Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Poorside wrote: »
    I agree, Stone Roses it is.

In my Stradbally paradise...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

No, no no no no no no no no no no no

Just no

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is it my imagination or did they play here I think I've seen them live here, I've cork in my head for some reason, definitely saw the inpiral carpets, I think spiritualised and definitely bazz and the boys..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Is it my imagination or did they play here I think I've seen them live here, I've cork in my head for some reason, definitely saw the inpiral carpets, I think spiritualised and definitely bazz and the boys..

Living up to your name.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Living up to your name.

Memory is shot to crap, still got the inspirals bootleg tape I bought at feile, have they definitely never played here, a very vague memory of seeing them..

• Advertisement

Found it, 95...I knew it : )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

They did Phoenix Park a few years back, a few weeks after the Manchester gigs. Marley Park a year or two later also.

A couple more heavy Picnics and my memory wiped too.

It's a wonderful thing to live in the now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Are tickets as scarce as they seem or am I just looking in the wrong places :lol:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Seen the discussions a few pages back but do we know anymore about Freetown date of announcement?

Maybe the chems will be announced but definately not for Freetown.

I have it in my head that the rave in the woods is far too risky for the organisers.. I mean like think about it, it's 2am pitch dark most ppl are fairly well on it!!, there are two ways in which is essentially on the same path that splits, one route by the ECO camp site gate, then you must climb over a bank in the dark (I've slid down there many a time :) ) the other path is like an unofficial short cut its narrow + there are holes and dips in the ground.
    Last year's incident at the gate of ECO forced the closure of that lane way I'd say exposed a weakness, because if something blocks that lane, how do you get thousands of people out for an emergency!!

I think They're gonna tone down the woods and use Freetown as an alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GradGirl27

Christine & the Queens self-confirmed for Saturday on her website.

Dermot Kennedy confirmed via Google event tour dates & bandsintown for Friday

Hozier confirmed via bandsintown for Friday

The Strokes via bandsintown for Saturday

Razorlight via bandsintown for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Fkn stop it!
    Stop it right now!
    Your messing with my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

I was there, It was savage. I am the resurrection lasted at least half an hour.

Spreece wrote: »
    I was there, It was savage. I am the resurrection lasted at least half an hour.

So was I but can hardly remember I thought it was cork ffs. A lot of long weekends under the bridge since then.

thebusher wrote: »
    Fkn stop it!
    Stop it right now!
    Your messing with my head.

Relax looks like Deadmau5 is playing.... hopefully we know tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Just imagine it, Sunday night, Johnny Marr introduces his special guest, Ian Browne strolls out, Mani starts ‘ I wanna be adored’ Squire and Marr join in and Reni arrives in on a 360 drum riser.

The Salty dog would go mad.

Just imagine it, Sunday night, Johnny Marr introduces his special guest, Ian Browne strolls out, Mani starts ‘ I wanna be adored’ Squire and Marr join in and Reni arrives in on a 360 drum riser.

Grown man crying here

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭bergipau

Isn’t that just a normal Sunday night in Laois?

I don’t think I could cope. I’d probably dig my own grave and die happy saying nothing could ever top that!

Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Last year's indicent at the gate of ECO forced the closure of that lane way I'd say exposed a weakness

what incident? Details, we needs details, log files, incident reports. Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Scubakeith

Currently listening to Today FM. If it’s anything to go by it looks like Gavin James will be announced today (they’ve already played Billie Eilish & Razorlight) and given they are official radio partner they prob know the line up (which will prob be announced by them today at some stage.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

So was I but can hardly remember I thought it was cork ffs. A lot of long weekends under the bridge since then.

It was in Cork. During a heatwave. Paul Weller played before the Roses and afterwards Orbital closed the festival.

Unforgettable night.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭glennponder

Academic too, think you're right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

isn't that just the usual ****e TodayFM plays?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

REM!!!

nice one

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JCreaghy

Just after 9, now to spend the next 8 hours in work, waiting for an announcement.

Just noticed tbe Specials are at a festival in Norn Iron the weekend before Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Spreece wrote: »
    It was in Cork. During a heatwave. Paul Weller played before the Roses and afterwards Orbital closed the festival.

Unforgettable night.

Feile '95 wasn't it. I was at '94 and '96 but missed that one. Weren't they septic though?

Snarky Snark Snark

not a sniff of an announcement yet?

28 Sleeps btw

not a sniff of an announcement yet?

There's a big one coming today, I can't wait to see the HSE waiting lists after EP this year. The annual trip to Portlaoise district court will be confined to the history books.
    My mate hasn't went back to EP since we told him wear a suit to court and he got a €900 fine for being the best dressed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Kinda going on my own this year.

Feeling a bit odd about it.

Go ahead and tell me I'm being a pleb and that I'll enjoy it anyway.

Advertisement