Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

In fairness picnic probably have more up their sleave too, given the prodigy was announced just as ATN began last year, just to steal a bit on thunder on social media. These last minute big name announcements is usually made out as a gesture but really it's to boost early ticket sales for next year,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Just realised how good ATN's electronic lineup is;
    Orbital,
    Jon Hopkins
    Leftfield DJ
    Josh Wink
    Daithi

To name but a few...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Just realised how good ATN's electronic lineup is;
    Orbital,
    Jon Hopkins
    Leftfield DJ
    Josh Wink
    Daithi

To name but a few...

Ben UFO, Kiasmos, George Fitzgerald and Erol Alkan among others too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I have full faith in ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Rfrip wrote: »
    I have full faith in ep.

Seconded. There's more to come for sure. For a late night dance act I'd opt for Orbital above the Chemical Brothers, Basement Jaxx, Groove Armada or Underworld. Leftfield my absolute preference but I reckon EP is getting the Chemicals. And possibly Tame Impala.

Please don't blame me if all we end up with is Johnny Bloody Borrell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Seathrun66 wrote:

I'd rather Johnny Bloody Logan!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    but I reckon EP is getting the Chemicals.

Again? Bit soon no?

Did anyone go and see Orbital in Galway tonight?

Did anyone go and see Orbital in Galway tonight?

Yeah. Pretty great. Crowd really up for it as they were for Caribou & The Flaming Lips last year. New stuff is decent and good choice of old material. No dips in the set. Chime and Belfast as sublime as ever. It'll be a goodie next weekend.

Am on toddler duty in four hours. Maybe time to head home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Seconded. There's more to come for sure. For a late night dance act I'd opt for Orbital above the Chemical Brothers, Basement Jaxx, Groove Armada or Underworld. Leftfield my absolute preference but I reckon EP is getting the Chemicals. And possibly Tame Impala.

Jesus I'd be sick if the chems and tame impala got announced! That'd be a great final announcement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

kg703 wrote: »
    Jesus I'd be sick if the chems and tame impala got announced! That'd be a great final announcement

Would love to see tame impala but think they are too big for a late announcement. Hope i am wrong

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Would love to see tame impala but think they are too big for a late announcement. Hope i am wrong

Well EP changed these rules last year when they announced some whoppers in early August, I'm hoping still for Aphex Twin and Tame Impala, wouldn't mind the Chems, but I would prefer the dark twisty gurning alternative rave of Aphex and his shows have become more beautifully melodic over the last years of tours through Europe and the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yeah. Pretty great. Crowd really up for it as they were for Caribou & The Flaming Lips last year. New stuff is decent and good choice of old material. No dips in the set. Chime and Belfast as sublime as ever. It'll be a goodie next weekend.

Am on toddler duty in four hours. Maybe time to head home?

Good to hear about the set not dipping, when they played 09 I think, man there was a section where it honestly sounded like a car alarm going off, it must have lasted 10min, I thought it was just me but everyone with me was thinking the same. Picked up eventually. I think that gig one of their first after starting to tour again.

2012 was a vast improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Well EP changed these rules last year when they announced some whoppers in early August, I'm hoping still for Aphex Twin and Tame Impala, wouldn't mind the Chems, but I would prefer the dark twisty gurning alternative rave of Aphex and his shows have become more beautifully melodic over the last years of tours through Europe and the US.

True. Tame Impala has been my gig of the year so far would gladly go see them again

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Good to hear about the set not dipping, when they played 09 I think, man there was a section where it honestly sounded like a car alarm going off, it must have lasted 10min, I thought it was just me but everyone with me was thinking the same. Picked up eventually. I think that gig one of their first after starting to tour again.

2012 was a vast improvement.

Fully agree. Didn't enjoy that 2009 set but 2012 was a perfect complement to The Cure's awesome performance.

Five of the first seven tracks last night were new (to me anyway, I think four from last year's album) but they all worked. Much sampling of the voices of Brian Cox and Greta Thunberg. Others may disagree but I found it solid throughout.

Body and soul

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/body-soul-announces-its-line-electric-picnic-2019

The Body & Soul Stage will reach new heights of sonic seduction this year with an enhanced line-up that includes major Detroit talent JMSN; seminal electronica duo Lamb; the magic (and a little witchcraft) of Elder Island; unstoppable festival favourites King Kong Company; infectious bass-driven reggae/electronica from Gaudi; self-proclaimed ‘nerd disco’ project International Teachers of Pop; the gently seductive, fantastical songs of Jessica Pratt; visceral high-octane and unique rap from Flohio; pioneering emotional dance music from EMBRZ; rocker-turned-leading light of Irish electronica Arvo Party; a new queen of smart and ambitious pop Self Esteem; leading figures of the Irish new wave of Irish urban music Mango x Mathman; Ryan Vail and Elma Orkestra’s merging of neo-classical and atmospheric electronic as they present Borders; and anarchic, spontaneous and jarring Irish hip-hop from T.P.M.

Further highlights include Proper Micro NV’s lush electronica; the out-of-this-world talent of Æ MAK, the raucously unpredictable and wildly brilliant THUMPER; rising stars of pop-punk whenyoung; classically-influenced experimentally-driven songwriter Kitt Phillipa; “enthralling and menacing” Inni-K; the distinctive and extraordinary songs of Junior Brother; real dancefloor intuition from DJ Kelly-Anne Byrne; a cult figure of the Dublin music scene Paddy Hanna; challenging catchy avant-garde pop from The Claque; garage rock Limerick five-piece Fonda; the chilled out, heartfelt soul and all-out James Brown-esque funky goodness from Toshín; exciting new songwriter from Achill Island Graham Sweeney; deep, epic but accessible stadium alt-rock from In Their Thousands; an emerging group of award-winning trad musicians Sult; sugary melodies meet post-punk melancholy from Bob Skeleton and rising-talent singer-songwriter April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Will definitely be checking out Gaudi and Lamb!
    Excellent additions!

Graceland performed by London African Gospel Choir on a tour of the country the week of EP. I know nothing about them but playing some decent venues in the country and may be good for an afternoon slot on the main stage.

That Body & Soul line-up is very solid. Lots of great young Irish acts plus Lamb and Jessica Pratt. Is this the start of a drip-feed of announcements leading up to ATN?

Jeez lads Gaudi at B&S is perfect.
    Will be digging out my Orb t-shirt for this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Solid additions .. was hoping for Snapped Ankles, but will take Lamb & Gaudi

Snarky Snark Snark

KKC at B&S will be utterly rammed, hope they're doing double duty that weekeend.

Gaudi & Youth at Glastonbury this year was brilliant stuff, opened The Glade on Thursday afternoon.
    Really excited for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

KKC at B&S will be utterly rammed, hope they're doing double duty that weekeend.
    Finding them playing in the woods last year was great. Do they announce the second gig usually or it actually a surprise type scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Lamb, Jessica Pratt and Self Esteem are great additions. Will need to check out a few of the others.

Snarky Snark Snark

patch wrote: »
    Finding them playing in the woods last year was great. Do they announce the second gig usually or it actually a surprise type scenario?

They announced the Salty dog set at the end of the set on the Friday in EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Lamb and KKC are great additions. I've always wanted to see Lamb live so delighted. The place will be a tight squeeze for KKC

Really like embrez...seen him a few times over the years.

Love these two of his

https://soundcloud.com/embrz/dive-in-let-go-embrz-remix

https://soundcloud.com/embrz/slow-down

That’s a strong body and soul announcement the more I look at it. Must research later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Body & Soul stage is WAY too small for KKC, they filled the Electric Arena last year - and almost filled it at 3pm in 2017 ON A SUNDAY.

Ill be there though - getting rowdy as all fuc! :)

Advertisement