Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

showpony1 wrote: »
    would jumping into a dirty lake really leave you feeling clean for the day?

compared to a proper shower no, compared to a few wet wipes under the armpits yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

compared to a proper shower no, compared to a few wet wipes under the armpits yes

I couldn't function without the daily shower at festivals. worst part of Sea Sessions was having 8 shower cubicles for the 10,000 camping!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Strange that they have no rinse down areas. I would've imagined it would be a Health & Safety requirement.

Sniff sniff... "what's that smell"
    "oh its my new scent do you like it 'eau de stagnant lake' comes in "sheep piss" or "decomposing animal" fragrance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

followed by Emerson Lake & Palmer

Hundred Waters - played Body & Soul in 2015 - excellent

Lanterns on the Lake - should play Body & Soul!

Hundred Waters - played Body & Soul in 2015 - excellent

Lanterns on the Lake - should play Body & Soul!

i heard phish might appear at some stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Camroc20 wrote: »
    They have gone with the all-female line up for the comedy again this year. Did anyone check that out last year? Is the comedy the only entertainment on on the Thursday night or is there music somewhere too?

Salty dog had a few acts on last year, think I went into the comedy thing for a few minutes to get a good old man bashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Sniff sniff... "what's that smell"
    "oh its my new scent do you like it 'eau de stagnant lake' comes in "sheep piss" or "decomposing animal" fragrance ;)

NEW: 'Stradbally', from Lynx. Sticks to places you didn't realise you had.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Just went in to get the Thursday Entry tickets on TM.
    Saying none available. Will more go back on sale do any of ye know? I thought I got them the week before last year..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

trinib wrote: »
    Saying none available. Will more go back on sale do any of ye know? I thought I got them the week before last year..

Jeez, that's weird. I didn't think they would ever sell out. Wonder how many are issued?

trinib wrote: »

They took them off sale as well last year and put them back up the week before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Poorside wrote: »
    Thanks a mil. Will keep an eye out closer to the time.

Poorside wrote: »

Why? Don't they realise people need to plan, lifts, book off work etc.

I really hope otherkin do another set elsewhere, bound to be a clash at their Salty dog gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

I really hope otherkin do another set elsewhere, bound to be a clash at their Salty dog gig.

They are doing two sets. Were in last main arena announcement and confirmed on Twitter doing two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Galway Friday night out in Neachtains. Paul Hartnoll and sound engineer Erica sat down at our table. Had five pints with them. Sound people. Big Irish festival news, but alas not EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Galway Friday night out in Neachtains. Paul Hartnoll and sound engineer Erica sat down at our table. Had five pints with them. Sound people. Big Irish festival news, but alas not EP.

Did you hear if they are Waterford bound for next weekend. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Did you hear if they are Waterford bound for next weekend. :)

Yep. Confirmed. Announced after tomorrow's gig here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yep. Confirmed. Announced after tomorrow's gig here.

No way. There'll be a lot of happy people over in the ATN thread.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    No way. There'll be a lot of happy people over in the ATN thread.

Yeah. It'll probably be announced on Monday. Told him I'd not put it on FB but he said no problem elsewhere. My pal Dermot and I had five beers with him and the engineer. Very chatty, very sound. He loved the 2012 EP gig. Happy to be delayed by The Cure. Hates Brexit. Nothing to dislike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Ah fcuksticks

• Advertisement

Ah fcuksticks

Yep. Wrong festival for me. Good for my pals headed south.

5 pints well done ;)

But seriously!! What an ATN up the sleeve!! We talk about EP announcements coinciding with ATN weekend, but this is a serious unleash I'm jealous AF!

5 pints well done ;)

But seriously!! What an ATN up the sleeve!! We talk about EP announcements coinciding with ATN weekend, but this is a serious unleash I'm jealous AF!

Yeah, it utterly overwhelms the second EP announcement whatever your musical taste. FR have more up their sleeve but this is very clearly an ATN coup.

And was a good three hour chat. I didn't recognise him until he started chatting and he was left alone by the pub goers bar a pal of a pal from Fermanagh who identified him. I also didn't know his wife was from Dublin. He loves the gigs here. And tomorrow will be a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

God I would have loved orbital for ep. That’s a shame now

A question for the fine discriminating music minds here. Is Daithi good live? He's supporting Orbital tonight but is also playing a late show at the Roisin Dubh with a live band and a few collaborators (Elaine Mai, Paul Noonan, etc). Worth going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A question for the fine discriminating music minds here. Is Daithi good live? He's supporting Orbital tonight but is also playing a late show at the Roisin Dubh with a live band and a few collaborators (Elaine Mai, Paul Noonan, etc). Worth going to?

Yup he's decent enough stuff can get a good party going, I just have the one clip from EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Yup he's decent enough stuff can get a good party going, I just have the one clip from EP.

Not a ringing endorsement. Sounds like seeing the support slot is enough. Atmosphere in the Roisin should be good though. Booka Shade doing a late live set at Monroe's also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Yeah I like him a lot! I’d deffo go! Enjoy orbital! Jealous! Was at caribou there last year and loved the set up there.

have seen him twice with incredibly small crowds both times, very good in fairness but i personally would prefer if he kept to just mixing on stage and not bother with trying to add the live violin into his music, seems a bit forced and doesnt add anything for me

• Advertisement

Slabs on offer in Dunnes, 2 for €50, €40 if you have a voucher.

Advertisement