Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Still no King Kong Company and Le Galaxie. What's happening to the electric picnic? Saying that it is somewhat saved after today's announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Was it not always 50 tickets that 3 had every year? I swear I read that somewhere a few years back...

Also, very nice Salty Dog line up :) will probably spend more time there this year (provided it's still outside the arena)

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was that low. Its why it's not in Three's interest to release the info on how many - even if they have a few hundred, there's thousands of people trying to jump in here to get tickets (including the touts who see this is another chance to screw people). If Three have 50 or 500 tickets, an awful lot of people just wouldn't bother switching to their network to get their code to try get in the sale and, presumably, that's the entire point of them being involved.

Also, cracking Salty Dog line up. RSAG, Meltybrains, Pillow Queens and Nealo. All good stuff there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Still no King Kong Company and Le Galaxie. What's happening to the electric picnic? Saying that it is somewhat saved after today's announcement.

Be very surprised if KKC didn't play. They're usually announced in august for it anyway so there's time yet. I mean who else is going to close the Salty Dog on Sunday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Korvanica wrote: »
    Be very surprised if KKC didn't play. They're usually announced in august for it anyway so there's time yet. I mean who else is going to close the Salty Dog on Sunday night?

Maybe the Mighty Stef (Now called Stefan Murphy & the Athletes of Soul), they've closed before a few times or the Touts.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Korvanica wrote: »

It was the lovely Cathy last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Have they started building the festival yet? How long does it usually take?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Cathy should change her name by deed poll. We all call her 'the lovely Cathy...'

She is lovely, in fairness.

In other news, Waiting for Smith is a singer. I thought These Charming Men had gone all avant garde there for a minute.

Snarky Snark Snark

rubick wrote: »
    Have they started building the festival yet? How long does it usually take?

bodhrandude can answer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The Scratch sound great. Anyone seen them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Cathy should change her name by deed poll. We all call her 'the lovely Cathy...'

She is lovely, in fairness.

In other news, Waiting for Smith is a singer. I thought These Charming Men had gone all avant garde there for a minute.

If they don’t have him on before TCM, someone should get a kicking.

• Advertisement

Not there yet but there is probably some onsite putting the bones together of the arena, probably the first thing going up will be the 40 km of heras fencing that acts as the festivals perimeter. In a few weeks the main stage and marquees will be erected and all the little bits in-between until I arrive onsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Drove by it this morning and no sign of build usually straight after the bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Crew will be onsite on the Tuesday after the bank holiday. Takes a whole month, then 2 or so weeks to teardown from what i remember.

Yeah something like a two month preparation for the likes of Glastonbury and Sziget that seems about right for EP a month before, don't forget half the stuff from last year is still there, peripheral areas like the B&S arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Maybe a sub, sub for the main stage (7.30 PM slot or thereabouts) or a headliner for Electric Arena or Rankin Woods marquees.

Headliner electric picnic like st vincent last year i would guess

Great line up for salty dog. Will defo be spending time there. Looking forward to otherkin live again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

I’ve agreed with a guy off toutless to buy two family camping tickets for face value but kinda worried after seeing the dodgy barcode reports. He’s on toutless 8 years so I’m sure he’s legit, but is there any way for me to check these out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    I’ve agreed with a guy off toutless to buy two family camping tickets for face value but kinda worried after seeing the dodgy barcode reports. He’s on toutless 8 years so I’m sure he’s legit, but is there any way for me to check these out?
    You could ask for the toutless users names he last sold tickets to. Drop them a DM, see if they had an ok experience dealing with him.should give you an idea on who you are dealing with

Given the announcements already plus more arena announcements jerry fish and b&s already have serious clash fear. How many sleeps scruff?

Snarky Snark Snark

36 sleeps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Looks like slabs are on offer in Tesco and Super Valu, I imagine Dunnes will follow suit over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Poorside wrote: »
    Looks like slabs are on offer in Tesco and Super Valu, I imagine Dunnes will follow suit over the weekend.

Yesh... It begins!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Yesh... It begins!

Like having an electronic frapp with combustible absinthe. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yep. Can never understand the moaning after sell out gigs.

The Olympia really gets me. It has a capacity of 1,240, so at least 240 are sold in presale, leaving 1,000. Not counting tickets held back for comps, I would say that most people buy 2. So that's 500 people buying up the lot. Why are people so surprised/annoyed that they didn't get theirs in something that's essentially a lottery? :o

My moaning on social media re my 3Plus sale woes has maybe landed me tidings of two tickets via a sympathetic mate, so there is that aspect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Not going to EP this year but that is a seriously good Salty Dog announcement. You've also got to reckon that the likes of Pillow Queens and Touts are going to get other outings over the weekend,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

All this talk of the Salty Dog quality announcement ignores the elephant in the room:

Is Salty Dog inside the main arena this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Sure they can't move 'er.
    Yaaar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

rubick wrote: »
    Sure they can't move 'er.
    Yaaar.

Yes, but they can move the main arena boundary. Considering that Freetown is taking over Wilde, it could well be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

All this talk of the Salty Dog quality announcement ignores the elephant in the room:

Is Salty Dog inside the main arena this year?

I've asked EP directly twice, on FB and Twitter. Also asked Salty Dog on Twitter.

Nothing but tumbleweeds so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

How could they do that really its a big crossroads of routes coming from Pink moon etc.

Advertisement