Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

rubick wrote: »
    Eco is a wee haven. This will be our 5th year in a row staying there. It's so well run, has a great atmosphere about it.

First year doing it, whats the format with the ECO campsite?

I'm in a group of 3-6 tents where we usually do a circle + gazebo, can e still do that? I heard its designated tent pitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

The Self Esteem album is worth a listen, probably one of the best this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Website homepage now has links to Stage Times and ATN App.

Neither link works, it just circles back to the home page again but we're getting somewhere, I'd say...

Wrong thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Wrong thread?

Whoops - should be in the ATN thread, not here!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Davydeath

Columc wrote: »

I'm in a group of 3-6 tents where we usually do a circle + gazebo, can e still do that? I heard its designated tent pitching.

Wed did eco last year for the first time and arrived 10am friday morning and just pitch where you want. was half empty at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Sports Team played on Tom Ravenscroft this morning. another for my list:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

Looks like you can buy early passes again for people looking to go Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Bruce2008 wrote: »
    Early entry for Thursday back up on Ticketmaster... ��
    One less sleep!!!

Thanks a mil for that. Got sorted....bring it on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Columc wrote: »

You can camp where ever is free, arrived Fri 2ish last year and it was pretty full, have a x6 man tent and really struggled to get a spot long or wide enough. Gonna do the early entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Fatfrog wrote:
    You can camp where ever is free, arrived Fri 2ish last year and it was pretty full, have a x6 man tent and really struggled to get a spot long or wide enough. Gonna do the early entry.

Is Eco open on the Thursday evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

nc6000 wrote: »

Ep website says no, but folk on here swear they were setup Thursday last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

I am fairly sure they are open on Thursday.

But I think there could be restrictions on Gazebos etc. as it was very packed last year.

I would imagine there will be some info closer to the time.

And yet another post-punk crew fro EP. Highly recommended by a pal who went to Latitude:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭desk tidy

Yeah it definitely is. We got there for gates opening last year and got straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And yet another post-punk crew fro EP. Highly recommended by a pal who went to Latitude:

Keep 'em coming, Seathrun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I was going by the website which says no.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Keep 'em coming, Seathrun.

There's an entire festival lineup of them out there. Coming out of the woodwork in every UK and Irish city. Here are the crew I most want for EP:

I made some edits in the Google Map.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VjcgxbTOmKyx9iMlqdbOtIrwaewj0m6V&usp=sharing

If you spot any errors, please let me know and I will try and fix.

Also integrated this map in the Festable app. Need to update the app though.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.festable

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Wrong Thread Pablo.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

I was going by the website which says no.

It definitely is open from 4pm on the Thursday - we had our tent up by 5pm last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

:D

Was confusing the hell out of me when I was looking at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

orbital confirmed for ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

I usually stay in pink moon but have a group of mates going this year that are going normal camping - unfortunately I don't think they've any plan as told me they are planning to go Eco camping and I had to tell them you need a pass to get In there.

Where does everyone else stay in this thread whilst I'm assuming avoiding jimmy Hendrix?
    Are the further back campsites like Joplin good for avoiding the big crowds whilst still having showers/facilities?
    Is it a long walk back and forth to the main arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

orbital confirmed for ATN

Some annoucement 2 days before a festival tbh

(although we had the inside scoop here but still!)

Im looking forward to all the ATN reviews next week, but dont think il ever be swayed from EP

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

So what is left in terms of announcements?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

How do we think they are going to announce Freetown. Like is there going to be big names there? Will Amelie lens be there instead of electric arena kinda thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Rfrip wrote: »
    How do we think they are going to announce Freetown. Like is there going to be big names there? Will Amelie lens be there instead of electric arena kinda thing?

Suspect Hawtin would be in there too. As to the announcement, I reckon it'll be phased, couple of individual announcements across the area - with zero photos.

Ooops .. sorry :(

Lesson Learned: Whatever about editing maps and code, never post on forums after 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

showpony1 wrote: »
    I usually stay in pink moon but have a group of mates going this year that are going normal camping - unfortunately I don't think they've any plan as told me they are planning to go Eco camping and I had to tell them you need a pass to get In there.

Where does everyone else stay in this thread whilst I'm assuming avoiding jimmy Hendrix?
    Are the further back campsites like Joplin good for avoiding the big crowds whilst still having showers/facilities?
    Is it a long walk back and forth to the main arena?

I stayed in the further out Joplin site last year. Field was full but reasonable room between tents. Most other sites I walked through seemed to be tents on top of tents.

Long enough walk, kinda thing where once you head in, that's it for the day.

There were plenty of toilets but long queues in the mornings, no showers, Nivea had showers in Hendrix, there the only showers I remember from the open campsites.

Only a couple of food vans, looked to be alot more options along Hendrix and Warhol but its not too far to walk.

I'd imagine with Wilde not being in the same place this year, it will have a knock on effect on all and probably mean the likes of Joplin will be alot busier.
    I'm staying Eco if I go this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭glennponder

tvercetti wrote: »
    I stayed in the further out Joplin site last year. Field was full but reasonable room between tents. Most other sites I walked through seemed to be tents on top of tents.

Long enough walk, kinda thing where once you head in, that's it for the day.

There were plenty of toilets but long queues in the mornings, no showers, Nivea had showers in Hendrix, there the only showers I remember from the open campsites.

Only a couple of food vans, looked to be alot more options along Hendrix and Warhol but its not too far to walk.

I'd imagine with Wilde not being in the same place this year, it will have a knock on effect on all and probably mean the likes of Joplin will be alot busier.
    I'm staying Eco if I go this year.

Eco is pre registration only and not a huge site, not sure if booked out but youd need to suss it out now, it's a great site in a decent enough location

Advertisement