Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Has it been made clear if Freetown will be an extension of the late night events? I'd been assuming it was given the proximity of Trenchtown/Anachronica etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭endainoz

showpony1 wrote:
    How could they do that really its a big crossroads of routes coming from Pink moon etc.

Yeah it would be a serious logistical issue, there is more than enough traffic on those routes as it is. I doubt they would change that part of it, people are familiar with it. The site is plenty big enough to make campsites elsewhere without messing with a tried and tested system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

thebusher wrote: »
    I've asked EP directly twice, on FB and Twitter. Also asked Salty Dog on Twitter.

Nothing but tumbleweeds so far.

I've seen people asking (maybe you)! and no response has me more worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

endainoz wrote: »
    Yeah it would be a serious logistical issue, there is more than enough traffic on those routes as it is. I doubt they would change that part of it, people are familiar with it. The site is plenty big enough to make campsites elsewhere without messing with a tried and tested system.

Had the same thought when they said Hazel wood was going into the main arena, but moving it into where OV was and moving the boundary to there would be easy enough, only issue there might be the crew road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

showpony1 wrote: »
    How could they do that really its a big crossroads of routes coming from Pink moon etc.

Simply enough I'd think, PM has a lot of people but it's small compared to the other campsites so doesn't need as big a security check.

Options could be
    1. you'd simply have a security check in the path itself to the main arena

2. Re-open the paint ball entrance to the main area at night after the PM one has closed, that entrance to the main arena has not been used for access in years though

or
    3. could free town be free flow?

but with Hazelwood allegedly being part of the main arena, the that would point to either #1 or the actual hazelwood stage itself is moving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

No tickets for sale on DoneDeal//Adverts. A seller on Ebay is looking for €550 for one ticket. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Simply enough I'd think, PM has a lot of people but it's small compared to the other campsites so doesn't need as big a security check.

Options could be
    1. you'd simply have a security check in the path itself to the main arena

2. Re-open the paint ball entrance to the main area at night after the PM one has closed, that entrance to the main arena has not been used for access in years though

or
    3. could free town be free flow?

but with Hazelwood allegedly being part of the main arena, the that would point to either #1 or the actual hazelwood stage itself is moving

I asked staff why they closed it a couple of years ago and they said it
    was being kept as an emergency services route

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

No tickets for sale on DoneDeal//Adverts. A seller on Ebay is looking for €550 for one ticket. :mad:

Tickets will come available at face in the last fortnight. Always the same. People realise they have a thing they cant get out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

I can't find it at the moment, but I remember reading that thing about The Hazel Wood being in the main arena as somebody's quote rather than an actual fact.

It would be a shame to physically move it as it is a nice little spot. (But not as good last year with The Gaeltacht takeover)

The Cerebral Fortress in behind The Hazel Wood is brilliantly mad as well. Always well worth a visit.

If you look at aerial shots or Google maps of the site, the line of trees around the main arena (crew road) is a natural breakpoint.

To make Freetown and The Hazel Wood part of the main arena, there would have to be another fence through the woods, around Freetown and back to the main arena with or without impacting The Salty Dog and/or Trenchtown.

That fence would be a security nightmare.

Also, it was said here before that Freetown is a late night area and the main arena goes (somewhat) freeflow later anyway.

We might ask be worrying about nothing.

.... but then again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

has anyone gone swimming in the lake? last time i went was in 2016 and had planned on checking it out but never did in the end. heard from others than it wasnt very popular

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Hazelwood has been announced, Comedy in there on the Thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

has anyone gone swimming in the lake? last time i went was in 2016 and had planned on checking it out but never did in the end. heard from others than it wasnt very popular

Yeah, I went last year. Beats having a shower hands down!!! A real cure. However, if you want pretty blue coloured water and be able to see your feet, go to the Atlantic. You'll also be able to touch the bottom of the lake--there's grass, plants etc. I would highly recommend, but I like the outdoors. The only gripe I really had was that they made it family only at the very time that you'd be getting up, after a good night out!

Yeah, I went last year. Beats having a shower hands down!!! A real cure. However, if you want pretty blue coloured water and be able to see your feet, go to the Atlantic. You'll also be able to touch the bottom of the lake--there's grass, plants etc. I would highly recommend, but I like the outdoors. The only gripe I really had was that they made it family only at the very time that you'd be getting up, after a good night out!

that's what i was thinking, good way to clean and freshen up all in one go, something to do for a bit aswell when its too early to start the drinking aswell

I went down on Sunday morning last year. Got there a bit before family time. There seemed to be no hassle to stay once you were already there.

I'm planning on doing both mornings this year. Perfect way to start the day.

There are no lockers or anything. Just 2 small tents for changing. You leave your belongings there. I wouldn't imagine there would be much of a risk, but common sense would be not to bring too many valuable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

that's what i was thinking, good way to clean and freshen up all in one go, something to do for a bit aswell when its too early to start the drinking aswell

would jumping into a dirty lake really leave you feeling clean for the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

showpony1 wrote: »
    would jumping into a dirty lake really leave you feeling clean for the day?

Not dirty, just that it's a functioning lake with all that comes with it--and the feeling of rejuvenation doesn't allow you to consider whether you're clean ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Not dirty, just that it's a functioning lake with all that comes with it--and the feeling of rejuvenation doesn't allow you to consider whether you're clean ;-)

Are there rinse showers afterwards?

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Are there rinse showers afterwards?

None last year anyway.:(

I suppose they would need to set up proper drains as well.

The only other option would be a few hoses, a no soap/shower gel rule and let the water back in the lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Strange that they have no rinse down areas. I would've imagined it would be a Health & Safety requirement.

• Advertisement

Have they made a lake swimming announcement yet?

Perhaps that would be the best time to flood them with requests for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭endainoz

Perhaps that would be the best time to flood them with requests for something.

I see what you did there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So what is this lake like? Does it do a decent headline set. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

The Waterboys. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

A lake? You had a lake?
    When I were a lad....

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Sink 182

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Just paid off the second half of my pink moon tent there, pretty grim stuff without a ticket yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Camroc20

I went on the Saturday or Sunday morning and I was feeling very delicate before hand. It sorted me right out. It was a little cold but just what I needed.
    There were maybe 15-20 others there. A mix of families and groups of young lads jig-acting. Will plan to go again.
    I do remember it being really annoying to get to (from Janis Joplin) and a lot of the stewards not even knowing how you get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Camroc20

Poorside wrote: »
    Hazelwood has been announced, Comedy in there on the Thursday evening.

They have gone with the all-female line up for the comedy again this year. Did anyone check that out last year? Is the comedy the only entertainment on on the Thursday night or is there music somewhere too?

• Advertisement

followed by Emerson Lake & Palmer

Advertisement