Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

everlast75 wrote: »
    Kinda going on my own this year.

Feeling a bit odd about it.

Go ahead and tell me I'm being a pleb and that I'll enjoy it anyway.

Sure you'll be grand, you'll enjoy it anyways, stay away from any if them dodgy characters!
    Looks like today fms announcement is they are giving away tickets on da radio. Hope there's more but f$%k knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

Not sure how much more Today FM I can take today,

I'd be more disappointed with no announcement over a bad announcement at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Apart from one year, I always go alone. Best way.

Pleb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Same here. For the first time after three pals pulled out. Worry not. Plenty on this thread go alone. Last year a few of us met up and there'll be boardsies meet-ups again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Don't.

Third year doing it and it's great craic altogether. You meet and chat with more people, see more bands and DJ's and you don't get dragged along to see a band that you're not into. Plus, there's always the Boards.ie meetup at the Roadhouse Doors on Friday to get you on your way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Evening time should be grand, I'll be fairly inebriated so won't give a toss.

I think it'll just be the stuff before the bands begin/daytime. I can't even sleep it out because I don't do naps.

Maybe I'll bring a rubik's cube to keep me occupied....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

You could always just indulge in a couple of bouts of vigorous self abuse to pass the afternoons away.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

So does it look like the ‘big’ announcement was just that Today FM are flogging tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You could always just indulge in a couple of bouts of vigorous self abuse to pass the afternoons away.

But I wanted the EP weekend to be different to every other weekend... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Have always gone on my own and always have a great weekend. My brother and his girlfriend going this year but given their taste in music i wont see much of them. Met a few from here last year and defo adds to the weekend. Having the freedom to choose what to watch is the big plus and tend to drink a bit less so mornings not as much of a struggle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

With the traffic chasos heading in to ATN, think now would be the perfect time for EP to drop the next big announcement!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Yyyeeeahhhhhh just won 2 tickets on Today Fm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

haitens wrote: »

I heard yah, sounded like one happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MichaelM93l

the traffic at atn looks like a ****show, hopefully they get it sorted pronto and the festival goers won’t be too disgruntled.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Twitter making for some horrible reading on ATN traffic.

I'm living locally and it was far better signed last year. The jump to 23000 people was bound to cause headaches but you'd imagine theyd have a better traffic plan.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

looking at it on google traffic is mental... slow traffic all teh way from carrick on suir and kilmacthomas

nearly 10km of slow traffic in both directions to it

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

It's been a good day for EP organisers. A very very good day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Genghis

Best way imho. Went with others one year, on my own last year. See what you want, do what you want, take it all in. And you'll inevitably meet someone you know.

If I get a ticket somehow, I'm going solo!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

All Together Now pulling tweets after getting roasted. They finally responded and it was completely tone deaf. Effectively blamed the commuters for not car pooling. Mad stuff.

Somewhere in Ireland the traffic team for EP just started double checking their numbers.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

EP has a much more staggered visitation.... And ATN send to have only two routes whereas EP would have four minimum... And lots more of you know the back roads

• Advertisement

If I missed the Fontaines because of traffic I’d be fuming, if ATN recovers from this it’ll be a miracle, there’s no way it will sell out next year unless they pull out some huge names in early announcements.

Poorside wrote: »
    If I missed the Fontaines because of traffic I’d be fuming, if ATN recovers from this it’ll be a miracle, there’s no way it will sell out next year unless they pull out some huge names in early announcements.

I think it was the 1st story on the 9 o clock news on newstalk hard to recover from such bad press. Especially with no real apology as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Having been at ATN last year and arrived reasonably early 3pm and finding problems finding space pitching a tent I knew to give this year a miss.

Feel sorry for those put out in traffic today. Reading tweets saying campsite is full, people pitching tents in the dark, fancy camping being checked in by one person, 8-10hr car journeys.

Ticket price like first year and reduction in capacity may allow this festival to live on in 2020.

Perhaps a park and ride in Waterford town with shuttle buses onto Curraghmore could ease transport problems should they want to keep the increased capacity they have this year.

Just want to say thanks for the thanks.
    Missed out on tickets because of the ticketmaster loyalty bull**** last year. (I know I should have bought tickets with
    the wrong code and sorted it out later).
    But at the time I was ready to miss the picnic for something else like ATN. I have gone to the last 6 picnics (and the 1st couple) and loved them all. Before that I was at witness/oxegen from the start until I realised it was a **** festival despite the line up.
    Ive been checking on this forum all year thinking I wasn't going this until today. It's crazy how you can convince yourself your not bothered about this year until you have a ticket.
    Now I can't wait.

Missed out on tickets because of the ticketmaster loyalty bull**** last year. (I know I should have bought tickets with
    But at the time I was ready to miss the picnic for something else like ATN. I have gone to the last 6 picnics (and the 1st couple) and loved them all. Before that I was at witness/oxegen from the start until I realised it was a **** festival despite the line up.
    Ive been checking on this forum all year thinking I wasn't going this until today. It's crazy how you can convince yourself your not bothered about this year until you have a ticket.
    Now I can't wait.

Better get your teenager kicking boots ready, TMC and Marr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Genghis

Now I can't wait.

Am asking myself if I could endure a month of TodayFM if there is a chance I could win tickets. Before you posted, I wouldn't have given myself any chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JCreaghy

Okay folks, let's forget the main stage. Who do you think is headlining and sub-headlining the Electric Arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Cainer

Now I can't wait.

Delighted for you, you sounded so excited on the radio...I was waiting with baited breath for my phone to ring too after entering 😂

I’m in the same boat with no tickets (but I do have s camper van ticket 🀦*♀️) so I’m entering every completion known to man and obsessively checking Ticketmaster every day too just in case...fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

sydthebeat wrote: »
    EP has a much more staggered visitation.... And ATN send to have only two routes whereas EP would have four minimum... And lots more of you know the back roads

Agreed, a poster on here said they lived near ATN and felt the site access would be a nightmare. This was before year1.

Most years I attend the ploughing with work, they spend about 3 years in a location then move to another site, traffic is an absolute pain as its 80K all at once !!! But the year it was across the the EP site, traffic flowed blissfully I think due to the huge number of back roads in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Agreed, a poster on here said they lived near ATN and felt the site access would be a nightmare. This was before year1.

Most years I attend the ploughing with work, they spend about 3 years in a location then move to another site, traffic is an absolute pain as its 80K all at once !!! But the year it was across the the EP site, traffic flowed blissfully I think due to the huge number of back roads in the area.

That was me. Just back from a run this morning and signs have sprung up everywhere overnight in addition to what I believe is a new Green route which directs people towards Portlaw as opposed to away from it!

Hope they get a better day of it today.

Advertisement