickets. It had over a hundred very very quickly after 9. Just looks a bit dodge.

Don’t know why they can’t reveal the ticket numbers.

The problem now is that there’s no security with resale tickets. And there’s no legit way to sell on a ticket. If some wa*ker says they're stolen after you’ve paid, TM can do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

67186656_10157499615779168_5523604620154241024_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQkl7lcVv3_Xuj5k8SrCtHhYpzFtzy2fNoUUGFApg2bgtpbYgr5szMI_1Wx299yfVa8&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=fa9115f1b474a07d8eaa0efad90b9858&oe=5DB38832

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I always like me a bit of Kormac, always great to get the party started. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

1975's... Someones trolling me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Touts on the Salty Dog are gonna be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Touts at Salty Dog. Oh boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I'd recommend bicurious to anyone, really good, really enjoy their music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sellorex

Noticed that Roisin Murphy has EP billed under Sept 1st so that confirms her for sunday,..

Any guesses as to what stage and slot??!?!??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

sellorex wrote: »
    Noticed that Roisin Murphy has EP billed under Sept 1st so that confirms her for sunday,..

Any guesses as to what stage and slot??!?!??

Maybe a sub, sub for the main stage (7.30 PM slot or thereabouts) or a headliner for Electric Arena or Rankin Woods marquees.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Fatfrog wrote: »
    1975's... somones trolling me.

Its a good album, no idea why they're so disliked in this thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

RSAG is awesome too ! Highly recommend !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I always like me a bit of Kormac, always great to get the party started. :)

Or finish it, I was toast after the shed last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Pillow queens, Touts, Otherkin all on the Salty Dog is brilliant.
    That’s a very strong lineup for the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Was it not always 50 tickets that 3 had every year? I swear I read that somewhere a few years back...

Also, very nice Salty Dog line up :) will probably spend more time there this year (provided it's still outside the arena)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Yay.. Pillow Queens!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭darzog

Amy Montgomery for Salty Dog...brilliant. The wee girl with the huge voice, and an all round good egg as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Look how much better everyone's feeling after the Salty Dog announcement! Brilliant line up. I could spend the weekend there quite happily. God bless her and all who sail in her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,612 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Always had a soft spot for Cathy Davy so I'm delighted to see her on the bill for the Salty Dog. And Touts will be ****ing epic. They're really amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Always had a soft spot for Cathy Davy so I'm delighted to see her on the bill for the Salty Dog. And Touts will be ****ing epic. They're really amazing.
    she was very good the last time i saw her at EP(in hazel wood if i remember correctly), nice and chill if youre looking for a break from the madness

Advertisement