Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Rfrip wrote: »
    It will be picture this etc announced.
    Thats ok, we have been here before everyone.
    We know the drill.

and/or the coronas, maybe even the blizzards for a special treat

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I think it needs too be big not just a regular like the Chemicals, Possibly FatBoy(big).
    I'd be surprised if they don't go after the younger generation with a big name. They want to sell out even more tickets next year before an announcement. Freetown could pull 50,000 over a weekend by itself if done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

I'm probably going to be disappointed if I'm hoping for tame Impala in this next announcement... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

If it's going to be big I'd still bet on Martin Garrix, Carl Cox, David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Kygo, or if they've given a hint with something big I'd nearly put a fiver on DJ Diesel being announced : )
    Jesus man, I’m speechless. Even showpony hasn’t gone that low this year. You’re giving us monkeys a bad bad name.

Could you two please resolve your issues in the more traditional way...

2fwchw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I think it needs too be big not just a regular like the Chemicals, Possibly FatBoy(big).
    I'd be surprised if they don't go after the younger generation with a big name. They want to sell out even more tickets next year before an announcement. Freetown could pull 50,000 over a weekend by itself if done right.

Fatboy headlining Freetown would be so lazy and uninspiring.

• Advertisement

Fatboy headlining Freetown would be so lazy and uninspiring.

Yea I think so and the same with the Chemical Brothers. Needs to be fresh and current.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm probably going to be disappointed if I'm hoping for tame Impala in this next announcement... :P

He did say at the 3arena gig they'll be back soon.......

(I hope its not EP :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I'd say someone around the size of Nina Kraviz/Hannah Wants/Mall Grab/Jeff Mills/Ben Klock/Denis Sulta etc would be big enough to headline and go down a treat with the young crowd, I know some of them played last year so might not be back as soon. Have a look through any of the District 8 headliners from 2018 and I'd say most of them would drag a huge crowd to freetown. Someone who will whack it out and that young people can take drugs to.

I would personally love to see Bicep play but won't hold my breathe.

The reason I mentioned all those acts is they've all gaps in their schedules at EP time, didn't check Kygo just a young one told me he's big these days. They wouldn't have a clue of any of the ones you mentioned there.

The reason I mentioned all those acts is they've all gaps in their schedules at EP time, didn't check Kygo just a young one told me he's big these days. They wouldn't have a clue of any of the ones you mentioned there.

But Freetown won't be aimed at the Picture This/Coronas crowd. It will probably be aimed at the people who are interested in dance music and like taking drugs. I was at Denis Sulta last year at 6 o'clock in the day and he had the Rankins Wood tent packed. If he was playing at 2am at night after most stages have closed he would definitely pack out the Freetown area (he is just an example, many more would too).

• Advertisement

Why do you think the world's biggest DJ's wouldn't appeal to Electric fans. Not following the logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Why do you think the world's biggest DJ's wouldn't appeal to Electric fans. Not following the logic.
    if theyre really big acts theyll probably be on the main stage i think is probably was the original logic was

Most of the ones you posted are EDM, which is basically viewed by dance music lovers as chart rubbish. Go to any dance venue, rave, after party across the country this weekend and you will not be hearing Calvin Harris or David Guetta, maybe more likely to hear them in coppers or diceys.

If you aren't into dance music I get that it might be difficult to understand but if you are into it surely you know what I am talking about!?

Edit: and yes of course, sprucemooses point as well. If any of those did pop up at EP they would be playing the main stage.

I'm saying there crowd pullers. I'd be happy enough with Kormac headling but he was put head to head with the Prodigy last year and stuck in a shed with an orchestra down the Forrest.
    I think they'll go for a heavy hitter. Garrix, Deadmau5 that kind of thing. Rave culture is gone mainstream again...

I'm saying there crowd pullers. I'd be happy enough with Kormac headling but he was put head to head with the Prodigy last year and stuck in a shed with an orchestra down the Forrest.
    I think they'll go for a heavy hitter. Garrix, Deadmau5 that kind of thing. Rave culture is gone mainstream again...

True they are crowd pullers. I personally don't think they will go with someone of that size but I guess we will see over the next few weeks!

SO are we getting the repeat of the "Look at our new acts" announcement tomorrow then?

True they are crowd pullers. I personally don't think they will go with someone of that size but I guess we will see over the next few weeks!

I think they've saved some money on the main stage the younger crowd wouldn't have a bulls notion who the stokes are.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Today FM running an ad just now
    "electric Picnic 2019, something big is coming"....(with some dramatic music)

this could just be Today FM giving away tickets on all shows tomorrow.... rather than any act announcement??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

sydthebeat wrote: »
    this could just be Today FM giving away tickets on all shows tomorrow.... rather than any act announcement??

true, i heard the ad before they started banging on about ticket giveaways tmw
    I do still think there will be some news but as mentioned by someone before I fear it will be a clutch of Irish bedwetters (gavin/coronas/WOC/picture this,
    or some other "about to burst into tears" whingers!
    prove me wrong EP!..please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Today FM running an ad just now
    "electric Picnic 2019, something big is coming"....(with some dramatic music)

Actually, I'd like to refine my bet from earlier... This will be it. Today FM to announce their hangout area complete with their djs doing sets and it comes with "THE VERY LAST TICKETS AVAILABLE IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY." or something to that effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

think though they will announce something big the day ATN starts!

but then sure it would EP themselves posting not today fm. ya ye are right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Maybe Noni is going to headline EA on the Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

SO are we getting the repeat of the "Look at our new acts" announcement tomorrow then?

Seems so. ATN are competition but it's a bit undignified of EP I think. It's basically corporate trolling.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Seems so. ATN are competition but it's a bit undignified of EP I think. It's basically corporate trolling.

That is the exact word I was looking for. It's also transparent and petty!

Pure trolling, you think they'd have a bit of respect for friends of John Reynolds must be a bit emotional for them putting it all together this year without EP trying to piss on their parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I like announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Its gonna be a Gallagher lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Amelie Lens, Kolsch and Four Tet are fairly ripping it up these days. I'm happy enough with them and wouldn't be disappointed if Chem Bros were announced, they were class in 2016 and at Glastonbury this year. Real nostalgic feel to them as well I think.

They're a lot more pop-y but Disclosure are doing dj sets pretty much everywhere this year. Wouldn't be surprised if they were announced.

Bicep would be unreal ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Jesus man, I’m speechless. Even showpony hasn’t gone that low this year. You’re giving us monkeys a bad bad name.

and I was even right as Major Lasers biggest hit "Lean on" will be performed by MO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

thebusher wrote: »
    Its gonna be a Gallagher lads.

It won’t be Noel anyway as he’s in LA that weekend. And I’d be surprised if it’s liam and there’s still tickets available for his second date at 3 arena in November

Advertisement