Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Got loyalty tickets at Jervis St outlet around 12:30 no problem.

You must have been in the queue just before me then. I was there about 12.35 and they were gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Body & Soul is still the absolute best festival in Ireland, will be surprised if that changes any time soon.

I love B&S, but the lineup was very underwhelming this year and it was a long way from selling out. I think they need a much stronger lineup next year, much stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Kepler21 wrote: »
    You must have been in the queue just before me then. I was there about 12.35 and they were gone

That's ****e. The lad behind the counter said there was a heap of people complaining about the loyalty process. Sounds like I got really lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Shame on you Ticketmaster YET AGAIN. Fiasco as always !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I love B&S, but the lineup was very underwhelming this year and it was a long way from selling out. I think they need a much stronger lineup next year, much stronger.

Yeah, was walking the Camino in June so missed out on this year, the lineup is NEVER to my taste at all but I always have an unbelievable time regardless. Actually thought this year's EP lineup was a massive letdown but still plenty to hold my attention!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Not for the 1st time and deffo not for the last.
    T/M will make more money selling tickets without the early bird discount so wouldn't have thought there would be many available.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Korvanica wrote: »
    They cynic in you is wrong. Last year there were roughly 10k Loyalty tickets. Id imagine its the same this year.

Well that's kind of the point. Is there 10k available this year? Or was there 2k and they post that the early bird tickets have sold out in record time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

Too many people cottoned on to the fact that you can go into a Ticketmaster and very easily get tickets at Loyalty prices (show them a few pics on your phone).
    So if everyone who was sent a Code used their Codes, and another whole bunch of other people with no codes queued and got Loyalty prices, then EP is losing €40 per ticket.
    Maybe when they saw the demand they pulled the tickets to stop people getting them cheap in the outlets, who knows?
    The outlet staff aren't really in a position to start enforcing the ticketmaster rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

erica74 wrote: »
    Do ticketmaster actually give one shite about loyalty?! I emailed and sent a message through their website looking for the correct loyalty code and have had no response but according to this thread, the early birds are sold out anyway.
    They're such hungry bastards.

Why would they care about loyalty?? Everything is designed to make money or to create goodwill which will in turn make money

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I sent a booking email from 2015 and a picture from last weekend and got the 3+ code earlier but had sold out when I went to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Banaba wrote: »
    Hi guys never been to EP before and confused about tickets. I know early birds are gone but will more camping go on sale over the next few weeks or months?

Yeah I think they release more in October, and then again in March. Steep enough at €250 a pop for 3 day weekend camping.
    Here's what the official EP site is saying...looks like next year....

Tickets for Electric Picnic 2019, went on sale at 9am and have been snapped up in a matter of hours.

[font=futura-pt, "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif]Such is the demand for tickets that all Early Bird, Loyalty Tickets, Family Camping, Family Campervan and Campervan tickets have already SOLD OUT.
    Picnickers snapped up the early bird tickets within 4 hours of going on sale this morning, yet again demonstrating the unwavering popularity of Ireland’s favourite music and arts festival – Electric Picnic.
    Fans of the festival who missed out on tickets today will have the opportunity to purchase tickets when they go back on sale early next year.
    Electric Picnic 2019 will see an increase in capacity of 2,500 bringing the capacity to 57,500 and with 600 acres on the beautiful Stradbally Estate music fans can look forward to some brand new areas.[/font]

We're at 500 posts already, this is going to be another monster thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Yep it sure is;

Now some are happy and others not with the ticket debacle.

Moving onto positive thoughts; who do you all think may show up at EP 2019?

Here's my list Arctic Monkeys, Florence & The Machine, The Frames, Hozier, Chance the Rapper, Hot Chip, Royal Blood, Janelle Monet, for the top line acts.

Yep it sure is;

me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

It'll die down soon enough. then in January the moaning about no announcements and late announcements will start in earnest. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Tickets for Electric Picnic 2019, went on sale at 9am and have been snapped up in a matter of hours.

[font=futura-pt, "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif]Such is the demand for tickets that all Early Bird, Loyalty Tickets, Family Camping, Family Campervan and Campervan tickets have already SOLD OUT.
    Picnickers snapped up the early bird tickets within 4 hours of going on sale this morning, yet again demonstrating the unwavering popularity of Ireland’s favourite music and arts festival – Electric Picnic.
    Fans of the festival who missed out on tickets today will have the opportunity to purchase tickets when they go back on sale early next year.
    Electric Picnic 2019 will see an increase in capacity of 2,500 bringing the capacity to 57,500 and with 600 acres on the beautiful Stradbally Estate music fans can look forward to some brand new areas.[/font]

Was it always the plan for the capacity to increase next year? It was jammers this year FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

me

Me also confirmed in the Pink Moon Tent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Yep it sure is;

Here's my list Arctic Monkeys, Florence & The Machine, The Frames, Hozier, Chance the Rapper, Hot Chip, Royal Blood, Janelle Monet, for the top line acts.

Kodaline.

BigMo1 wrote: »

Was it always the plan for the capacity to increase next year? It was jammers this year FFS.
    Melvin Benn mentioned it yes saying that area would be increased (with some landowners offering extra land to use). But someone giving extra land is not the solution, unless somehow, in some bizarre space warp those fields could be inserted into the main arena. Maybe they'll increase the main arena size, since that's what they'll need to do, to spread out the crowds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That'd be a remarkable step up from this year's line up in terms of what I'd be looking for anyway!!

I'd say Hozier and Snow Patrol are absolute bankers. Beyond that, I haven't a notion who will be touring so it's hard to know.

Anyone want to speculate on the big reunion/reformation slots? Always seems to be a few on the festival circuit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I am dreaming but hoping that they use the extra space to **** casa bacardi, logic and heineken areas into another field where they can boom and dance away to their hearts content without annoying the **** out of everyone else with the noise bleed

a little dance field, full of ****e.

Yep it sure is;

Jesus, I'd sell my ticket if those were the headliners.

Like HC and RB and don't mind many of the others but you'd need a bit more to encourage me down to stradbally of a weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Bad stuff - Kodaline, The Academic
    Bearable - Hozier, Little Green Cars, Snow Patrol
    Rising acts returning - Touts, Murder Capital, Fontaines DC, Seamus Fogarty, David Keenan (all in the bigger tents this time)
    Hip-hop - Childish Gambino, Rejjie Snow, De La Soul/Public Enemy
    Indie - Foals/Radiohead/Libertines/Alt-J/The Cure/Arcade Fire
    Heritage act- A-ha, Pixies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Despite email correspondence with TM a few days back because always an issue with codes and their assurance all ok got the wrong code. Decided at about 9:20 to take the hit and buy at €185. After 45 mins of no luck bought at €205. P**sed off with TM but at least I have a ticket for my favourite weekend. Got my brother a 3+ code (his first visit) he was working so couldn't go on line at 9 but the jammy git got 3+ tickets at 12 online. Will be like the proud house owner showing him around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

I am dreaming but hoping that they use the extra space to **** casa bacardi, logic and heineken areas into another field where they can boom and dance away to their hearts content without annoying the **** out of everyone else with the noise bleed

a little dance field, full of ****e.

Thats a cracking idea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Melvin Benn mentioned it yes saying that area would be increased (with some landowners offering extra land to use). But someone giving extra land is not the solution, unless somehow, in some bizarre space warp those fields could be inserted into the main arena. Maybe they'll increase the main arena size, since that's what they'll need to do, to spread out the crowds.

Yeah it's hard to know what way they will expand it, hard to see how they could make the main arena bigger but that is really what they will need to do. They could also do with another campsite or expanding one of the campsites that exist already but you'd imagine that is easily done.

I think they could do with re-jigging a few things around the site. As we said yesterday Trenchtown does not really justify the amount of space it takes up, it would also probably make more sense to move something like the Casa Bacardi or Heineken or Logic stage over closer to the amusements because most of their crowd is probably coming from Jimi Hendrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Yeah it's hard to know what way they will expand it, hard to see how they could make the main arena bigger but that is really what they will need to do. They could also do with another campsite or expanding one of the campsites that exist already but you'd imagine that is easily done.

I think they could do with re-jigging a few things around the site. As we said yesterday Trenchtown does not really justify the amount of space it takes up, it would also probably make more sense to move something like the Casa Bacardi or Heineken or Logic stage over closer to the amusements because most of their crowd is probably coming from Jimi Hendrix.

The only way I can see them expanding the main arena is by moving pink moon camping to another area as that is a good chunk of the main field

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Bacardi seems to be fine noise bleed-wise.
    Heineken lower this year? And the noise screen also helped.
    Logic remains appalling. Moving it to Albania would be my preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Trenchtown does not really justify the amount of space it takes up, it would also probably make more sense to move something like the Casa Bacardi or Heineken or Logic stage over closer to the amusements because most of their crowd is probably coming from Jimi Hendrix.

Trenchtown is an odd one but it's perfect where it is, you cannot put anything large into that area, it's essentially a walk through so not suitable for a proper stage. No reason to **** with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Would rather sh*t in my hands and clap than go see Arctic Monkeys again. Woeful at Rock Werchter, new album was an insult of a follow up to AM. I wanna see more rock acts like Pearl Jam and Nine Inch Nails. Stereophonics would be a good shout on main stage around 7ish one of the evenings. Snow Patrol a defo, great to see them back gigging. Years and Years released a new album this year so they may make an appearance. Once KKC are they to do an after hours again I'll be a happy lady. I'm going regardless of what the line up will be, even if I've to go on me tobler

Advertisement