Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

Having been at ATN last year and arrived reasonably early 3pm and finding problems finding space pitching a tent I knew to give this year a miss.

Feel sorry for those put out in traffic today. Reading tweets saying campsite is full, people pitching tents in the dark, fancy camping being checked in by one person, 8-10hr car journeys.

Ticket price like first year and reduction in capacity may allow this festival to live on in 2020.

Perhaps a park and ride in Waterford town with shuttle buses onto Curraghmore could ease transport problems should they want to keep the increased capacity they have this year.

We arrived and parked at 11:30, eventually got into the campsite at 1:30. After struggling down a really narrow, steep enough hill, to turn at the end, and then very slowly make our way up a really narrow, steep enough hill, then single file into a really narrow queue, alongside metal barriers, eventually got through, got wristbands and 1:30 got into the campsite and pitched up.
    We have friends living in Carrick, friends living in Cork, friends living in Dublin and they all spent equal amounts of horrendous hours in traffic. No signs, no staff who knew what was going on, no gardai doing traffic management, traffic jams significantly contributed to by hundreds of cars being incorrectly directed and having to u turn and go back in the opposite direction.
    There's literally tents EVERYWHERE. There was no security or staff keeping an eye on people pitching to ensure walk ways and escape routes were kept clear. There was still people pitching tents at 1:30am and I'm talking about lots of people, not 1 or 2 people.
    The shuttle buses have apparently been cancelled.
    ATN responding to jokes and with jokes on social media but not responding to any of the genuine concerns and complaints. People trying to figure out if they should bother travelling down today and tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Aceso wrote: »
    We arrived and parked at 11:30, eventually got into the campsite at 1:30. After struggling down a really narrow, steep enough hill, to turn at the end, and then very slowly make our way up a really narrow, steep enough hill, then single file into a really narrow queue, alongside metal barriers, eventually got through, got wristbands and 1:30 got into the campsite and pitched up.
    We have friends living in Carrick, friends living in Cork, friends living in Dublin and they all spent equal amounts of horrendous hours in traffic. No signs, no staff who knew what was going on, no gardai doing traffic management, traffic jams significantly contributed to by hundreds of cars being incorrectly directed and having to u turn and go back in the opposite direction.
    There's literally tents EVERYWHERE. There was no security or staff keeping an eye on people pitching to ensure walk ways and escape routes were kept clear. There was still people pitching tents at 1:30am and I'm talking about lots of people, not 1 or 2 people.
    The shuttle buses have apparently been cancelled.
    ATN responding to jokes and with jokes on social media but not responding to any of the genuine concerns and complaints. People trying to figure out if they should bother travelling down today and tomorrow.

Pitching tents well into the AM sounds pretty bad.

Glad you got sorted though despite being there for almost two hours. Jeez.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

Pitching tents well into the AM sounds pretty bad.

Glad you got sorted though despite being there for almost two hours. Jeez.

Yeah, we were incredibly lucky. We thought our delay was bad until we started hearing from friends being kicked off buses, buses being turned away etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

JCreaghy wrote: »
    Okay folks, let's forget the main stage. Who do you think is headlining and sub-headlining the Electric Arena?

I'd guess The Streets, James Blake and Ritchie Hawtin headlining with Roisin Murphy, J Hus and Years & Years subbing but it coukd easily be the other way about too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Okay folks, let's forget the main stage. Who do you think is headlining and sub-headlining the Electric Arena?

Still lighting candles for Suede.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Still lighting candles for Suede.

And me for Wilco.

Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And me for Wilco.

I shall lightly kick the Tv in the hotel room if they are announced

I shall lightly kick the Tv in the hotel room if they are announced

They could receive no greater tribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Poorside wrote: »
    Better get your teenager kicking boots ready, TMC and Marr.

Polished and ready. Just hope the salty dog hasn't been moved or its not swamped by something else. Hopefully we get some updates about the possible new layout from a fellow Aphex Twin fan about the build this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

• Advertisement

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I'd guess The Streets, James Blake and Ritchie Hawtin headlining with Roisin Murphy, J Hus and Years & Years subbing but it coukd easily be the other way about too.

I reckon that is spot on. Only other acts announced I think could do it would be Ashcroft or Christine and The Queens. Im guessing Billie Eilish, Dermot Kennedy Johnny Marr and Gerry Cinnamon are gonna be main stage early evening acts over the weekend. But ya never know Father John Misty headlined the EA a few years ago, he was great but didn't have a huge crowd at it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Paddy2012 wrote: »

Years and Years headlined the EA last time they were at EP so i can see them third last on one of the days on the Main Stage.
    For some reason i can see Gerry Cinnamon headlining the EA up against the Strokes?

Years and Years headlined the EA last time they were at EP so i can see them third last on one of the days on the Main Stage.
    For some reason i can see Gerry Cinnamon headlining the EA up against the Strokes?

He only has 1 album and for me it's not great but he does have a big following so wouldn't be too surprised to see that. I was at Liam Gallagher in Cork this summer (got freebies to that too) and he was support act. Caught the last 15 mins of his set and the crowd was huge for him and it was a wild crowd. People up on shoulder flairs going off the whole lot. It was great to see from the bar at the back but not a fan of pints being thrown at me

haitens wrote: »
    I reckon that is spot on. Only other acts announced I think could do it would be Ashcroft or Christine and The Queens. Im guessing Billie Eilish, Dermot Kennedy Johnny Marr and Gerry Cinnamon are gonna be main stage early evening acts over the weekend. But ya never know Father John Misty headlined the EA a few years ago, he was great but didn't have a huge crowd at it.

I'm thinking the top two lines of the poster will be main stage acts along with Gerry Cinnamon, Jess Glynne, Johnny Marr, Ashcroft and probably Echo and the Bunnymen too. Would be nice to see Michael Kiwanuka given a main stage slot too but not sure if he will be.

He only has 1 album and for me it's not great but he does have a big following so wouldn't be too surprised to see that. I was at Liam Gallagher in Cork this summer (got freebies to that too) and he was support act. Caught the last 15 mins of his set and the crowd was huge for him and it was a wild crowd. People up on shoulder flairs going off the whole lot. It was great to see from the bar at the back but not a fan of pints being thrown at me

Yeah its strange that, it seems like people outside scotland watched youtube videos of his local crowds and decide to carry on the same way. Good luck to him but I don't get it.

Anyone know how his voice is holding up. Heard reports a few years back that it was fading. Hope they were wrong as his setlists this Summer are very good indeed.

Snarky Snark Snark

Still not a sniff or rumor of news?

End of the week I'd guess. Bet they were delighted not to have scheduled a release last Friday. Instead sit back and watch the MSM & social media crucify ATN's organisation. Or lack thereof.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JCreaghy

Jelly Fish is announcing his stage on the 13th I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    End of the week I'd guess. Bet they were delighted not to have scheduled a release last Friday. Instead sit back and watch the MSM & social media crucify ATN's organisation. Or lack thereof.

Absolutely. If they've held back one or two decent names and are able to land a tasty announcement on the Irish public on Friday, they will have had the kind of week the PR lads can only dream about. EP back in the festival driving seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Anderson .paak or Tame Impala would be the dream, nice lineup of DJs already. Last years last announcement was good to me so hopefully this years will be too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

Any idea what day the strokes are on?

NeonWolf wrote: »

No idea. Their website & Songkick have no firm date either. We should have the day breakdown of the main acts soon and the stage times usually on the Wednesday of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

NeonWolf wrote: »

Saturday according to this post.
    GradGirl27 wrote: »
    Christine & the Queens self-confirmed for Saturday on her website.

Dermot Kennedy confirmed via Google event tour dates & bandsintown for Friday

Hozier confirmed via bandsintown for Friday

The Strokes via bandsintown for Saturday

Razorlight via bandsintown for Sunday

Jelly Fish is announcing his stage on the 13th I believe.

A slippery customer. Can he be trusted to keep to that date?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Saturday according to this post.

Excellent if true. Can't make the full festival this year so Strokes finishing Sat night would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Johnny Marr Sunday bandsintown

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭glennponder

Florence Sunday night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Billie Eilish probably on the Friday, in Milan on the Saturday and Spain on the Monday,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭glennponder

1975 also Sunday night....

Advertisement