Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Anyone know the actual capacity of the EA tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Anyone know the actual capacity of the EA tent?

It was 8,000 in the early years. Unsure if they've used a bigger tent in the past decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

KKC at B&S will be mental and likely a safety issue but bring it on (survived them on salty dog). Saw thumper at kaleidoscope definitely worth a look if you like guitar music. Ae Mak and whenyoung were great last year. Lots of research to do. Currently researching on family holiday will get more serious in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Kelly Ann Byrne is closing out the main stage on the sat night. Great timeslot for her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

No mother DJs on that - do they usually form part of that announcement or do they just have that usual Earthship sunday night slot come the time.

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    No mother DJs on that - do they usually form part of that announcement or do they just have that usual Earthship sunday night slot come the time.

oh i never noticed that actually, but ya its just a given at this stage id say

they are in cork sat night so cant wait to see them.
    Will help with the ATN fomo!!

Rfrip wrote: »
    oh i never noticed that actually, but ya its just a given at this stage id say

they are in cork sat night so cant wait to see them.
    Will help with the ATN fomo!!

a few years ago Attention Bebe closed the Earthship stage on the Sunday - which was equally good if not better.
    As long as they stick to that type of vibe aka someone playing tunes we all know after a long weekend should be grand anyway.

I was thinking maybe mother will only do the Saturday In jerry fish tent.

i do hope they move attention bebe to a later slot not a 9pm/10pm Saturday when bound to be at something else.

Snarky Snark Snark

32 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'm looking to swap one electric picnic ticket for an all together now ticket if anyone is interested? (I have the EP ticket). Mods apologies if this isn't allowed.

Snarky Snark Snark

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I'm looking to swap one electric picnic ticket for an all together now ticket if anyone is interested? (I have the EP ticket). Mods apologies if this isn't allowed.

Get thee to toutless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Get thee to toutless.

Haha, I'm on my way. Just thought someone here would be interested first

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Rfrip wrote: »
    Kelly Ann Byrne is closing out the main stage on the sat night. Great timeslot for her

What one? The B&S one or the main, main one?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

What one? The B&S one or the main, main one?

Body and soul main stage!!

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Haha, I'm on my way. Just thought someone here would be interested first

check your PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Lads, they are gonna get lost on the poster and announcements but a friends young fella has a band playing Salty Dog (Sunday I think).

The Wha - crackin little band from Kilkenny who I imagine will be loved by the guitar/indie gang on here. Think Smiths, REM, Stone Roses, Jam etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Amelie Lens confirmed to be playing Friday of EP via her Instagram page

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Amelie Lens confirmed to be playing Friday of EP via her Instagram page

Can't wait for her set; she's my must see for the weekend. She's very much in demand and seems to be playing everywhere this year: bravo to the bookings team. If anyone on here likes their techno, come along: ye won't be disappointed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

ATN has had an impact on here, hasn't it? Body and Soul announcement today and look at the lack of activity in here. I think they should just let ATN have their fun and bombard it for the couple of weeks after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Stillill42 wrote: »
    ATN has had an impact on here, hasn't it? Body and Soul announcement today and look at the lack of activity in here. I think they should just let ATN have their fun and bombard it for the couple of weeks after it.

I am really not feeling it this year. Before the first announcement I was as excited as ever about EP, constantly looking up other festivals and touring acts to see who might potentially play EP. I haven't been a particular fan of any of the announcements and there probably isn't a single act on the lineup (that I've discovered yet) who I would buy a ticket to if they were playing a solo gig.

It feels like ATN have been blowing them out of the water with their announcements too and with that coming up it really is hard to think about EP this year. Maybe it will all change in the next few weeks as EP has always been my favourite weekend of the year. Anyone else feeling the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I am really not feeling it this year. Before the first announcement I was as excited as ever about EP, constantly looking up other festivals and touring acts to see who might potentially play EP. I haven't been a particular fan of any of the announcements and there probably isn't a single act on the lineup (that I've discovered yet) who I would buy a ticket to if they were playing a solo gig.

It feels like ATN have been blowing them out of the water with their announcements too and with that coming up it really is hard to think about EP this year. Maybe it will all change in the next few weeks as EP has always been my favourite weekend of the year. Anyone else feeling the same?

Pack it in, Ferris. I'm off to Curraghmore so my attention is momentarily diverted but come next week, I'll be bursting for EP again. Great Salty Dog announcement, very solid Body and Soul line up, it'll be fine. Hang in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Interesting act called "IDER", thought from the audio initially it may have been Sigrid. Really nice harmonies!!

https://youtu.be/dJbqQD1L6dY

https://youtu.be/xHfaO5SWPV0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Not going to ATN so that will be a factor but i am really looking forward to EP as for me personally the lineup is cracking, excluding headliners where only strokes of interest. Some nostalgia in jonny marr, richard ashcroft, jarvis, echo etc. Some new billie eilish, christine, lots of irish bands and lots i am discovering. To me a better lineup than ATN but know all wont agree with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Pack it in, Ferris. I'm off to Curraghmore so my attention is momentarily diverted but come next week, I'll be bursting for EP again. Great Salty Dog announcement, very solid Body and Soul line up, it'll be fine. Hang in there.

Same here Stillill - just get this weekend over me and it'll be full on usual EP hype this end.

Just reading some horror stories from the ATN Thread re: campsite bawlbegs, not too impressed with that. Think the Eco Campsite has me spoiled, guaranteed asshole free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

rubick wrote: »
    Same here Stillill - just get this weekend over me and it'll be full on usual EP hype this end.

Just reading some horror stories from the ATN Thread re: campsite bawlbegs, not too impressed with that. Think the Eco Campsite has me spoiled, guaranteed asshole free.

Doing Eco campsite this year for Picnic. Actually looking forward to it, had some bad encounters last year in EP.

ATN18 didnt have any issues with the campsite, I guess its just up to campsite gods on who your festival neighbors are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Columc wrote: »
    Doing Eco campsite this year for Picnic. Actually looking forward to it, had some bad encounters last year in EP.

ATN18 didnt have any issues with the campsite, I guess its just up to campsite gods on who your festival neighbors are!

Eco is a wee haven. This will be our 5th year in a row staying there. It's so well run, has a great atmosphere about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

ATN campsite was a utopia compared to the standard issues at EP regular camping. Very civil in the main. Fingers crossed - same story this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Eco is a wee haven. This will be our 5th year in a row staying there. It's so well run, has a great atmosphere about it.

We are considering ECO this year also, but because we won't be arriving until Friday lunchtime, the pick of any half decent spot will be taken. If we stick with PM, will definitely pop down for a look over weekend

Snarky Snark Snark

LowOdour wrote: »
    We are considering ECO this year also, but because we won't be arriving until Friday lunchtime

Don't you need to have had it booked into it months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Don't you need to have had it booked into it months ago?
    PM or Eco?
    We have Pink Moon purchased, but we also registered for ECO camping passes after we read about how good it was. We could easily get rid of either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Early entry for Thursday back up on Ticketmaster... ��
    One less sleep!!!

Advertisement