Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Echo & the bunnymen down for Saturday on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Think i saw somewhere earlier that strokes on friday. Dermot kennedy friday also

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Think i saw somewhere earlier that strokes on friday. Dermot kennedy friday also

Didnt one of the papers say that Dermot was playing before Hozier so im guessing Hozier and the Strokes are coheadlining the friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Didnt one of the papers say that Dermot was playing before Hozier so im guessing Hozier and the Strokes are coheadlining the friday?

If so that's a big start to the weekend. Only the Strokes appeal to me but there'll be a lot of people delighted to kick off the weekend with the other two.

If that’s the case, the main stage on Friday could easily be Dermot Kennedy, Billie Eilish, Hozier, The Strokes.
    That would be a very strong kickoff to the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭glennponder

Poorside wrote: »
    If that’s the case, the main stage on Friday could easily be Dermot Kennedy, Billie Eilish, Hozier, The Strokes.
    That would be a very strong kickoff to the weekend.

That doesn't leave any of the 4 headliners left for Saturday night though, new headline act to be announced???

That doesn't leave any of the 4 headliners left for Saturday night though, new headline act to be announced???

Could be The 1975.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭glennponder

Strokes Saturday, dermot Kennedy Friday

Would make more sense to have co-headliners play on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

Anyone know how quick the Thursday passes sell out generally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

cjdennis29 wrote: »

They had already gone off sale before so if you’re after one, I would act quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

25 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

25 sleeps

Starting to get less effective in work already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

More and more tickets starting to appear now on Facebook. My goodness that banter page is full of scrotes!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

cjdennis29 wrote: »

In 2017 when they first introduced them, they didn't sell out at all. In 2018, when they announced a comedy and salty dog lineup for the Thursday, they sold out (maybe about a week or two before the fest). Most people who got it last year had a positive view of it, so I think people have realised that for €25 they get:

1. An extra evening at a music festival;
    2. A lot less competition for camping spots;
    3. To avoid the Friday morning crush;
    4. Some reasonably good entertainment from up and coming acts and comedians;

and so there is a good chance they will sell out again this year. Unless, of course, that they haven't limited it to 5,000 early entry tickets and will sell them to whoever wants them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

So are we saying Weds or Friday this week for another announcement?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

Rfrip wrote:
    So are we saying Weds or Friday this week for another announcement?!

Could do with one, the post ATN blues are hitting hard today after an emotionally draining weekend!

hope all ye ATN goers are ok today!

Stay strong!

Now on to EP :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

Yep, firmly drawing a line under that one! Sorry EP never meant any of the bad things I said about you! But you should seriously consider introducing free flow this year, tell Heineken to shag off!

endainoz wrote: »
    Yep, firmly drawing a line under that one! Sorry EP never meant any of the bad things I said about you! But you should seriously consider introducing free flow this year, tell Heineken to shag off!

ATN is free flow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fatfrog wrote: »
    ATN is free flow?

Apart from the traffic, yes

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Spreece wrote: »
    It was in Cork. During a heatwave. Paul Weller played before the Roses and afterwards Orbital closed the festival.

Unforgettable night.

It sure was. It was the first year of a proper dance seperate arena also.
    Best Irish festival lineup ever ? Arguably....

I went to see stone Roses but was also blown away by Orbital who came on after them. The bass went through you.

Liking the lineup for this year as it is added too incrementally by each section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

everlast75 wrote: »

Boom!

Been on the EP website there loosing the will here in work. Way too early to have the excitement levels i have at the moment tbh.

everlast75 wrote: »

:) It's not so much the cost of buying booze (kinda have incorporated into my cost over the weekend at this stage) it's the security checks that really bug me! Heralded as "security" but we all suspect if takings are down at the bar Fri night then security is beefed up!

But the barrier takes away so much of your time, we've all been in the main arena and realise we need a jacket or something that's back at the tent, it's an hour round trip nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Anyone have any idea what the story with crew tickets is? I.E. what are the perks? Do crew have their own campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It’d be great for sure but there’s no chance of them doing anything like that when it’s selling out earlier every year. They’re more likely to do the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

One of the days last week I posted saying I am not feeling it for EP at all this year, Stillill was spot on when he said that once ATN passes the excitement levels will rise. Already looking more in depth into the EP lineup than I have in the past couple of weeks and looking forward to it a lot more now, will try and listen to as many acts as I can over the next few weeks to get a full picture of who I will go and see. Had a good time at ATN but it is no picnic yet anyway.

So do we have many more announcements left to come do we think? I know some are expecting another announcement for the main arena, last year there were 91 acts playing across the main stage, EA, RW, LBT & Cosby, so far we have 80 announced.. Would they have another announcement for just 10 or 11 acts? I won't be holding my breathe for any big names anyway.

Then I am guessing we will have the Jerry Fish, Electric Ireland, Freetown stages soon enough. Body & Soul didn't seem to list anything for their Bandstand or Earthship stages yet did they?

Also one more question, has anyone any experience of going down the Thursday? Considering it this year (staying in PM) but not sure if there is much point and if I will be shattered come the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Bonnie Tyler and Mr. Motivator announced as the headline acts for Electric Ireland’s Throwback Stage at Electric Picnic
    Today, Electric Ireland, with the help of acrobatic dance masters Lords of Strut, announced the line-up for the Electric Ireland Throwback Stage at Electric Picnic 2019. Festival-goers are in for a massive throwback treat, as the queen of the power ballad Bonnie Tyler makes her return to Electric Ireland’s Throwback Stage following her unforgettable performance in 2014. Joining Bonnie will be fitness fanatic and the legend of lycra, Mr. Motivator, who will once again bring his unique brand of unstoppable energy to Stradbally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Bonnie Tyler, Mr. Motivator and Lords of Strut announced for Electric Ireland Throwback Stage.

Advertisement